Old 03-01-2011, 02:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

Default March Thread

Its March...so we need a March thread. :-)
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/133

Height: 5'3"

Weighed in today and am so excited I am only 14lbs away from goal. I haven't worked out in a week now because of Jayen's seizures. His seizures are the reason I got to the weight I did. I really hope I can get through this! I was wondering if anyone had any great ideas for how to get rid of the belly fat. I am having the hardest time with this. I do (did) sit-ups everyday and haven't seen any improvement.
struggling Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:08 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

I don't have any special tricks for the abs, but I wanted to say congrats on being so close to your goal weight. It's an inspiration to me whose one week into this journey (again). I love looking at everyone's tickers. For me, that's a great deal of motivation to keep going.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:47 PM   #4  

Struggling Nicole..
Congratulations on the loss and you are getting real close to goal.
I was told by Center that Corti Trim is great for belly fat.

I weighed in today and gained .7 pounds, that makes me almost 2 pounds from goal. No reason for the gain, so hopefully will do better on Friday.

Congratulations to all the losers.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 279/256.5/150

Height: 5' 6"

Default First Weigh in

I started preconditioning last Thursday and went in today for my first WI. I lost 7.5 lbs Yeah! I go Friday for my meal training and can't wait.
momoffour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 196/180/140

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by struggling Nicole View Post
Weighed in today and am so excited I am only 14lbs away from goal. I haven't worked out in a week now because of Jayen's seizures. His seizures are the reason I got to the weight I did. I really hope I can get through this! I was wondering if anyone had any great ideas for how to get rid of the belly fat. I am having the hardest time with this. I do (did) sit-ups everyday and haven't seen any improvement.
You are so close to goal! How exciting. I unfortunately do not have any tips for the abs, but would love to hear what kinds of tips someone can give us (I carry most of my weight in the middle).
karla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by struggling Nicole View Post
My belly fat was one of the last things to disappear. I was beginning to lose hope! The closer I got to goal, the more quickly those "womanly fat deposits" - abdomen, thighs, boobs - started shrinking. Unfortunately, my boobs took most of the hit! It DOES go away though. There are numerous studies that you cannot target/spot reduce. It's all about overall weight loss. Abdominal exercise tightens and strengthens the muscle that is there, it does NOT reduce fat.

That said, in the last couple of months of loss, I went hard-core on abdominal work (pun intended). I really wanted there to be a strong/flat stomach under the fat. So, situps, planks, pushups, v-ups, tons of functional/balance training, side sit-ups, p90x, etc etc etc. My abs are so strong now that I can do a v-up holding a 35lb plate. But, you couldn't see them until I lost the layer of fat...which is all food.

So, good news/bad news!

Let me know if you want ab exercises - I am in <3 with them.
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:38 AM   #8  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies.. I'm back on board. I've been totally out of control. I found my weigh in sheets from 2 years ago and I have gained 30 lbs since March 2, 2009. Very discouraging, but I know I'm ready to get back on track. I have been horrible about sticking to ANYTHING, and I've tried it all. I did WW for a week, Atkins for 2 weeks, HCG 3 times over a few months..I just didn't stick to anything. I'm back to MRC b/c it's was REALLY worked for me back in 2008. I went from 172 lbs to 124 with the MRC plan and working out. I have been doing the couch to 5K program and am on the last run of week 5, which was a 20 minute run. I completed it this morning and am super excited. I just need to get more exercise in and get the eating plan on track.

Keep up the great work and try not to get discouraged. This isn't easy, but it's SO worth it. I kept my weight off for 2 years and then had so many stressful things going on, I just quit. I want to be thin and healthy again. Take care!
Rocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 205/160/155

Height: 5' 7.5"

Congrats to Struggling Nicole and Patzi! You two are sooooo close to goal! Well done!

My weight's been holding steady for 2 weeks now, so I'm trying to figure out what's going on. I know it's just about my TOM, but I don't know if TWO WEEKS of roughly the same weight can be attributed to that. Whatever the case, I'm hoping to start losing again very quickly. The ladies at the center keep telling me they want to keep an eye on my progress, but the longer they "keep an eye on it" and do nothing, the further I get from achieving my goal on time Not too fond of that. Fingers crossed for a good loss when I weigh in on Friday, but it's not looking good for the home team.
AshleyRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:20 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/190/155

Rocki~
Welcome back! I remember you from the last time I did MRC and was on these boards. Unfortunately, I too gained back much of the weight, and am struggling to get rid of it AGAIN. Hope that this time really is the LAST time! Good luck!
momma2four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:28 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

Well, I weighed in at home this morning and am 1 pound down from my scale than when I left Friday. I did eat some junkish food yesterday. I got ravenously hungry (finally..hadn't been hungry since I got sick Sunday) while I was at Walmart picking up my medicine and I got fast food. Just ate some Zaxby's chicken strips....so I was expecting a small gain from extra carbs and salt...but nothing yet.

I will weigh in at the center tomorrow morning. Hopefully, I'll be up for my Zumba workout tomorrow as well.
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:19 PM   #12  

I'm so excited! I just weighed in and at the end of my first week back OP, I've lost 6.5 pounds!!!!!! Now to figure out how not to lose that enthusiasm of the first week and keep it going. Taking it a week at a time, a day at a time.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:40 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 218/see ticker/150

Happy March everyone!

I weighed in today, and was only down .5 pounds, but that is alright, because I signed the 20 pound board today, which made it all better. It it TTOM for me, so I am not suprised for the small loss. I will weigh again Saturday and am sure to see a bigger loss for the week.
evinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 205/160/155

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evinsmom View Post
Happy March everyone!

I weighed in today, and was only down .5 pounds, but that is alright, because I signed the 20 pound board today, which made it all better. It it TTOM for me, so I am not suprised for the small loss. I will weigh again Saturday and am sure to see a bigger loss for the week.
Woohoo!!! Well done! Bet you feel fantastic!
AshleyRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:27 PM   #15  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Did you have another name when you were on before? This board says you just joined February 2011?? Let's do it right this time. I didn't sign back up @ the center (just can't keep spending money there), but I have all my paperwork and the hubby and kids to keep me accountable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2four View Post
Rocki~
Welcome back! I remember you from the last time I did MRC and was on these boards. Unfortunately, I too gained back much of the weight, and am struggling to get rid of it AGAIN. Hope that this time really is the LAST time! Good luck!
Way to go Jen! That is SOOOOO awesome. If I lose 6.5 lbs in my first week I'll be super excited too! It is very hard to keep it going, but be creative, ask for help and lots of mental, self-talk..that's what helped me the most. Don't be afraid to talk to the counselors and ask for guidance and try new recipes if you're bored! Keep it up! You're doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
I'm so excited! I just weighed in and at the end of my first week back OP, I've lost 6.5 pounds!!!!!! Now to figure out how not to lose that enthusiasm of the first week and keep it going. Taking it a week at a time, a day at a time.
Rocki is offline   Reply With Quote