Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 03-18-2011, 10:16 AM   #1  
Smile :)

S/C/G: 180/Ticker/Ticker

Height: 5'8"

Default A strange feeling, but very flattering...

A few weeks ago I started working at the front desk of a gym to get in the door for personal training..which BTW LADIES! This week I was hired on as a trainer! yeyy!
Anywayyy...last night I was working at the desk and a couple women who had been working out came up to chat with me. These ladies had never met me and didnt know about my new personal training venture. They told me that they had seen me at the desk alot and have watched me working out and wanted to ask for some advice. They said I appeared to be in great shape and asked about my workout routines and even my diet.
I know this is what being a trainer is all about, but its super flattering for these women to come up to "the receptionist" instead of one of the female trainers who happened to be on duty.

I've gotten many health and fitness related compliments from co-workers and gym members which feels great. I've had friends and family ask me for advice but they know the work I put in to get where I am today. It feels even better for people who don't know about my journey to acknowledge my healthy lifestyle.
KellyMarie90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:19 PM   #2  
Yoyo Master

S/C/G: 182/175/130

Height: 5'5"

That's an absolutely amazing complement you were given. You need to write it all down, fold it up, put it in your wallet, and pull it out any time you feel bummed about the whole weight/fitness thing.

Good luck on your trainer quest. Sounds like you are in a great place right now.
Alright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

That's awesome! When women at my gym ask my advice, it takes a few minutes to register that someone would actually want to look like me. I spent years in the other shoes! But then when I suggest that it is 80% about what you eat, their eyes sort of gloss over...

Congrats on your personal training venture - you've been there, so I'm sure you'll be great!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:11 PM   #4  
Year 9 in Maintenance

S/C/G: 271/125/115

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyMarie90 View Post
This week I was hired on as a trainer!
They said I appeared to be in great shape
and asked about my workout routines and even my diet.
KellyMarie, Congratulations.
Bright Angel is offline   Reply With Quote