Old 02-19-2011, 09:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/256/170

Height: 5'6"

Default Surviving the cocktail party

Hello All!
I'm so excited that I survived my first cocktail party ever with relative success. I had a show open yesterday - so that involves dinner out and a post show cast party with the works - mix, mingle, open bar, food on trays etc. I made a plan, accepted it and stuck with it...in the past going into an event with a plan I've failed every time 10 minutes in...epically, but not last night.

I'm allowing myself 1 lunch and 1 dinner out a month where I can just enjoy what I eat and my time and the meal and my company I'm with - it's my indulgence meals..cause lets face it....this is a lifestyle change and in life there will always be indulgence... and I really feel it's good to be able to go and have a meal and enjoy it and not worry and stress about every morsel and beat myself up. This was the most friendly way I could think of to have some non-restricted time that would be good for my overall health, calorie and financial budget

I had both out in one day yesterday...so that's it for February and I'm ok with that and I made the plan that yesterday was the day. My plan was lunch out, but keep it on the lighter side, dinner we did in full, planned and stuck to no more than 2 glasses of wine (with 2 glasses of water), shared small appetizer, side salads and a main dish, no desert (which isn't really my thing anyway so I don't feel like I'm missing anything, especially where I get to have the wine). Stuck to it, and didn't even finish the second glass of wine. After the show for the required schmooze I was really nervous...with the alcohol and the food and the long day it was all I could do to not smoke. I had to hold my breath near anyone smoking outside on the street but I did it and I didn't give in. I planned on 2 glasses of wine and 2 glasses of water and no food on trays for the party (few hours long) and I stuck to it. I did not touch a morsel, I did not over drink, I did not reach for the social smokes.

Don't get me wrong...it was not easy by any means, there were points where I wanted to chew my own arm off...but I didn't, and I stuck it out and didn't give in, I made it through fairly unscathed and for that, today I am proud.
Sunnyhikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:53 AM   #2  

Location: Near the OK/TX line- I travel between two different homes.

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/135

Height: 5'1"

That's awesome! Congrats to making and sticking to your plan.
lauriebug81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 199/ticker/132

Height: 5'1"

YAY!! I love it when a plan comes together! Awesome work, and well done for being sooooo strong - both with the food and the smoking.

High five!

X
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote