Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-18-2011, 06:23 PM   #1  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Default Feeling like ****.

Enter whatever word you want into the above. I had a few choice ones... but... yeah.

I just feel... well... like I can't do it. I've gotten a bit closer to fitting into my prom dress (which I LOVE... but... if it's not one thing... it's something else...).

I apparently have weak skin on my feet... and while borrowing a pair of my grandma's flip flops to take a short walk down to the creek (my shoes were soaking wet...), my feet got COMPLETELY torn up by them. I was literally limping home. But... it was either keep wearing the shoes, or have small rocks or thorns stuck in my feet. Oh... and I've got a nice red farmer's sunburn. And my prom is in three weeks... and the dress is sleeveless.

I've been to see a nutritionist... and guess what? We've only done two tests (dna gluten test and an x-ray), and I might have either Celiac disease or at least gluten sensitivity, and scoliosis. And that's after only two tests. I find out the actual results of those two things on Tuesday and Wednesday. Plus... I have to try and schedule something else to get blood drawn for more testing. And that's at two different labs... and one of them is only open monday through thursday from 9 am to 1 pm. I go to school. I am a senior. I want to KEEP my exam exemptions. Not lose them because I need blood drawn.

So... that's frustrating... especially since I also WORK after school... and I normally work Monday through Thursday from 1-6. But now I have all of these appointments (PLUS my counselor appointment)... so I might not be able to work hardly at all next week... which sucks for both me and my supervisors.

And then I saw my dog the past two days... and... my dog is my LIFE. I was the one who found her on the street when she was a puppy, and she's been there in all of the hardest parts of my life... flew all the way from Serbia to be with me here in the USA... and she has to live five hours away with my Grandparents... who do nothing with her except make sure the doghouse isn't leaking and set out a bowl of food once a day. I mean... I'm grateful that they're doing that... but she's getting almost no mental stimulation at all. Yes... there's 40 acres for her to roam around on... but it's still not the kind of mental stimulation she does best in (she's EXTREMELY intelligent... and loves to learn new tricks). That... and I miss her. I get to see her MAYBE once a month... for one or two days. She's six years old... and she'll be eight by the time I'll be able to rent an apartment and keep her with me (the college I'm going to requires two years on campus dorm living). So... yeah. I hate having to leave her after each time seeing her.

So... yeah. I haven't been paying that much attention to diet... just aiming more for the whole foods and vegetables more than the other stuff... but... yeah.

I just feel like **** right now. Whatever those stars mean.
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:44 PM   #2  
nearly there

S/C/G: 145/111/95

Height: 5"1"

You live with your parents, right ? Why isn't your dog at home with you?
Magrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:58 PM   #3  
Keep on Keep'in on

S/C/G: 174/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Cheer up buttercup. I can't give you any great advice or say all your problems will be solved in no time. However, I can say 3 weeks is PLENTY of time for a sunburn to lighten up. I know its not much but I wanted to try and help some way! I think you are taking all the right steps in getting healthy and I think that is awesome!! I'm proud of you! I also think you are bright girl and a good writer. I can't wait to see pictures of you in your prom dress!! if you need anything you can vent to me any time!!
Andrbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #4  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Our apartment told us the day before she arrived in the us (after us asking them MULTIPLE times in the three months before that time) that "no pets". Literally... The day before. And my parents are sticklers for the rules. So... We had two days to find a place for her to stay. That was a year and a half ago. It's complicated... And frustrating. Especially since the lady in the other house owned by this same landlord is allowed to have a dog. I would fight it... But my parents won't let me... And they'd rather follow the rules, saying "god has a plan".
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 241/239/130

Height: 5'0"

Wow, you do have a lot going on I really hope things start to get better for you soon.

I think your sunburn will start fading over the next few weeks. Apply some lotion/aloe on it daily to deal with the peeling and I think you'll be okay (as long as you don't get sunburned a second time before prom). Maybe use daily sunscreen on that sunburned area to keep it from getting worse and darkening?

Other than that, with all the blood work you need done, I suggest looking into the medical excuse policy at your high school. I can't imagine that they would factor legitimate doctor visits and necessary blood work against your eligibility for test exemptions. See if they can work with you on this -- they can't work with you unless you let them know what's going on. Your school can't punish you for your medical needs and your doctors can write a letter to your school to prove everything.

I'm sorry I don't have any more ideas on what to do. Hang in there!
laueliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/175/212

Height: 6'1"

It sounds like you're completely overwhelmed. Take a deep breath. Whenever I'm feeling overwhelmed, I get a yellow legal-pad and a marker. I write down the first thing that I'm stressed about, and every little related item, and draw a box around it. Then I write down the second thing, and its related little items, and draw a second box around it. I do that until everything that has me stressed is on the paper and in boxes.

This helps me do 2 things: first, it helps me tease apart and compartmentalize my stress. Instead of having an 'it all' feeling, I can think (and feel) about each thing separately. Second, it allows me to see all of the problems in front of me.

Then, on separate sheets of paper, I write down the problem at the top of the page and write down all possible solutions to the problem. Or, if there isn't a solution, I write that down instead. If there are solutions, I decide what the required steps are and an approximate time-line (usually the amount of time, rather than a date, unless a date is more appropriate). If there aren't any solutions, or if the solution isn't something you can do yourself, I write down that instead.

Once you've written down your solutions, work on only ONE problem at a time! Accept the others for the time being, and implement the solutions ONE AT A TIME.

I don't know if this will help you, but it's the only way that I have found that I can dig myself out of having 100 simultaneous stressors.

Cheers.

Last edited by arthurjones; 03-21-2011 at 07:57 AM.
arthurjones is offline   Reply With Quote