Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-16-2011, 09:10 PM   #1  

Default Hubby finally wants to make a change after some blood work

Quick, quick because its my bed time!!

Update for anyone that remembers I was concerned about hubby's weight / health, and I didn't know what I should do if anything, and I got some awesome adviceon this board on how to approach him, and it worked that hubby and I talked it out.

Anyway I did have our primary doc write for us to get basic labs, cholestrol, fasting blood sugar, that kind of stuff. I told hubby I was getting it done and he and I alwas get it dont together. We havent checked in about 2 years...Well...

Hubby came back not so good. Actually the doc ordered a test c reactive protien, which can be used to indicate a higher risk for heart disease. Seems our doc is concerned about hubby too.
Also, hubby had to follow up with a 2 hour glucose tolerance test and H A1C, basically for anyone that knows about diabetes, you know that the doc was checking for that. We are picking up the results tomorrow.

I think it finally hit home with hubby. We have been eating healthier and portion controlled together. And he has been doing 30 minutes on the treadmill (and really giving it his all!) daily.
He has a free 2 week membership trial to the gym I go to and I think he's going to keep going!

There's really been a change in him. He has a personal trainer appt tomorrow. (We get 3 free ones with this gym) and I can see HE really wants to do this.

I just wanted to keep everyone posted.

Ok off to bed.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #2  
We'll go with that!

S/C/G: 262/230/175

Height: 5'7"

Awesome! Well.. not awesome about the blood work and the needing of more blood work because levels were off, etc. But awesome that he is taking it to heart and being in control of his own body! I'm glad to hear it! And dropping a little weight can completely take him out of the diabetes range and will be better for his heart, etc.

Yay!

LR
LightRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:17 PM   #3  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Just remember that blood sugars are controllable. Low carb is the way to go and he can keep himself off of meds. The ADA diet is greatly under fire for still saying people can eat so many carbs!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:25 PM   #4  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Height: 5'9"

It sucks that that's what it took but fortunately the change is happening now.
JMfan is offline   Reply With Quote