Old 03-23-2011, 04:33 PM   #1  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Default I Heart Calorie Counting...

...because there is cake in the office kitchen which is directly across from my office, and the first thing I think is "I have no idea how many calories are in one piece of that cake, so I am not grabbing any." Cake is my weakness and I get shaky just looking at it. Hooray for calorie counting!

That's all!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:55 PM   #2  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

I totally agree!!! Not knowing and not being able to accurately estimate how many calories are in something keeps me from eating a LOT of things I'd otherwise put in my mouth. Awesome job resisting the cake!!!

I have to bring in a dessert next week for the birthdays of a couple people in my department at work, and decided that instead of baking something as I'd normally do (I'll be too busy anyway), I'm going to get a couple dozen of the new petite desserts from Starbucks. One of the birthday girls is also calorie counting, and this way she and I can both have a little treat and know exactly what's in it (each are less than 200 calories) - and be able to restrict ourselves to just one. It's a much more expensive way to go on the dessert front, but I don't mind that and am happy I found a totally workable solution that doesn't involve me baking and tasting and being tempted the night before, not feeling like I can have a whole cupcake at the birthday celebration, not putting my birthday co-worker off her diet, etc. Yay for calorie counting!!
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:00 PM   #3  
Chronic Pain Fighter

S/C/G: 165/?/128-132

Height: 5' 10''

@ Chickadee---that's very generous of you.....Awesome!!!!!
desiresdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Height: 5'4"

Chickadee... I had to make desserts for a get together last week and I used one of hungry girl's "cheat"/easy recipes ... you just cut a fun size snickers in half, stick it in a mini phyllo shell... put it in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes... little baby snicker pies for about 50 cals each, and everyon thought I really MADE them. hehe.
LLBoldAsLove87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:16 PM   #5  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

A slice of chocolate 2-layer cake (@16 svgs per cake) is roughly about 550 cals.!!! Great Job just walking away!...you can always make a "reduced" calorie cake that tastes just as good for that "hard to deal with" TOM!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote