Old 03-16-2011, 07:42 PM   #1  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Unhappy Couldn't do it!!

Alright so I got to Disney World and discovere it was incredibly hard for me to follow protocol for phase one or two while traveling. Dining plan was included which made I even harder. I felt so guilty with the first bite of true carbs I had (bread with honey butter) oh so good. I spent the whole meal trying to justify my actions. Then I determines life goes on, I'm doing better then I would have been before IP. my plan is to be good for breakfast and lunch but enjoy a true dinner with desserts :-) with the family. It's only a week and I will kick my body into fat burning ketosis mode when I make it home. Thanks for reading!! Still feeling a bit guilty.
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
~ Michael Jordan

serendipityberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 169/158/135

Height: 5'3

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipityberry View Post
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
~ Michael Jordan

That is a great support quote!!!
33flowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:19 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
Alright so I got to Disney World and discovere it was incredibly hard for me to follow protocol for phase one or two while traveling. Dining plan was included which made I even harder. I felt so guilty with the first bite of true carbs I had (bread with honey butter) oh so good. I spent the whole meal trying to justify my actions. Then I determines life goes on, I'm doing better then I would have been before IP. my plan is to be good for breakfast and lunch but enjoy a true dinner with desserts :-) with the family. It's only a week and I will kick my body into fat burning ketosis mode when I make it home. Thanks for reading!! Still feeling a bit guilty.
Enjoy your trip and get back with the program once u get home. Don't let the guilt vacation with you. Have fun!
in4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 193/165/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipityberry View Post
~ Michael Jordan

love this quote
calival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:06 AM   #6  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

I imagine it's quite hard resisting temptation at WDW!! Sounds like you have a great strategy.....plus like you said.....you're eating better than before you were on IP!

We'll be heading "home" (that's what we call it cuz we're addicted to WDW) next month. We're really hoping to stay on track (gonna bring our packets). We have a special needs child who is particular with what he eats so most meals are inside anyway (we stay in the villas so we'll have a full kitchen).

We'll be taking another "adult only" trip in May.....now THAT trip may be a problem!! LOL!! Can't resist Casey's Corner nor the Main Street Bakery in the MK!!!

Hope you're having a Magical time!! Enjoy!!!!
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 164/156/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
I imagine it's quite hard resisting temptation at WDW!! Sounds like you have a great strategy.....plus like you said.....you're eating better than before you were on IP!

We'll be heading "home" (that's what we call it cuz we're addicted to WDW) next month. We're really hoping to stay on track (gonna bring our packets). We have a special needs child who is particular with what he eats so most meals are inside anyway (we stay in the villas so we'll have a full kitchen).

We'll be taking another "adult only" trip in May.....now THAT trip may be a problem!! LOL!! Can't resist Casey's Corner nor the Main Street Bakery in the MK!!!

Hope you're having a Magical time!! Enjoy!!!!

I LOVE the Villas, we stayed there many, many times. Which ones are you staying at? We always stayed at the Fairway Villas, and once at the Treehouse. WDW is such a great place, makes me want to go
Susanmly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:08 AM   #8  
started 2/22/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanmly View Post
I LOVE the Villas, we stayed there many, many times. Which ones are you staying at? We always stayed at the Fairway Villas, and once at the Treehouse. WDW is such a great place, makes me want to go
We own at Old Key West and at Bay Lake Towers. We used to stay at the Contemporary, but when they finally built the DVC next to it we were in!!Next month can't come soon enough!!!

Alaskaipjourney.....can't wait to hear about your trip!!
Old 03-17-2011, 10:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 294/294/150

Height: 5'3"

We own at Bay Lake tower as well and will be doing a three week stay this summer at Beach Club Villas and Wilderness Lodge and Villas. We plan to enjoy our trip and make some smart choice and then come back and hit the ground running again.
kamikazecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:15 AM   #10  
started 2/22/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazecat View Post
We own at Bay Lake tower as well and will be doing a three week stay this summer at Beach Club Villas and Wilderness Lodge and Villas. We plan to enjoy our trip and make some smart choice and then come back and hit the ground running again.

Wow!! THREE weeks???? You must have some serious points!! Lucky you!! I think we ALL need some "pixie dust" to stay away from all the "yum yum's" at WDW!! LOL!!

Can't wait to hear about AlaskaIPjourney's trip!! I LOVE to live life thru others who are down there when I'm not!! heehee!!

Last edited by disgal; 03-18-2011 at 05:45 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 340/335/200

Height: 6'1"

I already told my coach I am going to Disney World with the family and to not expect much progress that week.
stinhoutx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:50 PM   #12  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

I am going to WDW in June for the first time. I won't be on plan but can't wait to hear AlaskaIPjourney's trip info. I am so super excited.
mepeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:21 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 340/335/200

Height: 6'1"

We're going in June, too. 9th through the 14th.
stinhoutx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:05 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
Don't worry yourself silly...the stress'll do you in more than dinner will. Just do what you're doing for b'fast and lunch, enjoy your family dinner and get back on plan when you return. Take all your vitamins and drink as much water as you can, so psychologically you still mimick some of your IP routine. Not scientific...just some horse sense. You're very close to your goal and you will start on back towards that goal when you return home. If you have an epiphany before you return home, great, but if not, just pick up where you've left off like so many of us who have gone on vacation and off plan. Stay in touch with us cuz we're routin' for ya. I know you can do this! ps. say hi to Minnie and Micky
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:14 PM   #15  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Thanks guys! It's great to have support and know that I am not the only one that has been in this situation. Enjoyed a beer and pina colada today!! Tomorrow is our last night in WDW then we are off to Universal Studios for a few days. I am going back on Phase 1 as of tomorrow morning. I had my fill and am ready to get back on track to meet my goal. I can tell that after a few days of splurging it will not be an easy task.

As far as the folks that are going to WDW my suggestion is to get to the parks an hour early and head to the most popular ride and get yourself a Fast Pass. Also although it made my life more challenging I would totally recommend to everyone to get the dining plan. It's amazing how much you can save on meals when this is included in your package.
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote