Old 02-20-2011, 10:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 318/291/220

Height: 6'3.5

Default Loose skin or cellulite

My coach told me that if I had fruity flavor drink or jello daily it would help with the loose skin when I lose the weight. What is the difference in these or what scientific backing that these will help do this. Which ones are they if anyone knows.
Sandman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:54 PM   #2  

Your wallet will be looser.

No jello is going to make a difference in terms of whether you have loose skin after weight loss.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

The jello and blueberry drink are suppose to contain collagen. But from what I have found there is no scientific evidence that consuming collagen has any effect on skin. Which I was somewhat glad to find since I was not a fan of those packets.

Last edited by serendipityberry; 02-20-2011 at 11:29 PM.
serendipityberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 340/335/200

Height: 6'1"

An interesting read about bone broth, discussing collagen, gelatin and the associated amino acids.

http://www.westonaprice.org/food-fea...beautiful.html
stinhoutx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:43 PM   #5  

Sandman, I don't have any opinion at all about the IP jello & drink, since I haven't used IP products on this protocol... however, what I've been told by the guy at GNC, for loose skin, make sure you're getting at least 1000 mg of fish oil a day... I don't know if it works, though, but I've been faithfully taking it... & after losing approximately 60 lbs. at 61 years of age, I have very little loose skin, at least not nearly as much as I was expecting... of course, it could just be a coincidence... or something in my genes...

I probably wasn't much help there, was I?..

hugs
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:37 AM   #6  

Can I ask what you are using if not IP? I so want to do this program but it is just too much for me. I have tried buying a protein mix but I would love to know what you are doing. Is there another place you post?

Thanks!
pucksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:07 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucksmom View Post
Can I ask what you are using if not IP? I so want to do this program but it is just too much for me. I have tried buying a protein mix but I would love to know what you are doing. Is there another place you post?

Thanks!
I'm following the IP protocol, just not using IP products... instead of the packets, I have a whey protein shake, otherwise everything is the same -- 2 cups veggies twice a day, lean meat/chicken/fish for one meal, salad twice a day, sea salt, a couple of tsp. of olive oil, at least 100 oz. water... nope, I don't post on any other diet forums, if that's what you're asking... just Ideal Protein...

hugs
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:59 PM   #8  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

I use the jello or blueberry-pom for two reasons...

1.) I'm worried about loose skin, but after having three kids (two of those at once), no amount of collogen is going to make me look like I haven't had any! I'll take what I can get, though.

2.) I really really like them. The jello is nice for when I want something that's not "wet" but not a restricted. The drink is just good to me. I have it usually after a workout or as an afternoon snack.

And FYI to make your own choices: I was told two different things about them--first, not to use them every day because they don't have some of the amino acids we need, and second, that they're good for once a day. I tend to use them about 5 days a week, but have used them daily.

Hope this helps! You're doing wonderfully, keep it up!
Joliebug82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:00 PM   #9  
it's always something

I would highly recommend reading this thread.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/body...skin-faqs.html
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:01 PM   #10  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

I use Blueberry drink daily as my snack. I have not found any issues with doing so. I heard it can help with loose skin, but I just like the taste and have stuck with it.
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote