Old 02-27-2011, 09:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Unhappy Quitting

Hi Everyone

I've had a HORRIBLE weekend, didn't track at all and quitting altogether actually crossed my mind today. I wanted to keep eating things that were terrible and it bothers me that I didn't care. Wednesday I made poor choices at mexican restaurant which led to a gain, last night we went out to eat again with my sons hockey team and not only did I order a salad, I also had a large plate of homemade chips topped with cheese, bacon, and sour cream. This morning after my sons hockey game we went out to breakfast and I had the buffet. I have no clue what's gotten into me lately but I feel like I'm starting to care less and less about losing weight. I wish I knew how to get rid of these thoughts and feelings. For the past 13 months I've been driven to reach my goal and not I'm becoming lazy.

Please help me, I really need some support
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:32 PM   #2  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Don't quit!!

I totally understand how easy it is to fall off track and then how hard it can be to get back on. I just had a hard few days too and today was the first day back on track.

Think of how far you've come. You've done an amazing job so far and just have a little further to go to reach your goal!!

Days/weekends like this will happen. Learn from it and move forward, smarter and stronger. A few bad days CANNOT undo all the work that you've done and all the progress you've made.

You WILL get back on track and you WILL hit that 100 lb mark very soon!!
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/200/150

The weekend is over. Tomorrow is another opportunity to start again. No biggie.
LastYearOver200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Don't beat yourself up. We all get stuck in a rut at one time or another. Maybe your mind and body needed a break? There is nothing wrong with taking a week off to regroup and get your ducks back in a row.
I don't think you are becoming lazy, just frustrated. You are an inspiration to so many people. Your trials just prove that we are all human and that weightloss is a battle.
Maybe it's time to ignore the 100 lb goal. I am not saying to quit! I am saying to think smaller. Think in terms of 1 or 2 lbs a week again and before you know it you will get there with less pressure.
Hang in there. We are here cheering you on every step of the way!!!
Keli10801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/172.8/145

Height: 5'2

well it looks like you are close to ur goal weight. Is it possible to change up one thing that you normally do for something equally as healthybut different? Be it a different exercise or eat some new things? I have lost and gained so many times. The closer I get to my goal the more I want to go back to my old behaviors. I get tired of my healithy stuff go back to the past and gain it all back feeling even worse than when I started losing weight in the first place.
DisgruntledOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/186.3/not sure yet

Height: 5' 5.5"

Don't quit! I have definitely felt that way before many times... All I know is that I never regret a day of healthy choices. I never regret going out and getting exercise. I never regret a time that I eat in moderation. I never regret a time when I take my health and weight into consideration. I can't say the same for the opposite at all!

Also, try not to feel overwhelmed about any gains or getting back on your diet. Is there anything that you have been doing well this weekend? If so try to keep that in mind. Try NOT to punish yourself for a couple of bad days. Also, try to focus on a few small changes that you can make today to get back on track. Have you had enough water? Can you plan a healthy meal for tomorrow? Do you want to make plans to exercise with a buddy soon?

Good luck!!
hope4balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:43 PM   #7  
Nine years to go!

S/C/G: 270/256/140

Height: 5'2

The fact that you came HERE means that you DO care and you aren't ready to quit. One weekend isn't going to undo all the hard work you've done. You can do this!
Ten Years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:44 PM   #8  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

Kim,

I am so sorry to hear you've been having trouble lately. Know that everyone gets stuck in a rut at some point (I was just in one for the past two weeks!). Don't feel bad about it or about yourself, it happens. I know that when I go off my plan, it feels harder and harder to get back on track. Know though, that you can do it!

You have lost so much so far and inspired soooooooooooooooooo many people. You can do this!!!!

For me, I know muscling my way through just one day (and oh boy it was soooooo hard), helped me get back on plan.

You can do it!!!!

XOXO,
Rebecca
skinnycow126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:59 PM   #9  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I didn't eat the best or track Thurs, Fri or yesterday.

Thurs., mid morning, my son called and said he and wife were headed to hospital for 1st baby! I couldn't leave work until about 2pm. Drive 80 miles. Then waiting, then c-section. Everyone is fine.

Stayed the night, 3 meals eaten out Friday. But since no one else took the day off, I got to hog the baby!

Drove home, had a couple beers with hubby. Worked on Sat.,

Finally sat down today and tracked all the food. Turns out it wasn't that bad. Even with the couple of beers. I'm a bit over, but not worried about it.
Got my plan in place for the new week, and did fine today.

We're not perfect, and sometimes life happens. Climb back in the saddle and you'll be fine.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:16 PM   #10  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

It's okay- time to get back on the band wagon girl! Don't ruin your success, brush this off and move forward. It happens to us all so don't beat yourself up too bad- a few days of clean eating and you'll be fine again
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

oh my goodness DO NOT quit girl. Since i started on these forums... your posts have inspired me to be doing this. I had always thought... god i have to lose 100 lbs?! how in the **** will i ever accomplish that. I may as well not bother, because its never going to be possible... now i am bothering, and its people like you who are an inspiration to me, to push to do this, because it is possible, and i CAN do it.

I had a bad week last week. Dont be so hard on yourself! you are human. The best advice i got was... when you have a bad week, its OK. Just start back again the next day, from day 1 ... right from the beginning again.

Do you have someone you know who is doing the weight watchers with you? cause i have a friend who i go with every week and we text each other to keep each other motivated each day. Do you have someone like that who can be a motivator for you? (other than these forums of course)... it really helps!

But please dont quit. If you quit, im quitting too :P
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:14 PM   #12  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

We have all had those days/weeks/and even months when we jumped ship and went hog wild. My last binge lasted 6 months and now 30 heavier I am back on track and you can be too. What I found helped me was to get inspired by trying new recipes out, new flavor cominations.

So put this ugly behind you and look forward to some new stuff....think the happy dance
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:49 PM   #13  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Oh, Kim! Please don't quit. As one poster stated, you came here so you do care enough not to quit! Like you said, you had a horrible weekend and tomorrow is a new day! Get back on track- easier said than done but you totally can do it! If you are feeling burned out then take a break from tracking for a week or so but don't quit altogether.

1lb at a time, hunny. You have come too far to stop now. we're here for you!!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:22 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

You had a rough weekend, so did I but I won't quit if you don't!!! Please don't quit lol

You are such an inspiration to so many including myself. The road has been long for you, yes, but its taken some fierce determination to go the distance, you do not have it in you to quit!

I have been dead on plan since September and this weekend threw me right off. I think its my frustation at this month and the scale barely moving. My hubby bought nacho chips and I dove into them head first. Stopped after a few handfuls and then was back at them a few hours later. He looked at me like I had two heads when I put them down the garbage disposal but I really just wasn't strong enough to walk away this weekend.

We can shake this off!! Monday is a new day, and a new week, lets make the best of it!!
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:23 AM   #15  
Less of a Better Me

As you get closer to goal weight it can become harder because the motivation can go down a bit since you are now at a weight that is reasonably healthy and you look good. You are at the point where losing weight becomes less necessary and more optional. I think it is important to give yourself permission to say that you are happy where you are and to choose to maintain. I'm not saying you have to do that but to realize that if you did you would have a huge success and wouldn't be a failure.

It is harder to lose weight the closer you get to goal. And sometimes you may need to simply maintain a few weeks to consolidate that losses you've had.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote