Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 03-02-2011, 09:50 PM   #1  

Default Recommendations For Bra Brand

My weigh in this morning was successful: I've met my weight goal . . . 120.6 pounds lost since starting the Ideal Protein Diet on May 24, 2010. Now I need to seriously shop for a new bra. I have worn Playtex 18-Hour bras for years even though I haven't been entirely happy with them as they tend to "ride" up in the back for me, but I wasn't motivated enough to try something else. Would love some input on what works for you. Thanks.
Smarbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: ?/136/125

Height: 5'5"

Go to Nordstrom's if you have one and get fitted. My favorite is probably Wacoal. I bet you need a much smaller size around that you have and that's why it is riding up.
karenrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:24 PM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

If it rides up, it isn't the brand of the bra. It is you bra size. You are picking them out too big in the band.

Measure around your chest under the breasts and round up to nearest even number. This is your bra band size. DO NOT add extra inches like some old fitting things tell you to. This is a throwback to before the wonderful elastics we have today and that is probably why you are riding up the back now. It should fit snug at the LOOSEST setting of hooks so you can tighten it up as the bra ages and stretches out a bit.

http://www.wikihow.com/Measure-Your-Bra-Size

Measure around the bust at the largest place. Subtract from band size.
  • 0 inch difference is about A cup.
  • 1 inch is B
  • 2 is C
  • 3 is D
  • 4 is DD

(Look up the rest of cups inches here if you need to.)

I am a 42D. Right now I'm enjoying to relatively cheap Playtex "t-shirt" bras from Target for regular and the Champion Powersleek for working out. I few other nicer ones for dressing up like a Cacique plunge bra, but those others are the most used.

GL!
A.

Last edited by astrophe; 03-02-2011 at 10:34 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

I have a small cup and a large band size and finding a comfortable bra is hard. I just got a "Barely There" bra as a gift and I love it!
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:12 AM   #5  
War Eagle!

S/C/G: 194/165/140

Height: 5'2"

Congrats on making it to GOAL!!

I feel your pain. I have a small band size (34) and ridiculously huge boobs (G), so I have to order mine off of the internet. If you have a normal size, I would ask around for a specialty bra store. If you don't want to ask your friends, you can ask at a bridal shop. They usually know where to go. I used to go to a great little place, but they closed up. Not from lack of business, but from insurance woes (mastectomy patients and such). It was too much for the proprietor to handle anymore. I was so sad when they closed. They would measure and fit me just right, and they had all the sizes in stock. It's a shame.
theCandEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:18 AM   #6  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

PS... there's a lot of bra talk over here too.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...-cringe-2.html

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:00 AM   #7  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

One of my favorites is the Bali No poke underwire bra. These are the only underwire bras that have been comfortable for me. I have a large chest and I break inferior bras.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 216.5/190.3/150-ish?

Height: 5'7"

I refuse to wear anything but Victorias secret, the very sexy push up. The only bra I have ever been happy with for years! Totally worth the money but I have to save up or ask for gift cards on my bday to help lol. But definitely get fitted, my boobs absolutely change with my weight!
boxen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:17 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/167/140

Height: 5'2"

If you do not have a Nordstroms around, see if there is a Lady Grace. Both stores fit you to bras. I like Bali and Warner, the styles with extra lift and support. You look so much better in all your clothes with the right bra.
MonicaM is offline   Reply With Quote