South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 03:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default SBD Daily Chat: Wednesday, 23 March

Good morning, ladies. Long time no see, huh??? Ugh...been busy. This past weekend was a super busy one at work. Hopefully things will slow down soon. Little news on the promotion front...I've got my assessment tomorrow (ummm, for me...today for you guys, LOL) at 1600 hrs. I'm sure they were doing me a favor by not making me get up too early since I have to work tomorrow night...too bad I had taken the first hour and a half off in Comp time due to the Autism Skate. Oh well.

Anyway, assuming I pass the assessment I should have an interview soon. I'll update you guys as soon as I find out something.

Alright ladies, grab your cup of joe and tell us about your day. I'm heading off to bed but will try to check in later. Have a good one...my cuddly dog awaits.

Speaking of...here she is snuggling on the couch w/ her other mommy today.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:47 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

What a precious looking pup! You must love to snuggle with her!

I'm trying to drum up some motivation to go for my walk. I'm not feeling it today but I know it'll be good for me. I still have to fold the laundry from yesterday and clean the upstairs bathroom and I had planned to go through the girls' drawers to pull out stuff for the yard sale. Then someone's coming to pick up some bookcases. And then we have ballet, the girls' martial arts, and then Lenten service for church, which means we are going to be getting home about an hour past the kids' bedtimes. Long day.

I've got some kind of throw-together vegetarian chili in the crock pot for the soup supper before the Lenten service. I hope it comes out OK. I had to substitute about half the ingredients because I forgot to shop for soup ingredients last week. Oops. I put spinach, garbanzo beans, green peppers, carrots, onions, and garlic in it with fire-roasted tomatoes and a can of vegetable broth and the spices. Cross your fingers for me!

OK, I'm going to get this walk going.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:59 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Good luck today Natasha.
Enjoy your walk Kara, and the soup sounds yummy to me.

Not much new here today, but this is my "long day" with meetings before and after school and then youth group this evening. Always tough to fit my exercise in on Wednesdays and I'm surrounded by junk food at all the meetings. I didn't do so well last week, but I've got my snacks packed and plan to do well today.

Enjoy your Wednesday friends!
Old 03-23-2011, 06:00 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

Hey Natasha and Kara and everyone else,
We woke up to snow on the cars this morning! Really, I thought we were done with this. Today is my last day of work before our little mini break to Philly. My boss is out today!!! So things should go very smoothly. My home is in disarray - yesterday, very spur of the moment, I bought a display cabinet off Craigslist which my husband went to pick up last night. It's great, and I've filled it, but what that means is that the hulking shelving unit I used to use in its place is sitting on its side in our dining area waiting to be picked up (next weekend). Additionally, we bought a new dvd/surround system because the old one stopped working, so now all the things on the tv stand are pulled out so my husband can hook it up today. Tonight will be a big push to get things straightened up before we leave tomorrow as my cleaning lady is coming while we are away and I want to come home to a nice clean house. So I'm in full on organizing mode today.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-23-2011, 06:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ugh, it's sleeting right now but at least we're missing the snow that's just north of us. I have my coffee and I'm ready to settle to chat for a bit.

Natasha, your pup is a cutie! Good luck on the assessment this afternoon and have a great day.

Kara, that chili sounds pretty darned good to me! It will sure taste good on this busy day of yours.

Matilda, I had high hopes that the wintry weather was behind us, but Mother Nature has other ideas I guess. I hope the roads will be fine for your drive down to Philly tomorrow, but I think they'll be OK. Enjoy your day at work without the boss!

Ack, I'll be right back. Jake wants me to check on something for him.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Someone is being very cruel today...sleet on the ground, and a 2 hour delay. Cruel because the last 5 days or so were so beautiful!!

Natasha - thanks for the cup! Good luck tonight!! Your pup is adorable.

Kara - Can't believe he's 4 months already! Good luck with getting everything ready for the yard sale, you must be getting excited! We have a few military clients that move to HI, getting their pets there is a pain!

Heidi - did you get that storm last night, or too far north?

MMCK - cool find on Craigslist!! I should go over and visit that site while the kids are sleeping in...

cottage - we unfortunately got the sleet too . The only good thing is that the kids get an extra hour of sleep, which they really need!

Eating this week is SO much better, although I did overindulge in cashews last night . I made a big pot of that black bean sweet potato soup this week...Oh my goodness!! I've had it before, but I think it's a new favorite. That stuff is so filling!!!

