Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2002, 08:19 AM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Post monday thread

Happy Monday to all. I worked Saturday (2 hours) and Sunday (5 hours all physical work..pulled a couple of muscles actually) so today is not a good Monday for me hehe. Plus I have to go to the dentist again but it is just a cleaning so not too bad. I'll check in later!
Old 12-16-2002, 09:35 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

morning fellow fabulous females,
how are we all doing today? i can't believe this is my last week of work before xmas! yippee!! after friday you'll not see me again till the 6th jan. but i'm sure you'll all cope just fine!
lori - hope things go well at the dentist.
so, what did everyone get up to at the weekend? i had a bit of a cleaning frenzy on sunday (that's the house all tidy for you jenk!) and a big girlie night out on friday. we ended up in a karaoke bar till the wee hours, most entertaining. unlike the long journey back home on the night bus! anyhow, i'm avoiding all nights out until the weekend because i need to save my points and make sure i'm at goal for when i weigh in (hopefully this thurs if i have time). fingers crossed i'll get my third star for my key ring. but given the past 2 weeks it's not looking good!! hmm, might have to postpone WI until the new year and hopefully that will make me good throughout the festive period.
anyhow. gotta go work,
kirsty
Old 12-16-2002, 10:08 AM   #3  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hi Ladies. I know that I haven't posted in a while. I've been lurking. And while I've never been one to jump onto the band wagon, it seems that this time, I will. JenL and Dr. Lori, can I join your club? I am pregnant too. This was a bit of a surprise (although I've been suspicious with the symptoms) but we weren't trying yet. I didn't imagine that I could get pregnant while we weren't trying, since we've had so much trouble in the past. So needless to say, we're thrilled. This is another just found out situation -- I'm due August 22. So since I'm not telling family or most friends yet (except the ones who have seen me yack lately) I just had to get it out and tell you guys!

Lori, good luck at the dentist...hope it's not as bad as you think it's going to be!

Kirsty, I am keeping my fingers crossed for your keychain. I really admire your dedication, especially in the middle of the holidays!

I'll check back later!
Old 12-16-2002, 10:14 AM   #4  
Scotland's finest export

jayne - congrats!!!
i wonder if this pregnancy thing is catching - perhaps our thread is some kind of "hot spot" for it...
anyone else got a bun in the oven??
(i don't - as far as i know!).
Old 12-16-2002, 10:27 AM   #5  

Jayne-Congrats! Since you guys have been through this before I will be asking for lots of advice!! You are due exactly a week after i am! So are you sick too? I keep getting hungry, eating, and then throwing up...oh well...the good news is, i am a lot more buxom! It's weird though b/c I am so used to looking at my self(as I'm sure most of us do-when you are trying to lose weight you are generally very body conscious)
Anyhow, every now and then i look down and am like-OMG! Where did THOSE come from?

It's hilarious! We had a good weekend-got the lights and the tree done, and I wrote out some X-Mas cards-now I just have to get to the PO to mail them....

More later-Lori
PS JenK-Good luck with finals!
Old 12-16-2002, 10:34 AM   #6  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Lori -- the boobie fairy visited you!!! (at least that's what my husband says). Yeah, the boobie fairy was my first clue that something was up. I have this constant nausea, not nearly as bad as Aaron, but there. I think that with Aaron, the more I nibbled throughout the day, the better I got on. Not really eating any significant amount at once, but keeping a sleeve of crackers next to me and taking a tiny bite every minute or so...that did the best for me. I think it's going to be fun to have another couple of "chicks" to go through this with. I have a friend here in town who is due in May and another one, who just had her eggs harvested to do in vitro in January...so wouldn't it be nice to have two web friends and two in town friends?
Old 12-16-2002, 10:38 AM   #7  

Congrats "Mommies"!!

I am with Kirsty, I am not preggo, I am not even speaking to my DH, let alone anything else with him (he is being a real a** lately)!
Old 12-16-2002, 10:40 AM   #8  
Eve's Mom

Jayne!! congratulations!! My god, Kirsty, I hope its not contagious!! I seem to get everything that goes around! Aug 22 is my sisters b-day - you baby will be a Leo if she/he is born on that day - its the cusp though.

It'll be 2003 - the Year of the 3FC babies.

Today I am feeling better - still lightheaded and weak from not eating and I have a bad cough but WAY better than before. 7 whole days of diarrhea and stomach cramping. Yikes!!

So B/f went out and bought my gift - its OBVIOUSLY jewelery - a ring/earring box (you know the size) and he wrapped it just like that. I was like, gee sweetie, looks like jewelery....he was like its not an engagement ring and explained he wouldn't propose on xmas. I know this and I was almost disappointed when I saw the box and thought it might be a ring - that wouldn't be very spontaneous. OH, here is the ring box I'll just wrap under the tree. I know, how selfish am I. I just had a vision of being totally surprised. And that wasn't a surprise. So I was relieved. Now, if he lied and it IS aring, well, that would be a surprise, but I really don't thinkhe's ready. This year, however, all our cards for his side and mine were signed by us both - he left room for my name and handed them off - it was cute.

No word from his ex g/f (you all know the one) yet, but I suspect on his bday (xmas day) she'll call. I don't really care though - she can't ruin THIS Christmas day for me this time. I won't let her.

Kirsty - I am keeping fingers and toes crossed for your keychain!! You can do it girl! Whenever you write about your ongoings I think of Bridget JOnes. Hey, is the girl in the movie that is the dark haired friend with the b/f Vile Richard (can't recall her name- Jude?) is she in Harry Potter as Moaning Mertle?? They sound the same when they cry....

Lori - hey girl - good luck at the dentist yikes!!

Dr. Lori - med question - when shoudl I start to eat milk again after diarrhea? As soon as symptoms stop or wait a few days?? Anyway, I think its halarious how you guys are tracking bodily changes...I sure hope if I get PG that my boobs don't grow too much - they are already a D36 or C38 depending on the bra. I don't want to be an E or F!!

Jen K - Carmen is doing really good - she is super sweet and smiling now! I'll try to post a pic of the 2 girls with Santa. Carmen is down to seeing the cardiologist only once very 2 weeks rather than once a week, which is good! And she is gaining weight and very content....its the best xmas gift, really. But I can' tbe around her til I get rid of this cough, as she is very likely to get the RSV. She is being immunized for it soon - its like $600/shot and she needs 6 shots. HOly cow. Poor baby.
How is AJ?

Must get to work - last week before xmas vacation! Yee haw!! BBL
Old 12-16-2002, 10:42 AM   #9  
Eve's Mom

Tonya - hey! I missed you while i was posting my novel. Hope you are doing well!!
Old 12-16-2002, 10:46 AM   #10  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

OK, stressed big time at work, so will post quick before my **** meeting.

Congrats Jayne. What's up with all this PG-ing going around. Guess I will have to share the spotlight! I haven't horked at all, and am actually having more energy again, so that is nice. And the little bean has been a kicking away at my lower belly. Love that feeling. Hey, how old is your little guy? You are going to have 2 a lot closer together than mine. Emma will be 2 1/2 almost exactly when the baby is born. Friday someone told me that I was nuts have 2 so close together and I was shocked. I thought that was a good distance apart.

Oh we got the tree and set it up this weekend (got pictures of getting the tree and they are precious!!). Emma help hang the lights and decorations. We turned on the lights and she stepped back and said (in the most precious voice) "Oh WOWWWW". Then she hung a lot of ornaments (all the low ones) and was all excited about it.

On Friday she had her Daycare Christmas performance and was the only one in her class that sang. The others stood there and stared. She was precious (got it on video). The teacher called her her little star! There were 6 kids up there I think. Emma was a superstar. She saw us and didn't cry, just smiled and belted out her little songs. Pretty good for a 2 year old. The teacher sang along too.

OK, guess I need to get ready for my horrid meeting. Ughhhhh... I am so emotional lately... that is another wonderful PG symptom!!
Old 12-16-2002, 10:48 AM   #11  

Default It's Mommy Month!

Congrats Jayne! Wow, everyone is getting PG. Please don't pass it on to me...not yet anyways!!!!! hahaha

Kirsty - good luck with the WI...have my fingers crossed!

Ok not much going on here. Going to lunch soon and the dentist after... I think I'm just going to leave at 11:30 and not come back to work. My dentist appointment is at 3. I would just go to lunch, come back for an hour, and then leave to go to the dentist. Plus I worked both days this weekend and really don't want to be here and Jay is home sick so he would be there if I just left and went home. Yep, I think thats what I'm gonna do!

So I definitely pulled a muscle in my right shoulder this weekend. It really hurts. I was supposed to go to public skating yesterday but didn't because I was so sore from working yesterday morning. I had bruises all over my shins when we were done! But it was fun, I was making OT on the weekend and working with guys I like, and we were talking and stuff, listening to music, while we were working. Its always better working on the weekends when someone else is there with you.

Have a great day ladies, I'll check in from home later.
Old 12-16-2002, 10:49 AM   #12  

Hi Jen - we are posting at the same time =)
Old 12-16-2002, 10:50 AM   #13  
Eve's Mom

Here's Carmen
Old 12-16-2002, 10:51 AM   #14  
Eve's Mom

Here is Julianna (age 4)
Old 12-16-2002, 11:05 AM   #15  
Scotland's finest export

gosh belle - that man holding carmen is awfully familiar...

tonya - hope your DH stops being an a** soon!
jenl - sounds like you've got a future celebrity there!
Closed Thread