Old 03-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default I'm back...

Not sure if anyone noticed but I took a little trip to Atkins land for almost a month. It just wasn't a good fit for me. Both digestively and emotionally. I cheated 3x and thus barely lost any weight, so it wasn't worth all the issues it caused me. I went to the doctor today for medication refills and talked about my diet and he suggested I go back to calorie counting. So, that's what I'm doing! My hubby is still doing Atkins so my dinners (and lunches when i take leftovers) will continue to be low carb but with some high carb snacks and breakfast.

I will probably do calorie cycling but for now I am going to aim for between 1500 and 1900.

Hope everyone is doing well.
ElizabethG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

I wondered where you'd gone! Glad to see you didn't disappear completely, and welcome back to calorie counting! If it's what works for you, do it
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:29 PM   #3  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Welcome back! Your plan sounds good. Glad you are choosing to do what makes you happy, more likely to keep it off that way!

Btw- Congratulations on your wt loss so far!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:44 AM   #4  
Calorie Countin' Fool

S/C/G: 274/ticker/150 for now/137?

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back! I've heard some people have a lot of success with a lower carb/calorie counting combo. Good luck!
NorthernExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 310/292/180

Height: 5'7

Welcome back! I am new here and love it! I did atkins for 2 weeks a few months ago. I lost 12 lbs in 2 weeks but then I got my cholesterol checked and it was through the roof. My family doc said it was all the cheese. So I stopped and gained it all back within 4 days. Its a great thing for people who can stick to it and don't have the health problems I have but I think calorie counting is something that is a lifetime change. Anyway I am done babbling LOL Good luck!!
Tamlynne31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the welcome back!

NorthernExposure- I think I might try a combo diet carbs/calories too. Belly Fat Cure is mix of sorts, it has a 120g carb max and 15g sugar max. I might also calorie cycle. But for now I just need to get back to religiously counting. I was counting carbs with Daily Plate but I was never 100% with it when I knew carb counts for sure. That's how I 'fell off' calorie counting in the first place, i just quit counting and my 2000 calorie max was no longer letting me lose weight (and that's what I could eat when i was in 200s and still lose weight). I lost 5-10 lbs doing Atkins but I am sure its all water because my weight was all over the place. I cheated like once per week but it was just one meal so I didn't think it was that bad but apparently it was.

I was 194 at the doctor yesterday fully dressed on period at 430pm. I started Atkins at 199ish but I flucuated between 195 and 199 every month for several months so that's hardly any net loss. So who knows where my weight is. I didn't weigh myself today because I'm still on period, I will weigh in later this week.

Rainbowstripe-Looks like you are doing awesome! Thanks for the welcome back!

Amandie-Thank you!!

Tamlynn- That stinks about your cholestrol my husbands numbers all look great and he's been on Atkins a year now (minus a few months lol) and he always has to get his blood drawn for his medicines. So this is definitely an example of how low carb can work for one person and not another! My tummy and mood didn't like it much either. lol

Anyway I definitely need to find my number and find a healthy maintainable way to lose weight. So far calorie counting is the only surefire thing for me so I will stick with what works!

Thanks again everyone!
ElizabethG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 310/292/180

Height: 5'7

LOL yes the mood... my poor husband those 2 weeks I did low carb. I am surprised he didn't leave me! LMAO!! The more I am told I can't have something the more I want and then the angrier I get!
Tamlynne31 is offline   Reply With Quote