Old 03-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #1  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Default Accountability, menu, exercise, plans, stuff--Month of March 2011

Here is a place where you can put down your daily plans and intentions, menu, exercises, have accountability and more!

Come on in, we are a friendly bunch! (Seriously, feel free to join in!)
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:59 PM   #2  
mj5

Hi everyone!

I went ahead and started a new thread. I basically copied Beverlyjoy's beginning of last month (hope you don't mind!)

jab--Hope your head feels better today! I will post the links to the recipes I used when I get home.

lottie--I don't cook separate meals. The past couple weeks, I have been trying to plan our meals better (less trips to the store that way! LOL!!!) But if hubby doesn't like what I am making, then he can make something for himself

Diane--I'm sure you were very much appreciated, but I know what you mean....Great job keeping up w/ exercise. It would be so easy to kinda let things slip.

There is no zumba on Thurs, for real this week....our instructor is on a cruise (lucky her!). A friend has asked me to go with her on Sunday and since I am missing Thurs, I am going to do it!

I am happy to report that I am down 1 lb this week.

I have my phone call w/ my wellness coach tonight. Then the gym. I will do cardio tonight.

Hope you are all having a great OP day.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #3  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

mj5: I totally agree. My bf loves my cooking. When I was vegetarian and he ate meat we never had more than a few pieces of meat in the house for when he felt like it, and he'd it it when we went out, then he stopped doing that,...and then he stopped buying it. He watched Earthlings and is now vegetarian and weaning off dairy it seems. He says it's not worth the calories since he likes too much of it!

haha, I totally believe in 'leading with your fork' and not with your words.

congrats on the lb! I have a doc appt on thursday and I want to be 247 (one lb down) by then cuz last time I was there that will put me at exactly a -40 lb loss since seeing them last.

Last edited by lottie63; 03-01-2011 at 05:06 PM.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:09 PM   #4  
unabashed

Oh! I totally forgot, I had an awesome active day! I walked almost 3 miles, a bit about it and other NSV's on my blog today. (link below) Gonna do some resistance cord exercises later.

It was really nice.

Next week after we get our groceries this weekend bf and I are going to be doing another week of eating 75% raw. I really like to do that every so often I feel like it's very cleansing. I eat fruit and nuts for breakfast, one cooked meal, which is generlly tofu or tvp or beans, (something with protein) and I have a salad or a raw veggie medly type thing for my third meal.

I will have raw veggies, fruits and seeds/nuts for snacks. Last time I did that I Think I dropped 3-4 lbs in a week. Ha. I couldn't 'go raw' but I try so hard to eat as much raw as I can even on regular days just because I feel it's very healthy.

Last edited by lottie63; 03-01-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:15 PM   #5  
mj5

lottie---AWESOME day!!!

jab--Here are the links:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/r...ipe/index.html

http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/beef-broccoli-2/

http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/ma...esame-chicken/

enjoy! I almost forgot...in the lo mein recipe, I just used low sodium soy sauce because that's what I had.

Last edited by mj5; 03-01-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks... MJ... so glad you got us started!

I am in a struggling/don't care/but, I do care phase right now. All I can do is keep trying and planning. I am really tired of watching out for: salt, soft food, not too spicy, healthy etc. I need to stop complaining to my self about all these things and move forward. Sometimes I get weary of the food stuff being forever - I will never eat like a 'normal' person with no food issues. It is what it is - time to get out my journal and start planning for a healthy day. I must use all the tools I have to get through a good day.

I won't run away friends. I always post in the gratitudes thread. It's an anchor that keeps me here at 3fc.

MJ - thanks for the recipes! Kudos for all your credits... cardio/calling coach/ and even down a pound. I am thrilled for your awesome accomplishment. Go girl.

Lottie - great job on your 3 mile walk!

Have a great day.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:20 AM   #7  
mj5

Good Morning!

Beverlyjoy--First a BIG for you!!!! Second, you are eating normal for you. Everyone's normal is different. Don't be too hard on yourself. You can do it!!! One thing my wellness coach said to me a few weeks ago when I was talking about how I was still fighting those negative voices in my head about getting to the gym, was to try to "fight" each thought with a POSTIVE reason why I am doing this. (I was just trying to ignore them...which sometimes worked, sometimes didn't). I have to say, focusing on WHY I want to make a good food choice, or WHY it's good for me to work out definitely helps on those not so motivated moments. The daily plate has some great recipes. I like that they list the nutritional info, makes it much easier!

I am going to the gym right after work: arms/shoulders weights and cardio. Healthy veggie pizza for dinner! YUM!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 09:13 AM   #8  
unabashed

beverleyjoy -- hugs, you'll be okay, you just have to fight. "Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting."

I'm kind of excited, today I'm wearing this shirt to work that I pulled out of my vacuum packed 'someday these clothes will fit' bag from under the bed.

OMG IS THAT A WAIST!?

Last edited by lottie63; 03-02-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:46 AM   #9  
unabashed

Well, I have a gyne appt in a bit here. I normally dread it but I NEED new bc. whatever I'm taking now, is not working out. I've been on it a long time but my periods are really irregular. I keep getting it about a week or two after it goes away which is killing me since it makes my fibro flare. bllllaaahhhhh. Also, putting quite the cramp on my sex life.

I'm going to ask about seasonique. Can. Not. Wait.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:48 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Morning all...

Yesterday's foods were good, total cal... 1274

coffee w/sweetener
triscuits
prunes
water

planters nutrition bar
water

baggie snack mix (sp.k crackers, dried cranberries, veggie chips, sunflower seeds)
banana
water

sp. squash
drizzle of olive oil
soft poached eggs
water

Lottie ~ Great pic!!

Beverlyjoy~ I hope you feel better and I have to agree with Mj, normal is a personal state of mind and unique to each of us. It's so much easier to be you versus trying to be someone else.

mj5~ thank you so much for the links!! sounds sooooo good!!

Today is my dr. appt. I am praying I have enough cash for the appt.... the office doesn't take credit cards and I have no health ins. I'm a little worried I'm going to be depressed after the visit because I know first there will be the lecture about not taking care of myself and second it means I have to acknowledge my health is getting progressively worse. I am only able get along by not thinking about it, this makes me think about it and all the things I can no longer do. H#ll I'm already feeling the pity party coming on...
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:49 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I have decided that it's I am making it a little too complicated for myself. I've been needing to concentrate on sodium, soft food, healthy, and not too spicy. My doctor told me to watch my salt - she didn't actually give me a number to aim for. I found that number on the interneet - 1500 mg if you have high blood pressure. My blood pressure is borderline: 130/83. Normally, a person should not eat more than 2300 mgs salt a day. I've decided to aim for about 2000 mgs a salt a day. I think it will be easier to live with for now.

I got on the scale today and it was the same. I am grateful. I have not been using the beck techniques that I know will help me. Today - I woke up with the willingness to do so.

Last week my sister had back surgery - five fusions and 10 steel rods. I was with her last year at this time when she had her first back surgery. She is having complications - many. I have been very worried about her. I may need to go help her again. Will I ever fix my ankle/foot? I need to decide. Please send prayers or positive thoughts to my sister. She is faced with a long, long recooperation.

For today - I plan to journal, read my cards, plan/measure/log my food, lots of water and exercise.

food:
breakfast - cheese toast, 1/2 banana
snack - veggie/fruit smoothie
lunch - veggie omlette with parm cheese, pnb toast, green beans
snack - smoothie
dinner - chicken/pasta/red peppers
snack - rice cake with pnb/honey
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:54 AM   #12  
mj5

Good Morning! It is freezing cold here, but the sun is shining which is always a good thing!

lottie--Isn't that an amazing feeling!!! You are doing fantastic!!!! I hope to be able to "shop my closet" soon! Good luck at your appt.

jab--Deep breaths friend. Focus on the positive things you are doing for yourself (including going to this appt). Let us know how it goes. We are all here for you!

Beverlyjoy--Good for you for focusing. ++++ Thoughts to your sister. Yes, you will fix your foot. You will know when the time is right.

Diane--Thinking about you and your first day of work today!

No zumba tonight and I am super sad! Oh well, I am going on Sunday to make up for it! LOL!!!

Last edited by mj5; 03-03-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

My doctor looked at me and point blank said you've aged 20 yrs since I saw you last (27 mos ago) . It really really depressed me. I'm not a vain woman but hearing that out loud shook me.

I got a big shot full of steroids. A handful of (TEN) different prescriptions to fill when I can afford, a talk on why she is worried about me, a chat about losing weight and how I really need to exercise. And she wants me to have an echo-cardiogram...I snorted and said "not happening" which earned me another talk. Well no insurance = that isn't happening.

She told me to drop my magnesium oxide and replace it with magnesium malate and to continually increase the dosage per instruction until diarrhea sets in I think I am going to have to order the mag malate online.

My daughter called and needs $400 to get her car fixed again. Mom = AtM

Beverlyjoy~ prayers and ++++ thoughts for you and yours!!

mj5~ thank you
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #14  
unabashed

jab, sorry to hear. I'm not familiar with your medical issues, but trust me I know how that goes.

I hope things get better soon.

Tell your daughter to get a job. Or is that just my mom?

I saw my doc today, got new bc, hoping that it works out good for my pain and my stupid TOM coming every other week. blaaahhhhh.

Everything else checked out good. I made appts today for PT/water therapy today as well. Next thursday for both. I'm kind of excited. ha.

I'm eating more protein plus I got a protein shake, with light soy milk it's under 200 cals and 31 grams of protein! wow! Excitement!

Drinking more water too.

My exercise was making me sick. I hope that doing this stuff helps. Had a carby/proteiny lunch and gonna exercise an hour and a half- 2 hours after, then gonna have my shake and hope for the best. Lots of water too!

I made tofu parm today, let me just say...fan freaking tastic

Last edited by lottie63; 03-03-2011 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:09 PM   #15  
mj5

jab--I am SO proud of you for going to that appointment. I am sure it was not easy, but you went. It sounds like your doctor really cares about you. Ugh...the car again! What a pain!

lottie--Awesome day!!! What protein shake are you using? I am using a powder and making my own shakes, but its higher in calories. Always willing to try something new!

I came home to a wonderful healthy meal tonight. It was very much appreciated, espcially after another super busy day. My hubby made us a turkey/spinach/mozz meatloaf w/ baked sweet potatoes. SO yummy!

http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/mo...ffed-meatloaf/

Here's the link...it was really good!