Old 03-07-2011, 09:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: highest 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Having a rough time

Hey girls. I think I just need to get this out and maybe read a few encouraging words.

I have been feeling down a lot lately. I'm generally a pretty positive, cheerful and upbeat person. I may have on day a month where I am extra irratable or emotional (thanks TOM!) but otherwise I'm a happy girl.

My period is over 3 weeks late. My last one began on 1/19 (give or take a day or 2) and has been MIA. I have taken 3 pregnancy tests, all negative. Last Saturday, I was in a horribly down mood. All I wanted to do was eat, drink and cry. I'm not a drinker or binge eater, so these were very odd cravings for me. Yesterday I felt the same way, with a bigger emphasis on the crying part. I cried 2 or 3 different times yesterday for no real reason. I even left the hubby to babysit and went out and window shopped for about 2 or 3 hours.

This is not like me at all. And the worst part is that I have a 21 month old little guy and I'm extremely short with him on these days. Then I have the mom-guilt on top of everything else.

Anyone else experience this? Its almost like I have post-partum depression. Are my hormones just completely out of whack because of the missed period?
jenn33082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:45 AM   #2  

Add some sweet potatoes to your diet. They help balance the hormones.
And maybe you need more time to yourself. A difficult thing to do when caring for a little one.

Another thing that helps the hormones a lot is Raw Pumpkin seeds. 2 tablespoons a day. They contain a lot of zinc. You can find them at the health food stores. They are green and have no shells.

A neighbor of mine swears by them. He says they give him a lot of energy and straightened out his hormones. And he is 95!

You can search for 'sweet potato depression remedy' and 'pumpkin seed depression remedy' in the internet and see all their other health benefits.

Best of luck to you!
JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:59 AM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm sorry you are feeling this way- I think having a missed period can definitely add a lot more stress to your life as well.

If possible can you get some "me time" anytime soon? Maybe take baby to grandparents for an afternoon and just do something nice for yourself? Or have a nice date with hubby if you are missing some quality time with him?

I have gone into slumps and I've found the boredom and routine and sometimes even loneliness can push me off plan. Find something that can get you out of that

Good luck!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #4  

Thanks girls. I do eat some sweet potatoes, but probably just once a week to every 2 weeks. I have some in the fridge, so i'll add one to my dinner tonight.

Hubby and I went on a date on Saturday night. It was nice, but I was feeling fine on Saturday too. It kind of comes and goes. Yesterday I took a little me time but it didn't seem to help.

Thanks for the tips girls!
Old 03-07-2011, 10:34 AM   #5  

Also, all of the grandparent live in CA and we live in NC. Its just us here.

My mom is coming for a visit at the end of this month for 2.5 weeks. I think I really need that, but if I keep feeling this way until she gets here, it gonna be a rough March.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

You might want to see someone if you think you are getting worse, you could be suffering from depression and just talking it out may help. Sounds like you are missing your family and that can be hard
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote