Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 06:26 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Wednesday, 23 March 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - Tuesday, 22 March 2011
Old 03-23-2011, 07:10 AM   #2  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Addy, I just looked at your pictures. You look wonderful!!! You have done a great job and it shows. I know you are proud of yourself. You are a great example of how this program works, I'm proud for you. Judy
Old 03-23-2011, 07:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 212/175/140

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning Everyone!
I'm new to IP -- today starts week 2. I need some pointers/help making the crepes/pancakes. I've tried them twice and both times ended up with a mess. I read on another site that it's best to make them in a 10" skillet...this is going to sound stupid but am i just making one big pancake or is it supposed to be like regular pancakes and I pour smaller ones? I just can't seem to get the hang of it

Thank you!!
Old 03-23-2011, 07:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Addy, Your progress pics are incredible! Congrats!

I read on yesterday's thread, alot of people having low energy. I have been this way for the last couple weeks, then this week I got hit with a nasty cold, and a 2nd TOM in the last 3 weeks. I went to the dr. and got meds for the cold, so hopefully that gets better soon. Colds and Flu are going around in my area right now. As for the extra TOM, I really hope this is not a new pattern for me. I am generally pretty regular, so this is not normal for me. I will let my coach know, and and see what happens.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-23-2011, 08:02 AM   #5  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning IPer's! Here is to another 100% protocol day! Spent the night up with a sick child again. Our house needs to catch a break. Having to change the bedding in her bed, then our bed, clean her up, stay up with her in the middle of the night is exhausting. Hope her day is better today for her and mommy.

Hope we all have a great day!
Old 03-23-2011, 08:03 AM   #6  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Has anyone heard from Cheekywit, Hollymark, Joliebug, Mrs. Deitrich, showgirlz?....Have not seen them post in a while. Hope they are all doing well.

Stop in and say hello if you all see this!
Old 03-23-2011, 08:31 AM   #7  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Has anyone heard from Cheekywit, Hollymark, Joliebug, Mrs. Deitrich, showgirlz?....Have not seen them post in a while. Hope they are all doing well.

Stop in and say hello if you all see this!
I agree with juiceman. I can think of several more that are missing. HELP HELP!! This forum needs those folks who use to post to check in as often as you can. We need you and we miss you. Judy
Old 03-23-2011, 09:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygal View Post
Hi there,

I noticed in your post today that you're hypothyroid. I have a friend at work that is very interested in doing the program but she's been told by her doctor not to have any soy because it will interfere with her thyroid medication. Did your doctor ever tell you that? Like so many, she's gained a ton of weight and it continues to creep up no matter what she does.....but she's very concerned about the soy in the products. I'd love to know if you had similar warnings or worries before starting. I've been looking for something positive I can offer her to reassure her this is definitely the best thing for her. I know it has been for me and I've struggled to lose a pound in almost 10 years!

Thanks in advance for the response,

Mary

I have heard/read that. However, my Doctor has never said anything to me about soy. I am also lactose intolerant, so I was having some soy products (not a lot) before doing IP and I, personally (and I can only speak for myself), have never had any problem (that I know of) because of it.

I guess your friend will have to decide for herself what is best for her but today, on my scale at home (which tends to be different from my official weigh in scale at the gym), I was (unoficially) 165 lbs!!! The last time I was 165 lbs was during my pregnancy with my daugther (who is now 5 years old)! I am thrilled to bits!!!

I never had a weight problem before being diagnosed hypothyroid (I was diagnosed when I was 23 years old). Within a year of my diagnosis, I had gained about 30 lbs and I just kept it on for several years. I thought that being on medication would take care of the weight I had gained but it did not.

When I finally decided to do something about the weight (excercise & consults with a Dietician/Nutritionist), it took me about a year and half of hard work but I lost the weight just in time for my wedding in August 2002 (I was 135 lbs on my wedding day). However, my pregnancies that followed really messed that up badly. I gained just under 50 lbs per pregnancy (and not from overeating or underexercising - I even did prenatal aquafit). I only lost about 26 or 27 lbs after each pregnancy (baby, placenta, breast feeding, getting active again, etc.). I just recently read that your thyroid needs can be up to 50% greater during pregnancy but no Doctor ever said or did anything about my thyroid duirng my pregnancies. I just kept taking the same dose as always.

I started working on losing weight again at 196 lbs. in December 2008. It took over a year to get myself to around 176 lbs (exercise, same Dietician/Nutritionist as before) but I only got so far and then I just plateau'd and yo-yo'd the same 10 lbs up and down for over a year no matter what I did. I reached the point that I was eating approx. 1200 cals per day and exercising to the point of constant soreness and still not losing weight before deciding to try IP.

For me, so far, this seems to be an answer to my prayers!

(Feel free to print this response for your friend. I wish her the best of luck. I understand her frustration all too well.)

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 03-23-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:19 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 152/132/120

Height: 5'2"

Well- still here, plugging along! I had my second weigh (after 9 weeks) in and was happy with the lbs and inches (even though i seem to be losing a bit slowly- still LOSING!) I went shopping and discovered i'm a size smaller than i thought!!! AND, even bought a cute swimsuit with a smile on my face. don't you lurve IP????
Old 03-23-2011, 09:32 AM   #10  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal
ANYWHO, hopefully I'll get the back pain figured out soon, as for the lack of energy, I wonder now if it's because TOM is coming too...who knows. I just know I really liked the spike of energy I had in week 2 and 3 and wanted to keep that up LOL.
Thanks

I've been in IP since Feb 25th, so not quite as long as you, but I've had some back pain/cramping in the last four-five days and then my TOM showed up yesterday.

I have had back and neck issues all my life due to some fused vertebrae and being in car accident when I was little. I have noticed that my aches and pains seem more pronounced while on IP. I think it has to do with the changes in our muscles and also our hormones are affected by the change in diet. This month my body seemed much more sensitive to TOM than it has in the past.

I hope you feel better soon.

Here is what I've been doing recently and it seems to be working (maybe it's mental, who knows?).

1) I take some extra sea salt with warm water when I feel really low energy and that seems to help.
2) I've also been making my evening snack a higher carb one and moving it closer to bedtime. My energy in the morning seems a little higher having done all of the above.
3) Also, at breakfast, I take a stress B complex pill in addition to the multi-vitamin and it seems to be helping too.

I read somewhere that some coaches recommend an additional potassium pill, so you might discuss that with your coach too. Although that might have been when people were all the way to dizzy, and not just "low energy."

Feel better soon!
Old 03-23-2011, 09:36 AM   #11  
started IP: Jan 24th 2011

S/C/G: 195/173/125

Default lacking energy

Been also feeling very low energy lately. I feel great, but tire very easily. I've been falling asleep on the sofa (before 9pm) pretty much every night for about a week and a half. It's as tho I don't even see it coming. I just pass out. At first, I thought I was having trouble adjusting to the time change, but this is ridiculous.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:39 AM   #12  
started IP: Jan 24th 2011

S/C/G: 195/173/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Here is what I've been doing recently and it seems to be working (maybe it's mental, who knows?).

1) I take some extra sea salt with warm water when I feel really low energy and that seems to help.
2) I've also been making my evening snack a higher carb one and moving it closer to bedtime. My energy in the morning seems a little higher having done all of the above.
3) Also, at breakfast, I take a stress B complex pill in addition to the multi-vitamin and it seems to be helping too.

I read somewhere that some coaches recommend an additional potassium pill, so you might discuss that with your coach too. Although that might have been when people were all the way to dizzy, and not just "low energy."

Feel better soon!
Thanks! I'll try some of your tips & tricks!

Enjoy your Wednesday!
Old 03-23-2011, 09:48 AM   #13  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 206/167/150

Height: 5'8"

Happy hump day everyone!
I weighed myself today (scale whore) and am 191.0...so excited to be in the 180s soon! It's been a while since I've been there. My size 14 jeans are feeling a little more comfortable (just dropped down from a 16) and I can't wait for warmer weather to start buying cute summer things! Hope everyone has a great day and that the weather is better where you are (we're supposed to get snow tonight...sigh...winter needs to end)!
Old 03-23-2011, 09:52 AM   #14  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp8275 View Post
Happy hump day everyone!
I weighed myself today (scale whore) and am 191.0...so excited to be in the 180s soon! It's been a while since I've been there. My size 14 jeans are feeling a little more comfortable (just dropped down from a 16) and I can't wait for warmer weather to start buying cute summer things! Hope everyone has a great day and that the weather is better where you are (we're supposed to get snow tonight...sigh...winter needs to end)!
I too am scale whore and almost screamed with joy this morning when it read 190.0. I can't remember being so low. I was 192.0 at the end of the crazy 10-day fasting lemonade diet... Of course, that result lasted about 3 minutes...

My jeans are almost falling off, and yesterday my work pants that used to be "snug" were pretty darn loose.

Congrats! Glad we can celebrate (virtually) together.

The weather here is dismal and overcast today. I agree with you re: winter...

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 03-23-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:05 AM   #15  
IP start June 11, 2014

Started IP (alternative products) on March 13th. Dropped 13 lbs so far!!
Closed Thread