Old 03-11-2011, 10:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 251/238/151

Height: 5'5"

Default Can we talk about being "stuck"?

Because I feel stuck right now! Ive been at 185 for 2 weeks. 2 long, hard weeks of working out and eating well within an acceptable amount of calories. And the scale wont go down, its like it refuses or something. And I was trying to blame the scale and its loud clunk, but it moved down for my DF soooooo I guess I can toss that excuse out the window.

I started C25K wednesday, hopefully this is enough of a switch up for my body to be like fine, 185 isnt really that great after all.

How long have you been stuck? How did you get un-stuck? How often does this happen?
Ishisnowcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/193.2/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm stuck at 185 for other reasons, which are my fault
I eat really, really well all week... then I go to work on the weekend, get tired and stressed, and then make bad food choices.

Example: last night I got home from work around 10. I hadn't had a proper dinner and I was "too tired" to make something good.... so, I ordered a sub and ate the entire thing! I consider this like a binge because I felt so full I wanted to puke after. I also know for a fact "cheat days" or "cheat meals" don't work for me. I don't know why I do this to myself.

Sorry, I didn't have anything more relevant to say. I hope the scale soon budges due to all your hard work!
SweetPeach3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Ishi Being stuck sucks. Mine was 3 weeks at 138.8...I dropped calories this week and upped exercise - just marginally - and I've now dropped a pound. It was my first real plateau I think, since starting in July last year at 187 (I think, can't remember off the top of my head).
I almost think it wasn't about me dropping my calories or upping my exercise but maybe even a mental block of some sort? Like my brain was putting so much pressure on me to continue the loss that I just kind of stopped - and the weirdest thing about it is that in these weeks with no loss, I've had more friends and family noticing my loss and asking me if I've lost more, it's bizarre. A friend I saw a couple of weeks ago, when I was at 138.8, asked me last night if I'd lost more weight because she thought I looked a lot smaller - I finally lost that pound yesterday, so I told her, just half a kilogram (1.1 pound) and she was so surprised it wasn't more.

Anyway, I say...hang in there, change things up - maybe starting the C25K programme will jump start things again.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote