Old 02-24-2011, 08:08 PM   #1  

Default Orientation Cancelled - GNC 4 now?

The coach cancelled my orientation appointment for tomorrow. Will have to reschedule next week sometime. I'm considering going by GNC in the morning and purchasing low carb protein mix and getting started on my own tomorrow anyway, using it and sticking with low-fat meats and veggies 'til I get started on IP.

I kinda' wanted to get the 'yuckies' I've read so much about over with during the weekend so I'd be clear-headed by work Monday.

What do you all think? And tips on what product to look for at GNC?
RetroChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroChick View Post
The coach cancelled my orientation appointment for tomorrow. Will have to reschedule next week sometime. I'm considering going by GNC in the morning and purchasing low carb protein mix and getting started on my own tomorrow anyway, using it and sticking with low-fat meats and veggies 'til I get started on IP.

I kinda' wanted to get the 'yuckies' I've read so much about over with during the weekend so I'd be clear-headed by work Monday.

What do you all think? And tips on what product to look for at GNC?
That's a bummer. Do you have the phase 1 protocol sheet? So you know what to eat as far as veggies salad etc? The sticky threads will have the sheets in the phases sticky and look in the alternative thread for protein drinks. Some people use the read-to-drink shakes from EAS carb advantage or Premier from Costco. Just ideas. give the stickys a read and I am sure you will get other's advice too.
Good luck
ladyvrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:24 PM   #3  

Yay, an answer : )

I hadn't yet made it to the Alternative sticky yet. Guess I wasn't thinking that far ahead when I looked through stickies for the first time the other day. Alternative just wasn't on my radar then, so I skipped it, and promptly forgot it.

After browsing there, I think I'll happily give something besides IP try over the weekend. If I have good luck, maybe I'll stick with it and let my physician supervise my electrolytes (K and Na) and vitamin/mineral balance. I am a bit paranoid of letting them get outta whack!

I have an idea of veggies and condies, but will research more before I stick something in my big mouth that I shouldn't.

Tomorrow is the first day of my new low-carb life. I just had my last serving of a No-No! And I'm so EXCITED!!! :-D

Thanks for your help! Oh how I wish I had taken charge back when I weighed what your beginning weight was. Way to go, you!!!
Old 02-24-2011, 09:29 PM   #4  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroChick View Post
Yay, an answer : )

I hadn't yet made it to the Alternative sticky yet. Guess I wasn't thinking that far ahead when I looked through stickies for the first time the other day. Alternative just wasn't on my radar then, so I skipped it, and promptly forgot it.

After browsing there, I think I'll happily give something besides IP try over the weekend. If I have good luck, maybe I'll stick with it and let my physician supervise my electrolytes (K and Na) and vitamin/mineral balance. I am a bit paranoid of letting them get outta whack!

I have an idea of veggies and condies, but will research more before I stick something in my big mouth that I shouldn't.

Tomorrow is the first day of my new low-carb life. I just had my last serving of a No-No! And I'm so EXCITED!!! :-D

Thanks for your help! Oh how I wish I had taken charge back when I weighed what your beginning weight was. Way to go, you!!!
I use GNC 100% Whey Protein drink powder. Chocolate flavor.
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:26 AM   #5  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Ive heard the EAS low carb ready to drink vanilla or choc are really good and comparable as far as carbs are concerned, and even have more protein. You can certainly follow a low carb diet and still get the icks over with. I did it for about a week before starting IP, lost the first 5 pounds on my own. Like you mentioned in your post lean meats and 20 carbs or less. You'll get your body in fat burning ketosis before you even start IP!! Best of luck.
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:31 AM   #6  

Thank you all for your input.

With your suggestions and the bit of alt reading I did last minute, it's high time I do a bit of shopping and get this show on the road!
Old 02-25-2011, 09:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 318/291/220

Height: 6'3.5

Default Gnc

I buy the Isopure no carb shakes from there. You can split the servings and get more protein in each serving than the IP products and have no carbs in it.
Sandman79 is offline   Reply With Quote