Old 03-05-2011, 11:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 310/292/180

Height: 5'7

Default Do any of you have a juicer?

I don't drink alot of things other then water but I do get sick of it all the time and then I binge on bad drinks.. is that such a thing? binging on drinks? Well anyway I do.. my downfall is rootbeer and once I have some I want it all the time. Anyway I heard that its a good idea if you are sick of water to make a fresh veggie juice in a juicer so I was thinking of getting one. I found some recipes online for different juices where you just add in an apple or something to add a bit of sweetness. I would count the calories to it and all but I am wondering does it really taste good? Just not sure if its worth it or not.
Tamlynne31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:28 AM   #2  
~Kim~

I used to have one. From the research I did you really have to buy a high end one if you want it to be straight juice. I spent about a hundred on mine and there was always a good deal of pulp in my juice. I hate pulp so it was an issue for me.

How do you feel about tea? I'd never liked ice tea, but a couple months ago I was reading up on the benefits of green tea, I decided to try hot tea and I ended up finding that I really enjoy it with a little bit of no calorie sweetener. They have a lot of flavors too. I drink it between meals and it's supposed to be good for your metabolism. Just a thought. =)
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I do have a juicer and use it occaisionally. Carrots also add sweetness.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:44 AM   #4  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyDimples View Post
I used to have one. From the research I did you really have to buy a high end one if you want it to be straight juice. I spent about a hundred on mine and there was always a good deal of pulp in my juice. I hate pulp so it was an issue for me.

How do you feel about tea? I'd never liked ice tea, but a couple months ago I was reading up on the benefits of green tea, I decided to try hot tea and I ended up finding that I really enjoy it with a little bit of no calorie sweetener. They have a lot of flavors too. I drink it between meals and it's supposed to be good for your metabolism. Just a thought. =)
I went from Pop to juice to diet pop to finally tea, which is what i am most comfortable drinking now.

I let it cool then refrigerate it, no added sweeteners either, it's just fine once you get used to it, i also like to mix teas, currently i really like an " apricot splash " and " green tea " combo.
Resolute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:53 AM   #5  

We have one. We started cutting out HFC about a year ago and the juicer really helps alot. We bought one that was about $50 or $60. I personally don't mind the pulp, if you do, you can always skim it off with a spoon or buy a strainer at the dollar tree for 99 cents. We juice all sorts of things, it can be rather fun. Look to the Odwalla and Naked juice companies for some interesting and tasty combos. They both have websites. We drink it straight, freeze it into cubes to add to iced tea or lemonade instead of sugar. even bag and save the discarded parts from things like carrots and broccoli to use in soups. The carrot shreddings go great in baked goods too and it cuts down on waste.
BattleshipBettie is offline   Reply With Quote