Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2002, 08:53 AM   #1  

Default Sort of New Here...

Hello girls! I say "sort of new" because my info says that I registered in 2000, but I posted just a few times on the WW thread and then dropped out of sight for quite a long time. I actually forgot that I had posted until my profile showed up. I'm back and so ready to do this!

I'm going to get this off my chest here because I feel a bit guilty about it...here goes! My main motivation at this time is that my very best friend in the world has started the process for having bariatric surgery and I can't stand the thought of her being thin while I'm still heavy. Don't get me wrong. I'm happy that she's found a solution that she feels good about and I want her to succeed, but I will be so jealous! In fact, I already am and she hasn't even had her consultation yet.

So here I am at 245 pounds knowing that gastric bypass really isn't an option for me and needing some support to do this on my own. My ideal weight is 140...a weight I haven't seen in nearly 12 years. I'm working out at a gym 3 times a week and at home 3 days a week. I'm trying to increase my water intake and follow the principles in the book Eating Thin for Life.

I sabotage myself so easily though and my worst time of day is that hour or so after I get home from work in the afternoon while I'm getting supper ready. I may be posting a "help me" post at that time each day to keep my hands and mind busy!

Anyway, I guess this is long enough for now. I'm not the internet posting type so this is all still pretty new for me! I'm looking forward to giving and receiving support here.

Thanks for listening,
Christy
247/245/140
Old 12-07-2002, 03:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

hi! i'm actually pretty new but i just wanted to let you know that i will be lurking around, offering support. i started right about where you are, and i've lost 22 pounds...

feel free to email me if you want! [email protected].
Old 12-07-2002, 03:09 PM   #3  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hey Christy!

Welcome back! I have about the same amount of weight to lose as you. I started at 242.5, was down to 221, then gained 10 lbs. back. I've been at 231 for about three months.

I am also a great self-sabotager in the evenings! I am a stress eater, and I get plenty of stress as a fifth grade teacher. The first thing I want to do when I get home is eat! Usually, I will drink lots and lots of caffeine free diet Coke instead.

I hope you stick around with us!
Old 12-07-2002, 04:08 PM   #4  

Thanks for the warm welcome, Holly and Jenelle! Nice to hear from some people who are or have been at about the same place I am. I'm actually back on here now to keep from eating my daughter's leftover chicken nuggets...so far so good! I got a bottle of water and a few pretzels instead.

Jenelle, what a coincidence! I'm a third grade teacher so I can totally relate to the stress you're talking about. Maybe we can talk more about that later.

Christy
Old 12-08-2002, 11:00 AM   #5  
hot mom wanna be!

Default Adding my welcome back!

Welcome, welcome, welcome!
I think however you get your inspiration is fine. We all have different motivators! I think I was just getting sick and tired of being embarrased about my weight when I went to the doctor, or trying on new clothes, things like that. The big one was when I saw a picture of me (my whole body in it) when I was dressed up well -but you couldnt hide all those pounds under makeup and pretty clothes. It was obvious I was out of control!! It shocked me into action. Ok, it hasnt been the worlds fastest weight loss but I am still losing slowly almost two years later! (so far I have lost 71 pounds). I still have a way to go but I feel 100% positive I will be at 160 one day (I am 5'8).
Keep coming back here every day if you can. It really is the best thing I can tell you to do. Even if you totally blow it every once in a while, just admitting it and starting back over again is better than a total backslide and hiding from the support here!
good luck and keep us posted!!
laura
313/242/160
71 pounds gone!!
Old 12-09-2002, 10:30 AM   #6  

Hi and Welcome! Don't be ashamed as to what has inspired you to lose weight. We all have the same thoughts and feelings, believe me.

This really is a wonderful place full of support and inspiration. One thing to keep you on track is to come in here as much as possible, I promise you...you WILL be encouraged and inspired every time.

And we also kick you in the rear too at times when you need it (as long as you want it)

Welcome aboard..make yourself at home.

Old 12-09-2002, 10:56 AM   #7  

Don't be ashamed of what you're feeling... I know I've felt the exact same way a million times over.

I hope your able to come around often. This really is a wonderfully supportive & encouraging place! GOOD LUCK!
Old 12-09-2002, 02:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 320/210/180

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Don't feel bad at all my main motivation is that my husband left me for some lady in Texas that I swear is bigger than me but she swears she is smaller than me. I don't see how. Her hips are bigger than mine. Well I want to say look what you lost baby!!! But I am also doing this for myself but the motivation is him. So keep working at it and all our dreams will come true.
Old 12-09-2002, 03:44 PM   #9  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Welcome, Christy!! Whatever the motivation, your body will thank you for it.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:31 AM   #10  
wsw

welcome (back), christy!

i wish you all the best on your weight loss journey. take care.

wsw
Old 12-13-2002, 10:22 PM   #11  

Hi Chrissey,
I am new here. I also stress eat. I go along fine, lose a few pounds and then hit a mood where I dont care and eat enough to ruin my efforts. I thought about gatric by-pass. I am 231 and wondered what weight I needed to be to qualify for the surgery. I would prefer to lose this weight on my own though.I know it can be done, I just have to stay focused. It's so helpful to read the ones here who have lost so much already, it's inspiring.
IsabellaMay
Old 12-14-2002, 10:28 PM   #12  
Have faith...

S/C/G: 325/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Hello Christy

I am "sort of" new here too. I posted a little bit a few months back and vanished as well. But, like you, I am back ready to do this.

Don't feel bad about why you want to lose weight. Just be glad you do!

Good luck!

Joni
Closed Thread