General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-08-2011, 03:27 PM   #1  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Ow. My eye. My day is sucking so far.

I feel like a complete idiot. My contact lens may or may not be stuck in my eye.

This morning I was walking to class and it felt like something flew into my eye. So I went to the bathroom before class and pulled it out and put a little water on it (I know, water is bad but I COULDN'T miss class) and put it back in. It was bothering me all class.

I got out, went home, and tried to take it out and it WOULDN'T COME OUT. Those darn Acuvue Oaysis! I tried everything, pinching, blinking, getting my fingers wet, putting drops in my eyes, nothing worked. My eye went blurry at some point, and when I wear my glasses I can see out of them through that eye. But I never saw the lens or felt it come out, so now I don't know. I called the doctor and they want me to come in just in case. And now I feel really stupid, because if it isn't in there (which I suspect), then I basically poked my eyeball for 15 unnecessary minutes and irritated the crap out of it to the point where I have to go in and get it looked at.

Aaaand I have to miss yoga now. And my teacher is not a very down to earth lady for being a yoga teacher and gets super pissed if you miss a class, she takes it as like a personal insult. Last time I missed one, the next time I was there she nitpicked my form for an hour straight. It sucked.

On the bright side, I REALLY wanted a cookie to make myself feel better, but I resisted the urge. A cookie will not restore my dignity.

I hope your guys' day is going better than mine...

Last edited by oodlesofnoodles; 03-08-2011 at 03:28 PM.
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:12 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

If your eye went blurry at some point I'm guess it did fall out and you didn't notice.

Did you look in the mirror- you should be able to see a slight ring around your eye if you have it in.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:21 PM   #3  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, I know, I didn't see it but once my eye starts getting red and swollen it gets really hard to tell if it's in there or not. And my vision was already really blurry because of the water I used on the lens, so when it fell out (as I think it did) I didn't notice. And I was panicking. It wasn't until I tried putting my glasses on and my vision went back to crystal clear I realize it at the very least wasn't in front of my iris anymore.

And it ended up being a false alarm haha. My eye just hurts really bad now.
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote