Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-04-2011, 06:55 PM   #1  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Default Urgh... my dress doesn't fit... but why... well... it's because...

... my boobs are too big.

The waist fits fine. Fits great. BUT... because apparently my breasts are bigger than I thought they were... yeah. Not happenening anytime real soon.

I'm not even sure how I'm gonna wear this dress... I bought it because all of the reviews SPECIFICALLY said that it was shaped to fit women who were well endowed. So... I bought it... because I am.

Nope... no cigar. Too small. I mean... only by an inch or two (which I think I could possibly lose by April 5th if I keep running and keep at it)... but even still.

My breasts are a size 40D. I never thought they were big. I mean... they fit my body. They keep me at an hourglass shape. However... now I think I realize why most of the dresses at the stores didn't fit... because my girls are huge compared to most people!

*sigh*

I dunno... just a small vent. I mean... the dress fits PERFECTLY everwhere else... even makes my rear look good! Makes me look slim and pretty... and then there's the boobage... yeah. Not fitting.

So... one more thing that's hard to fit into clothes. Not only are my legs long and I need the more expensive pants in order to have them not look into capris... but my girls don't fit either!

I know how I could "fix" the situation with the breasts... but that would mean having more cleavage than my mom would want... I mean... there's always the option of a cami... but that would ruin the look. *sigh*

I can't win. I have what all the girls want (hourglass figure, big breasts, long legs)... but... in short... you don't want it!! It's not worth it!!
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #2  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

If the dress is not strapless, they make breast minimizer bras.. They work and should take you down at least an inch or two. They come in handy too as they tend to be full support so the girls do
Not move whatsoever.. So they could be helpful when exercising.
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

I was going to post the same thing A different bra will make all of the difference in the world - take the dress with you when you go bra shopping too
Tea Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:42 PM   #4  

Thanks guys... I love this dress... I really do. It's not strapless... this is the dress: http://www.modcloth.com/ModCloth%2FW...rfection-Dress

What kind of stores sell a breast minimizer bra? And about how expensive are they? I just don't have the money to spend a ton of money on bra for a dress I'm only going to wear a few times... (but if I have to... I will... *sigh*)
Old 03-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 252\168

Height: 5'6

that dress is gorgeous xxxx
alkiepop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:55 PM   #6  

I know! I absolutely LOVE it... and I love the way it looks on me! If... that is... I could fully fit into it... >.< It makes my waist look so small... so awesome. It flows away from my body just right... it's just that stupid bustline that was SUPPOSED to be made for bigger girls!
Old 03-04-2011, 08:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: >138/124/114

Height: 5'4"

That is a beautiful dress. I recommend getting a minimizer; Macy's has many in your size for less than $40-cheap for a good and large bra (says the 32F that last bought one for $55). Minimezers are incredibly useful for buttoned shirts: anything too small in the bust. The bra flattens out the breast, so it fits into the darts in the dress/shirt.
EDIT: Nordstrom, any large department store should have them. I would bring the dress in with me and try it on with the bras to ensure a good fit.

Last edited by Esenin; 03-04-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Esenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #8  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

See, I don't like how minimizers make the breasts look. Exactly, the flatthen them out, pushing them to the side. There is a reason why there are push-up bras - breasts are more attractive when higher and closer together.

So, I would MAYBE wear it for things I couldn't wear otherwise, but I wouldn't wear it normally. My husband hated them too - hated how it made the girls look when I was clothed.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:36 PM   #9  

Height: 5'3"

I love(d) minimizers.
My boobs are shrinking, though, so I hope I'll never need one again!
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 02:29 AM   #10  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Oh, I can empathize! No matter what size I've been, whenever I had to buy a dress, it would always zip up to mid-back and then--BAM--the Great Wall of Boobage made its presence known! I've been everything from a 32DD to a 38DDD that I kind of overflowed, so I've never really been able to fit well into any top that wasn't a knit or specially made for big "twins."

Try a minimizer bra. Some are better than others. There are the ones that just mash everything flat and leave you with two fluffy pancakes on your chest, but there are others that are a little more...directional, shall we say, in how they shape you.

Exactly how does the dress not fit? Do your cups runneth over from the top, is it at the sides that it constricts you, or is it just general too-smallness throughout the cup area? Let that determine what kind of bra you get.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:21 AM   #11  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Make sure your bra is the proper size, a 40D is not an unusually large size, so the height of your bust and shape could be making the difference. If they are not bulging out ofyour bra, witting halfway between your elbow and shoulder (nipple line) and the bridge (space between the cups) is flat against your chest, it is the right size. If ANY of these is amiss, the size, cut or BOTH is off. Get a good fitting at a store like Intimacy, if you can, it will make all the difference in the world under clothes.

Might I also humbly recommend this site?
http://venusianglow.blogspot.com/p/bra-matrix.html

I am a 38J and yet fit in most tops without issues. And yet when I wore a 42D (entirely the wrong size) I fit more poorly than when I wore larger cups, due to distribution and shape. It is absolutely someone to investigate

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 03-05-2011 at 04:23 AM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:01 AM   #12  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Arctic Mama--

Thank you for that site! I suspect I'm overdue for a refitting after reading that and after losing some of my much-hated back fat.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:18 AM   #13  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

Go to a bra shop--somewhere that specializes in bras--and they will help you. They have nice professional ladies who know every bra they carry, and when you go in and say "I need to make my boobs look good in this dress", they will know what they have and will take the time to help you find it. All you will have to do is stand in the dressing room while they fetch you things to try on. The one in my town even will put darts in for free (stitch up the side) to make them fit better.

I got a GREAT bra at my local specialty shop for $32, and I love it, love it, love it. My boobs look a thousand times better (though now they are overfilling because I am pregnant, but such is life). A good minimizer bra will be something you wear often.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:55 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

That dress is BEAUTIFUL! I hope you find something that works for you.

Let me reframe this a little - At my biggest, I was at BEST a solid B. Guess what? There ain't no bra-maker in the world apparently that believes there are big women with small tatas. So I have spent my life with my poor boobies hovering in a C cup that didn't nearly fit them.

2 weeks ago at JC Penneys, I found a bra that was size 40 B. I have never been so excited. I got one in white and one in beige. The bras are pretty plain, but for the first time ever, I am wearing the right size! I'd say I have a good 4 inches to lose before I can actually wear a pretty bra.

The only good news about being flat? I can go braless - which I almost always do on the weekends and they stay high and look good!
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:14 AM   #15  

Is there enough fabric in the side seams to have a seamstress let the top out .5 to .75 inch on each side? I have to alter most of my clothes so they fit. Not due to being chesty - I'm rather flat. My waist is way smaller than my hips, so nothing I buy fits at the waist.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote