South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-28-2011, 05:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/209/143

Height: 5.5'

Talking Six pounds already gone!

Well, I've already lost six pounds and I'm at the beginning of week 2 (phase 1). It feels so good!

The only problem is ... I want all the 60 pounds gone NOW!! But that can't happen, right? (To tell you the truth, I often catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror, hoping they will have magically disappeared, but nope! They're still there.)

I've noticed that when I'm 216 pounds or more, I start having problems with my sleep. Even turning in bed seems such a difficult task. I have to use support to rise from bed and I get up feeling tired and sore. It's a feeling that sucks. It makes me feel so much older than 42. But losing even a few pounds improves that and I already sleep so much better. That's wonderful.

And talking of age, I often see women having a hard time accepting the fact that they become older. Well, I usually nod my head in agreement with their comments, but secretly I tell myself that I don't care because having been overweight since I was a child, I feel that I've always been old. So, what's the big deal?

Actually, I'm planning to become YOUNGER now. Actually, I'm planning to transform myself so that I will feel young now, at my 42 (or maybe 43... it seems it's gonna take a while.) yeap! This is my turn to be young! (You can see it in these "goal" pictures here. These women and men haven't just tossed away huge amounts of body fat, they have also gotten rid of many years from their age. They look so much younger!(and prettier and happier)

Cheers to all those who have succeeded and have become an inspiration to the rest of us!

Niki
NikiZapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:05 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

See - it works!

I love your attitude! It's true the weight will not fall off, but if you just see this as a way of eating for life, you will get there. We all cheat occasionally and for me, so much of doing this is about learning how to get back in the saddle after falling off, not just losing the weight to begin with. We all "know" how to do that. It's sticking with it that is hard.

Last edited by Mmckellen; 02-28-2011 at 06:06 AM.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:13 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I have been happily surprised by how much younger I feel without the weight and without those processed carbs. I didn't realize just how much my food choices were contributing to headaches, bad moods, lack of energy and general achiness. Obviously being a lot lighter and moving my body helps but I can see the difference if I go off plan much. The processed grains and sugar are just all around bad news for me.

Congratulations on your success!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Congratulations, Niki! Isn't it amazing what the difference of a loss of even a few pounds can make you feel?
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:46 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Great job, Niki! Keep it up!
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:40 AM   #6  

Thanks everybody for your support!

Cindy, actually you are one of the people I had in mind when talking about those who have achieved their goal. That picture of yours at the beach with the big long skirt, the loose top and the hair hiding your figure, that could have been me. I have a skirt like that, I like walking barefoot in the sand and I have a mental image of myself that reminds me of you in that picture. And then the after picture! It's as if this is your daughter's picture, not you. Amazing! Lovely!

Niki
Old 02-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #7  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

congratulations on the 6 lbs. you have a great attitude about it all!

I'm in my late 20's, but feel better now than I did as a teenager. I often get comments about how much energy I have -- at the gym and chasing after my two young boys. You'll be amazed by how much younger you feel and look!

See you around!
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 188.5/112/119

Height: 5'5"

Wow 6lbs is amazing is such a short time! I know what you mean about hoping it will just all drop off but time flies. I remember when I had lost 6lbs and I was like 'ARGHHH i have ages to go!' but actually, one day you'll look in the mirror and be like.. 'OMG!' because it all adds up and you'll suddenly notice it!
Good luck!
Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:55 PM   #9  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I totally agree with Fairy. My one year anniversary on my trek to health is coming up on March 10. I'll be down 90 lbs. by that time -- the first days when I was just starting, it seemed like an eternity, but looking back on it, a year isn't really that long considering i've been living an overweight life for the past 20 something years. You're going to surprise yourself at how quickly it adds up - just think, pound by pound, week by week...it will add up!
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:24 PM   #10  

What you say is all so encouraging! Thank you.

Zeffryn, I keep counting those carrots of yours every time I see one of your posts! Wow!!And it's so good for you that you've managed to shed the weight while still so young. I feel that the years I've spent overweight or obese are years when I didn't really live life to the full. So I don't want to go on making the same mistake. I don't want to be fifty one day or more and look back and see more years half lived. You're right, it does look like an eternity now, but, as you say, I'm going to make it pound by pound, one day at a time.

Fairy, I'm looking forward to the "OMG" moment in front of the mirror. (So far I've had plenty of "OMG" moments in front of the mirror, all for the wrong reasons though) I think the support in this forum is definitely going to help me get there.

Niki