Have a great day!
Old 03-23-2011, 06:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Morning everyone! Matilda...speaking as a cleaning lady...your cleaning lady appreciates an organized house...it makes our job easier! Good news at Dr's yesterday for dh....heart is not in A fib....so, we can look at the valves in the summer and hopefully that have not gotten worse which would be fantastic news...no downward turns! Lunch out was a planned cheat yesterday (we go out on Tues for lunch...just dh and I) and it was terrible!! I feel cheated! LOL! Quick house this morning, squeeze in a run....maybe weights later?? Then...relaxing and reading all day!!! Woot!!!! Have a lovely day all!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 06:58 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's a mostly WFH day to make-up for the time on the road yesterday. I'll be out in the field tomorrow and Friday instead. I'll be back for personals later, trying to make my plan for the day right now. I like knowing what the day will look like.

Twynn - now I have to change my menus and make the black bean sweet potato stew tomorrow
Old 03-23-2011, 07:05 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Aaaaarrrrgggghhh! Once again I did a long post and lost it. See y'all later. I need to crank up my day.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:08 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Twynn, you made me hungry for that Black Bean & Sweet Potato Soup again, too! I've been switching out the sweet potatoes for butternut squash to cut down on calories, and it's just as good. I hope your kids enjoy their extra hour of sleep this morning. We don't have any accumulation at all and there are no school delays here.

kmac, hooray for the encouraging news for your DH! That's a shame that your lunch choice was a bust. Don't you hate when that happens?

Cyndi, it's great that you can work from home with your new job. Are you getting more snow today?

and Bye, Ruthie!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 03-23-2011 at 07:08 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:52 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning chicks,
Is it really Wednesday? What happened to Monday or Tuesday? It seems like it should be Tuesday. Spa weekend was great, but I feel like I'm running trying to catch up on everything this week. Which means it'll be over before I know it, which is a good thing! Food was not great over the weekend, there were not a lot of choices where we stayed, but we did do a lot of walking, and I've been on-plan since I got home, although I had too many nuts yesterday.
Today is WFH and hopefully a quiet day. DD needs new sneakers and gym clothes, so I will probably take her shopping after school, unless I can trust DH to do it. I sent him to buy new gym shorts for DS the other day and he came home with blue instead of black, so I have to return them.
The kids are off Friday, so I'm pondering planning an outing. Maybe the Spy Museum...
Old 03-23-2011, 08:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cottage - that's a good idea, what's the calorie difference? I know I could go look this up....
Old 03-23-2011, 08:54 AM   #13  

Seriously - how on earth do you all get ON here so early???
Granted - I was at work at 7, but hey . . .
Today - teach 7:30 - 1, then prep at the end of the day - WHOO HOO!
Meetings after school 3-5, then Girl Scouts with the kids.

Is it the weekend yet?

Be well -
Old 03-23-2011, 09:42 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

We just got back from a pre-draw for our annual health fair….of course, after a stop at Starbucks. Today is moving day; we'll head over to our other house as soon as we get the car packed. Food is OP and I've been feeling great!

Natasha, thanks for getting us started! I've been missing you, but just know you're busy. Thanks for the cute picture of your spotty nosed girl.

Kara, hope you've found your walking motivation by now. I do think you get lots of incidental walking with all the different levels in your house...especially when carrying a 4 month old. Your chili sounds good...hope it turns out.

Heidi, happy long Wednesday! With your snacks packed you'll do just fine!

Matilda, Wow! Snow! Happy organizing!

Linda,(Cottagebythesea), hope your coffee was good enough to get you through the day!

Twynn, great that your eating is back on track. I love the black beans/sweet potato combo, too.

Kristen(kmac), glad your DH had good results at the Dr. yesterday. Ouch, for a crappy meal out.

Cyndi, yay for WFH day!

Ruth,

Schmoodle, on Monday I was thinking it was Friday. Oops! It's great that you get to WFH every once in a while!

Bea, It's not the weekend ...but it's getting closer!
Old 03-23-2011, 09:52 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/170

Height: 5"6'

Good morning Ladies!
Well today is my son's birthday, he is now 7! Oh how time flies. I hope those with snow and sleet have safe drives today and I hope it leaves you soon! Supposed to be 81 here today and I get to leave work early to go spend the day with my birthday boy! My mom is coming in town tomorrow night to surprise him, he is going to be sooo excited!

Well, the scale was nice to me this morning, down a lb. Very good as I was feeling stuck....

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!!!
Closed Thread