Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-10-2011, 12:59 AM   #1  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Default What thoughts go through your mind when you binge?

Personally, I just think "this tastes good and I don't want to stop eating it." Often I will consciously try not to think about anything so as to keep guilt at bay. I fantasize about binging regularly, about just eating and eating and eating to the point where I can't physically eat any more, and then waiting for my stomach to produce room for more so I can keep eating. I have never allowed myself a truly epic binge like that - the worst I've had was going through a whole 250g jar of natural peanut butter in one night. I know deep down that even if I ordered and ate an entire large pizza or something, I wouldn't feel like it was enough.

There are also lots of justification-type thoughts centered around overeating and binging, like "I'm going to gain but I'll just lose it again" - which I do - and "I'm a perfectly healthy weight" - also true but everyone knows binging is unhealthy disordered behavior.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

I rarely do terrible binges all in one sitting, but when I do binge or overeat it's:

> I'm within a healthy BMI, I'm fine.
> I shouldn't be eating this but I'm having a binge so I'll just have a few more bites and finish.
> (Purposefully pushing thoughts aside, focusing on the carnal pleasure of the food, averting thoughts instead on the tv show I'm watching or the conversation I'm having at the party)
> And yes, "This tastes so good, I'm going to have some more."
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

omg this is delicious - what else can I eat that gives me this same feeling of comfort and freedom - find something else to eat, and the cycle continues.

"idontcareidontcareidontcare" is also on a loop through my head..
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:34 AM   #4  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

It's the worst with sweets, yeah? I can't even enjoy dessert half the time because I am just thinking about where and how I can get more. The obvious solution is "don't eat sweets ever" but we'd all be stick-thin and this forum wouldn't exist if it were that easy.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
It's the worst with sweets, yeah? I can't even enjoy dessert half the time because I am just thinking about where and how I can get more. The obvious solution is "don't eat sweets ever" but we'd all be stick-thin and this forum wouldn't exist if it were that easy.

It's salty carbs for me. Tortilla chips with melted cheese, giant pork buns, tortilla wraps with melted cheese & egg...
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:29 AM   #6  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

TBH, on a real binge I don't have many thoughts at all beyond a kind of desperate urge for the next, and the next, and the next thing.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:33 AM   #7  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

It's almost panic for me. I can't really describe it... but it's definitely out of control thinking. Like you said. I just want to stuff the feeling until it's gone. It makes me feel ill to think about right now. I haven't let myself go to that place in a long time. I hate it!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:39 AM   #8  
Berry and Me

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Yum! This is so good... I'm gonna have to work out extra after I'm done... lol.. I don't really binge though.. Sometimes I will have a piece of cake.
Lauren201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 145/160/120

Height: 5'6

I think mostly what goes through my head is nothing, if that makes sense. I find day to day i have a lot of responsibilities, more than a lot of people my age have (Or very different ones at least) And usually I have so much stuff running through my mind, along with daydreaming about food, worrying about weight, obsessing over calories, wondering how I can lose more weight.

Binging is so 'liberating', to just not care for a while, because I find everything just goes away for that time. But it only lasts for the 15 mins or so, longer if I purge. I think that's what makes it addictive to me.
serendipity907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:18 AM   #10  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

I am thinking, "OK, you have to eat all this food really fast so your brain doesn't catch up to how full your stomach really is. After all, you love this food and paid a lot of money for it and you are going to only do this ONE MORE TIME so you might as well make it worth your wile".

Immediately after I feel ashamed and swallow down 6 exlax with my chocolate shake. My binges were always planned for when I didn't have to work the next day.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:22 AM   #11  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I tell myself that it really isn't so bad. I tell myself that a few more bites won't really matter. I tell myself that I want the food more than I currently care about the way I feel or look--which a complete and total lie.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:38 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 255.5/196/158

Height: 5'7"

I binged this week on chocolate covered peanuts. At first I looked at them and thought "just leave them alone". Which I've done many times in the past. Then because I was off plan this weekend I thought I'll just have one handful. I was thinking well I already screwed up so a little more won't matter. I had been strictly on plan since January 1st. After one handful it was those are so good "ll just have a couple more... and more... and more... Then it was... I might as well finish them off so I won't be tempted.

Then someone refilled the bowl and I had two more handfuls on my way out of the building hoping no one saw me. I'd have to say I didn't take any while people were watching. Afterwards and I guess during I felt guilty about my lack of self control. I had some the next day too but fortunantly my clients polished them off during the group breaks. Now I'm afraid to weigh tomorrow because I don't want to see a gain
kittycarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:45 AM   #13  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity907 View Post
I think mostly what goes through my head is nothing, if that makes sense. I find day to day i have a lot of responsibilities, more than a lot of people my age have (Or very different ones at least) And usually I have so much stuff running through my mind, along with daydreaming about food, worrying about weight, obsessing over calories, wondering how I can lose more weight.
Yep, this sounds like me. There is nothing going on in my head. It's just quiet. Like I'm spaced out and zoning. I even have a blank, empty stare going on as I binge. Sometimes I'd get the "you have to stop eating this" thought looping through my head over and over, but it never stopped me.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:13 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Mostly I justify - I usually don't eat sugar, it's ok this once, you might as well enjoy all of it, etc. It's getting easier, though because I'm making myself picture how I feel after a binge. (Also, recording EVERYTHING I eat helps, too) So yeah, I'm trying to picture how I feel afterwards and that helps me to stop.
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:14 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

When I binge, it's almost as though I just can't get enough. I can be full to the brim with food, and want more. Even when I am doing it, I want to stop, but it as almost as if I cannot make myself. My mother was the same way. It gets worse with sweets.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote