Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-25-2011, 05:55 AM   #1  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

Default muscles holding water thru light exercise?

i was wondering if anyone knows if this is possible, yesterday morning my weight was 240 this morning its 242, i know fluctuations are natural and to be expected, im just trying to understand my body better as im new to this. i did a lot of walking yesterday, about 2 hours, but my muscles dont hurt and i thought they only held water when they hurt?
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:43 AM   #2  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Weight bounces can come from changing your exercise, stepping up your exercise, eating sodium, eating more carbs than usual, drinking more water than usual, drinking less water than usual, your hormones, when you last pooped, and a host of other factors entirely beyond your control.

In short, they happen. My advice is to ignore them and take a longer term view. So you weigh more than yesterday - that's life. Do you weigh more than a month ago? That should be your measure of success.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Certainly is possible!

Check out our sticky on it! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...er-weight.html
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:42 AM   #4  
Amazing Revelations

thanks heather
i know fluctuations are normal im just trying to understand why, so i dont get disheartened by the scale and give up. i definatley dont normally walk for 2 hours in one day, its just yesterday was very busy.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:08 AM   #5  

You really should only weigh once a week.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

I don't think we can ever really know why we have a particular fluctuation, which is part of what makes it frustrating!

As for weighing daily vs weekly, I think it's a personal choice. Both have pros and cons. And weighing weekly doesn't completely eliminate the issue of chance variation.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:40 AM   #7  
Amazing Revelations

i do weigh myself daily, but only take my sunday weight as proper wieght if that makes sense. im sure in time i will only weigh weekly, once im closer to my goal.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:09 PM   #8  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

It is definately not necessary to be sore from working out to retain water.

Being sore is called DOMS. (Google it)

DOMS do not mean you got a good workout and lack of DOMS does not mean you didn't.

In fact a well designed workout program means you'll almost never experience DOMS because a well designed program will break someone into the new activity gently and ratched up the intensity over time. This gives the trainee the ability to focus on form while learning the activity and helps prevent injury. Unfortunately many people believe if they're not sore they didn't get a good workout and knowing this trainers will push new people too hard early thus form suffers and DOMS result.

There you go - more than you ever wanted to know about the topic.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote