Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-07-2011, 03:43 PM   #1  
J.la

Height: 5'0''

Default Other Benefits to Eating Healthy

I posted a pic of myself without makeup on facebook and got so many compliments, then I heard that drinking green tea is good for your skin and cutting out sodas helps your skin and I have done both. I put the two together and realized that my skin has improved since eating healthy. I used to get a big zit once a week but I haven't had one since starting the new program. I have been so focused on the weight loss part that I hadn't noticed other things. Has anyone else better skin? What are some other benefits to eating healthy that you have noticed in yourself?
j0lamo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

I drink green tea and I think it does help my skin! Eating healthy and exercising has given me sooo much more energy, and just helped my depression in general. Before, I used to take afternoon naps because I was so tired and just..sad. Not anymore!

I also think the end of the winter season has something to do with it..yay more sunshine!!
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:28 PM   #3  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

I have not noticed a difference in my skin, but there are other benefits to healthy eating that I've experienced.

I am more energetic and just feel better. I don't constantly have an upset stomach, and I rarely ever have my IBS symptoms that used to keep me up all night going to the bathroom after a day of eating greasy, fatty foods.

So even when I don't lose weight as fast as I like, I try to remind myself of these things. I know I am making myself more healthy with my better choices and that matters just as much as the scale.
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:31 PM   #4  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

I have noticed that my stomach (as far as digestion) is much kinder to me. I am not eating a ton of processed junk, and my body thanks me for it!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:50 PM   #5  
~Kim~

I'd never heard Green tea is good for the skin. Just another reason to keep drinking it. =) My skin is always better when I'm eating right. I've been on plan for just a week and it's already cleared up to almost blemish free.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #6  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

better diet = less PMS for me.
river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:12 PM   #7  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

The very first NSV I had was that my skin totally cleared up! I mean I used to have terrible acne on my body- not anymore! My skin is gorgeous if I do say so myself.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:15 PM   #8  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5'6"

I have early onset Parkinson's Disease, you know, the same illness Michael J. Fox suffers with. Eating only whole foods and almost no sugar has decreased my symptoms. I still have a tremor, I have accepted that, and most likely always will. However, I can now run where as 1.5 years ago I couldn't walk and could barely stand up unassisted.

Never discount the power of a healthy diet.

Last edited by milmin2043; 03-07-2011 at 07:16 PM.
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #9  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmin2043 View Post
I have early onset Parkinson's Disease, you know, the same illness Michael J. Fox suffers with. Eating only whole foods and almost no sugar has decreased my symptoms. I still have a tremor, I have accepted that, and most likely always will. However, I can now run where as 1.5 years ago I couldn't walk and could barely stand up unassisted.

Never discount the power of a healthy diet.
Wow, that is amazing...good for you.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

I have noticed clearer skin, too. I don't drink green tea- I thought it was the clean healthy eating.

The biggest thing with me is that my allergies have gone away. I used to always have a swollen runny nose. Not anymore... not sure if it is the weight loss or the good foods.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote