Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 08:17 AM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Post Thursday Thread

Starting thread...will write more later.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:10 AM   #2  

Hi everyone-I am here, nausea and all! And again, I say, this is a great way to diet

For whoever asked yesterday if we are going to find out the sex...I don't think so-there are so few surprises left in this life! It will be hard for me though b/c i may see inadvertently when we have the U/S!

Jen-L-I am jealous of you-I am trying to look at the weight loss as a bright side! (And of course, the baby!!!)

Lori-Glad you did well yesterday-a very very close friend of mine struggles with anorexia-we have actually had many conversations about the similarities between my overeating and crappy body image, and her undereating and crappy body image-I think all eating disorders are on a continuum...the important thing is to take things one day at a time...and that's the hard part...

Ali-I agree that not getting important messages is really frustrating-does he do this a lot?

As for the mattress discussion-I agree with KT-the best purchase DH and I ever made was our King sized pillow top mattress...every night when we go to bed we both sigh and say how much we love our bed! You spend the majority of your life in bed, right? So it should be comfy....ours was only $900 and we payed it over time(they gave us interest free for so many months, so it cost nothing extra to pay it like that!)

Rina-My job is very weather related too...although I swear there are days when the weather is yucky and everyone shows up for their appointments anyway!

more later-loriD
Old 12-12-2002, 09:31 AM   #3  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Morning all,

Lori...Good choice to not find out the sex. I have done both and I have to tell you not knowing is so exciting in the end. If we were to ever have more kids (which we won't be) we would NOT find out.

Went to weigh in last night...down another 2.6 pounds. TOM is next week though so could be back up. 3 Christmas dinners this weekend. Plan Plan Plan I'll be banking points and taking veggie trays to each event.

Sick today Staying home from work tonight which is nice because I will actually be able to watch Survivor "live" not taped. Hope all is well with everyone, will check back later.

Have a great OP day!

Angie
Old 12-12-2002, 09:56 AM   #4  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all.. nothing new to report so I will just say HI!

Lori, we didn't find out either. We didn't with Emma either. I was sure it was a boy and when she was born it was a nice suprise. We had names picked out for either just in case. This time we are having a hard time finalizing a girl name, but still have the boy's name from last time. I just can't beleive I am pretty much half done with this PG already!

Oh Emma did get her haircut last night. She thought she was hot stuff. We both went and my hairstylist fit her in (always pays to check in advance). Her Christmas performance for daycare is tomorrow, so she is all set now and can even see out of her bangs!!!

And her new bed rail came in the mail already so we are going to have to set her bed up. We were hoping it would take longer than 2 days and it would get her closer to christmas. Oh well, early present for her. She knows it is hers, smart kid. She keeps asking if we can open it.

That's it for now!
Old 12-12-2002, 10:05 AM   #5  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Hi everyone! Things are still crazy but getting better! One class down, 1 to go and 2 finals left. I've registered for Spring semester too. I'm psycho - I don't know HOW I'm going to do it next semester but I have a feeling that being at home will make it easier.

I've got to get our tree up today, and numerous other chores, so I took the day off. We'll decorate tomorrow night. It's a shame it seems like Thanksgiving was just here, and there's no time in between to enjoy getting ready for the holidays.

Things at home are going ok. I don't think Jeff realizes that I'm moving out. I guess it's because I haven't really started to do anything. I've just had no time with school and the 2 jobs. After next week I plan on packing stuff up and helping my mom at her house to get ready for us. I'm off from my full time job from 12/24 - 1/2 and plan on doing a lot then.

LoriD - sorry about the naseau. I fortunately didn't have any w/ my pregnancy, but I couldn't imagine going through the 1st trimester with it. My girlfriend just entered her 2nd tri and she's feeling 100% better. I think it's great not knowing what sex the baby is - keep it a surprise. A healthy baby is a blessing!

Jen - How is Emma doing? Is she excited about Christmas? How are you feeling (other than tired)? My friend was so happy when she entered her 2nd trimester! She's going to be on TLC A Baby Story too!!! I'm so excited for her! I'll have to let you all know when the show airs.

Lori - thanks for sharing something so private about you. I've thought of going to counseling myself for my issues, but have not gotten to that step. Maybe after I move back to my folks I'll find a therapist. The scary thing for me is finding someone I can feel comfortable with.

Hello to everyone I missed from yesterday post! I read through it quickly.

Jess - don't let that guy get you down! He doesn't know what he's missing out on. And don't you forget it too.

I'm gonna get some work done around this dump.

I'll check back in later!
Old 12-12-2002, 10:44 AM   #6  

Angie-Congrats on making your Christmas goal 2 weeks early! You go, girl!!!
Old 12-12-2002, 11:27 AM   #7  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Oh guys! I've missed you more than I can say!

I hope no one is mad I had to “go away” for a while. Work laid off about 1500 employees last month, and I wanted to stay of the net as much as possible until everything was over.

I have been doing okay. I have only lost 7 pounds in the past 4 months…. But I am okay with that. I have gained muscle I’m sure. I’ve been going to the gym and swimming…. But for some reason NOTHING was working… the weight just wasn’t coming off. I was getting frustrated, so last week I journaled and that did the trick! I lost 1.5 this week… so that’s good!

Brian and I are still dating… wow, and I thought I wasn’t interested. I’m so glad I gave things a chance… he’s pretty wonderful.

I do need help though… these past 3 weeks I’ve been thinking about food more than ever. I crave buffalo fingers, pizza, CAKE (which is odd, I have never craved cake)… I’ve been trying low-point versions… but it’s still ALL I think about. I don’t know why. I’m having the hardest time staying under my max… I’m always hungry lately…. UGH!

LoriD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations girl! Oh! I’m so happy for you! How have you been? Can you believe this awful weather… ugh!

Angie! Hiya sweetie. 2.6! You Rock Star... PLEASE tell me how you're doing it... I'm in a rutt!

Deb - HI! Good luck with finals. And I hope things at home go alright... I've missed a lot, but I'm sure you know what's good for you.

Hi Jen! I hope you're having good holidays! Don't they just grown up (and get smarter) so fast.

Hi Lori - I don't think we've met. I used to post, but things were getting scary at work. Thanks for sharing everything... where in RI do you live? I'm in Boston. Although, actually tonight I'll be in Providence for my boyfriends office holiday dinner. We're going to Alforno in Providence.

Okay... well hopefully you all remember me. I've missed you and can hopefully stay online again!

Lisa
Old 12-12-2002, 11:52 AM   #8  

LoriD...THANK YOU! I am totally psyched! Now my next goal is to get into my "skinny pants" beyond that I want to make them loose......slowly by surly.

Lisa...Glad to hear you were not one of the ones chosen to be laid off. I am been journalling everything. BUT I can't take full credit for my losses the last couple of weeks as I have been sick a lot and vomitting daily. I also have not been getting my minimum in lately. So, even though my weight is going down, I am sure it wouldn't be going down so quickly if I were not so sick. KUDOS to you for sticking with it even when not seeing a loss.....but CONGRATS on your weigh in 1.5 pounds! Look's like you have broken thru the plateau! As far as all the cravings.....maybe you should eat the wings and cake....(on program of course) it might just kill the cravings.....just an idea.

Hi Little D....don't think we have met before.

Jen....Your little Emma sounds so cute. Our Emma went into a bed a couple months ago. She'll do great!

Be back later!
Old 12-12-2002, 11:59 AM   #9  
Running Babe

Hey all,

I feel like poop and almost passed out at work this morning in from of my director's office. So he kept me talking for half an hour and then they sent me home... I have been resting, but I have an exam in two hours...ARGH!!! I know I am not well, but what am I suppose to do?

Lisa: Hi and welcome back!!! I know what you mean about giving guys a chance now, it's a good thing

Hello to everyone else!

Take Care!

Ali
Old 12-12-2002, 12:09 PM   #10  

Ali...That sucks that you don't feel well. We can be sickies together. Hopefully you will feel better after your rest. Good luck on your exam!
Old 12-12-2002, 12:12 PM   #11  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Feel better Ali! Good luck on your exam.

Hi Angie. No I don't think we've met. I've posted on this thread since the summer (i think). Way to go on meeting your Holiday goal.

I'm 1/2 way through this dump. Time to get the tree up and then ... oh no! I forgot the tree stand! DOH! Maybe it's in the tree box ... oh I hope.

Well, after that I'm moving into the bedroom area to get my desk organized.

Hi LISA!!! We've missed you. We wouldn't want you to get laid off - so you're excused!

See you guys in a bit!
Old 12-12-2002, 12:31 PM   #12  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone. I am in pain this morning. Slipped in the mud and wrenched my back last night. I need an appointment with Rina - too bad you're so far away! Work has picked up a bit so I'll quickly respond to everyone
Hi Lori!
Dr Lori - I was sleeping on just my matress on the floor when I first moved into my new place and then I bought a box spring - it made it soo much better
Angie - way to go! you are doing great!!
Jen - My 2 1/2 year old niece refused to go to a big girl bed, she LOVES her crib (and climbs in and out of it constantly.)
Deb - I'm sure it will become real when you pack up your stuff. Just a tip - get help. Many hands will make it go quickly with less time for reminiscing.
Lisa - Welcome back! Don't worry about those evil cravings, bank some points for them and indulge.
Ali - hope your exam went well.

OK - now to work - I'll check back
KT
Old 12-12-2002, 12:41 PM   #13  

Lisa-Welcome back, girl! So glad things are going well with Brian! And congrats on breaking the plateau...have you told Brian about WW?
Lori
Old 12-12-2002, 01:41 PM   #14  

So, what does everyone want for Christmas this year?

At the top of my list is the GF lean mean grilling machine. WHich I am positive my dh is going to get me for Christmas....He ordered it online and I accidently found part of the bill in the printer. I am so happy! I can't wait to start using it.

Other then that I really can't think of anything.....so, what is on everyone elses list?

Old 12-12-2002, 02:03 PM   #15  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Angie - gosh, I'm sorry to hear you weren't well. I hope you're feeling better. I know... I should bank for them... its just so hard to bank during the holidays... but that's a good idea... I'll give it a whirl.

Ali - I hope you are okay! Good to see you (read you?) again. Feel better and good luck with studies!

KT!!! Hey you! Man, I hope your back feels better soon... everyone's sick and in pain!

LoriD! Hello!!!!

Yes, I told Brian about WW. He's so great... as soon as I told him we ate in more... we still go out to dinner, but one time we went to this place called Lucy's in Brookline that cooks without ANY butter or oil. It was yum, but WAY EXPENSIVE. But he's been great. In fact, he's starting to learn about points and asks "how many points is this." before he eats it. He's thinking about joining WW too, which would be awedome. He is about 30-40 pounds over weight and wants to shapen up. I like him the way he is... but it would be fun to do WW together.

So ladies... I have a question about goal. I am 4' 10 1/2" tall.... small build, but with muscle... I have to come up with a goal weight. WW range is 95-119

Should I do 105, 110, 115??? I can't decide. My leader says 119 should do it... but I'd like some "padding"..... I'm thinking 110, 115. Are you all shooting for middle of the range, top, bottom (HA HA 95 pounds - yeah right!!!!)

Lisa
Closed Thread