General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-23-2011, 01:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/205/150

Height: 5'4

Default Aunt Sally Visiting-(tmi);)

Its hard enough to drag myself to the gym let alone when I have my period. I just feel over all drained, and its even more depressing to see how much my stomach balloons when that time of the month does come along.

How do you fight the Aunt Sally blues?
fantasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

Believe it or not exercise (even if it is just walking) will help you feel better. It will help with the depression, fatigue and the cramps. Just try it this once, get up, go for a 20 minute walk and see how you feel!

Also, just curious, why do you call it "Aunt Sally" I get the "Aunt Flo" thing but sally has me stumped!
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:38 PM   #3  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shytowngal View Post
Believe it or not exercise (even if it is just walking) will help you feel better.
Also, just curious, why do you call it "Aunt Sally" I get the "Aunt Flo" thing but sally has me stumped!

I agree one week I had cramps so bad one day I went home, laid down and slept...but when I woke up the cramps came back I went to go workout with my trainer and my cramps were gone for the rest of the night, and I felt better and more energized as well!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:34 PM   #4  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

If my cramps are mild to moderate, I do my best to get myself to the gym. I know the workout will probably be much more tiring, and if it is I don't push myself as hard as usual, but it still feels good to walk out knowing that I got my workout in that day. And - the cramps subside pretty much as soon as I start a cardio workout, and it's really nice to be cramp-free for those 45 minutes or so. Unfortunately the exercise doesn't seem to help my cramps overall - by the time I get back in my car to leave the gym the cramps are back.

If my cramps are severe, which they usually are for 2-3 days each month, I forego the gym entirely. If I can't concentrate through the pain well enough to drive a car safely I don't belong anywhere but at home.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

I definitely have to tone down my exercise when I'm on my period. It makes me very weak and I get worn out far easier. Not only do I get sore as heck when I try and push myself but I get dizzy and feel like I'm going to pass out when I try to exercise at my regular intensity. I feel ya.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:03 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shytowngal View Post
Believe it or not exercise (even if it is just walking) will help you feel better. It will help with the depression, fatigue and the cramps. Just try it this once, get up, go for a 20 minute walk and see how you feel!

I have no idea....I probably should've called it Aunt Flo, I think Aunt Sally is from math class.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:06 PM   #7  

I am going to attempt working out tonight after work. I had really looked foward to lifting weights earlier so hopefully I am up to it.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:21 PM   #8  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasma View Post
I am going to attempt working out tonight after work. I had really looked foward to lifting weights earlier so hopefully I am up to it.
Sorry you're feeling so crummy. I definitely do know what that's like.

If the weights seem too tiring when you go tonight, maybe do just some and then hop on the treadmill and walk for 10 or 15 minutes. You'll still burn some calories but won't be too worn out. Go in thinking that you'll only do as much as your body really feels like it can handle, rather than feeling the dread of needing to make it through your entire workout. It's ok to not go at it as hard for a few days.

Last edited by chickadee32; 03-23-2011 at 04:24 PM.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote