Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 03-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #1  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

Default Huge Binge Weekend

This weekend has been awful....
Thursday was DH's Birthday which started off the overeating. Friday wasn't too bad, just overate a little again, but come yesterday the huge binge began and it's now 9pm Sunday night and I've just hit the point where I know I can't eat anymore and it's finally over... At first I tried to talk myself out of it, but if I'm honest I really didn't want to, I just wanted to stuff my face constantly. I've avoided 3FC and reading weight loss blogs all weekend because I didn't want to think about it, I just wanted to eat and pretend there was no alternative to it...
I feel like my stomach is going to burst and sicker than I remember being in such a long time.
Why did I do this? I really don't know, was feeling so good before the weekend, weight had actually hit a new low, if only slightly, and I felt so strong. Had a fab day Thursday out shopping for new clothes, had my nails and eyebrows done, felt amazing, so what happened? I really have no idea... The only thing I can think is that I binged badly this time last month, so maybe it's got something to do with my cycle, maybe not.
I just know I've got to get back on plan straight away, deal with the withdrawal symptoms I know are going to make my life **** for the next few days, and try to figure out a way to stop this happening over and over again like it currently is.
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:37 PM   #2  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Just hugs, I struggle myself and have no answers. I'm just trying to accept and move on today. Tomorrow is a new day.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:35 PM   #3  

I had a bad one on New Year's Eve- I have written about it and kept it in my mind. I wanted to binge on the same cheap takeout Chinese recently and just went to bed, pulled the covers over my head and remembered in detail how crappy I felt the last time. Did not follow thru on the binge plan
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:29 PM   #4  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Huge binge weekends happen. Moving on is all you can do. Maybe you won't feel like you want to overdo it like that again for a while, with the inevitable negative feelings associated with such excess in recent memory...
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:27 AM   #5  
Fighting The Binges

I am totally disgusted with myself today...
I forced myself to step on the scales this morning and the damage was so much worse than I even imagined. I still feel sick to my stomach even this morning, and SO bloated.
But today is back on plan. I'm going into full weight loss mode this week until the damage is repaired, it could be a long week, or several....
Old 03-07-2011, 04:45 AM   #6  

Height: 5 foot 2 and a half (Don't forget the half lol!)

I'm sure it won't be several weeks. Most of that it is water weight that will drop off by itself.

Sometimes we need a reminder of why we shouldn't do things. Next time you have the urge to binge, remember how you feel right now and know it isn't worth it.
Heavenseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:02 AM   #7  
Year 9 in Maintenance

S/C/G: 271/125/115

Height: 5'0"

I've learned for myself that our problems with eating behaviors
don't end just because we've reached our weight-loss goals.

Bingeing was a problem for me when I was fat, and it still is.
Dealing with those problems one-day-at-a-time is just part of the maintenance process.
Bright Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:20 AM   #8  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Don't panic about the scale. I typically wait a day to weigh after a binge. Any weight I gain from a binge is always water and always gone in a few days. Just get back on plan and move forward.

For me right now I'm just forgiving myself today and moving forward.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:59 AM   #9  
Fighting The Binges

Just couldn't believe the number on the scale this morning, was absolutely disgusted with myself. I exploded through my red line and past it and frightened the life out of myself.
I'm back on track today but afraid to say that I'm struggling to forgive myself for such a huge binge. I haven't eaten like that since before I started my weight loss journey and it's really scared me this time.
So until the scale is back down to roughly what it was before the weekend I'm back in strict weight loss mode, no excuses.
And I think it's time for some tough love when those cravings start in future, oh, and I need to learn the word "no".
Old 03-08-2011, 10:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

LM-- I don't know if you saw my post up in the 100 lb club, but I'm just recovering from the first true binge since I started almost 2 years ago. It was horrifying to me!!!! But, this morning I woke up and realized that the difference now is that I dust myself off and keep going. It's hard. But we have to learn to live with ourselves.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote