Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2002, 09:02 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Default In It For The Long Run #9

WELCOME TO "IN IT FOR THE LONG RUN".

We're a friendly group who have all started with more than 100 lbs to lose and are doing our best to attain healthy bodies through weight loss and exercise.

Most of us are using Weight Watchers to help us along this road but we welcome anyone who is trying to successfully change to a healthy lifestyle.

Got a lot to lose? Pull up your keyboard and join us for fun, support,advice and just plain talk. We love to "see" new faces so jump right in.

j-ann
Old 12-06-2002, 09:07 PM   #2  

Thought it was time to start a new thread.

Just got back from a dinner with friends. It hasnt snowed at all today. I've got to put in a few extra laps tomorrow as exercise has been rather sparse this week. If I get up early enough I'll try to get to Walmart by 7AM and beat the crowd.

You all have a Superb Saturday.
l
Old 12-08-2002, 03:29 PM   #3  

Well, just thought I would post a update. I have been exercising using the walk away the pounds video and really like it. I made a grilled mexican chicken salad for lunch today that was wonderful. It will become a weekly favorite at my house. Well I couldn't wait until wednesday and went ahead and weighed again today. I am down 1.5! Which is better than I thought I would do because I haven't been writing all my stuff down as I should. Hope everyone has a great week. Do ya'll ever get on the chat here? If so I would love to know when ya'll are on.

Amanda
Old 12-08-2002, 07:00 PM   #4  

Hello!

Its been a busy weekend. We've got the house picked up - and more importantly, rearranged and ready for the holidays. We completely redid the living room and family room - moving furniture here and there to achieve a more open floor plan. This is so that when the house is full of company its more comfortable. Its also more comfortable for me now. I like openness - something I've missed since our home as become a warehouse for our business.

Doing well, WW-wise. Points on target, PMS all over, not so bloaty or moody.

Hope all is well with the rest o' you!
Old 12-08-2002, 07:42 PM   #5  
Find a Way

Jen - congrats on the loss, that is great! And whew with the furniture moving, but I like openess as well. That's why we bought this home, the main level has great flow.

Amanda - wonderful on the exercise, it's good when you find something you like. For me, losses always get my butt moving even more, .

Kira - good for you for getting to that meeting. That seems to be the hardest part when you know you won't like what the scale has to say. Which leads me to...

...I started this forum a few weeks ago, but never really got my stuff in gear until last Sunday. I decided to start afresh on the 1st and do this from home. Somehow when I'm accountable to myself I seem to do a little bit better. Anyway, I got back on track with the exercising and staying within points. Even went to a friend's holiday party and stayed OP. When I weighed myself this morning (only 1 week, mind you) I had lost 9.25 lbs. !! Unfortunately I've had many "week 1s", but I've never lost this much before. Exercise is such a key for me, I think. The walk around the park today was certainly a bit more fun than it's been for most of the week, since I have some idea of how much it helps me.

And today I've been busy with the holiday baking and am still well within points. I finish off tomorrow and then all I have left is the Christmas cards! Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Old 12-08-2002, 08:33 PM   #6  

WHOA! It's been a busy, busy weekend. Dinner out on Friday night, Friends in on Saturday (I drank way too much wine. 2.5 glasses, so I was sooo warm at the dinner table that I skipped dessert and went and sat outside in the cold. .... Talk about 3 hr hot flash!) and shopped today. Oh yea, I swam yesterday too. I've been a bit over on my pts. so things could be dicey at WI tomorrow. Guess, I'll have to go back to drinking H2O. Usually my drink of choice. And I found myself "picking" while I drank so I need to sit away from the goodies!

CYNTHIA: GREAT NEWS about that week one loss. It's usually the biggest loss we see but what a GREAT kickstart for you. Keep up that exercise!

AMANDA & JEN: You're both doin' fantastic too!

It sure is good to see so many successes after, what was for several of us, a l..o..n..g... drought between losses.

I'll try to get back tomorrow after WI,
Old 12-09-2002, 03:15 PM   #7  

We got our Christmas tree up today - it was our Advent activity for the day. :-)

Christmas party tonight -and I'm having dinner first so I'm properly full and more resistant to temptation. Ooo la la!
Old 12-09-2002, 07:09 PM   #8  

DUH! WI was not the best. I know I shouldn't have missed two water aerobics classes, had that wine on Saturday and all of that Shrimp Scampi on Friday and oh those appeitisers (sp?) all weekend long. I'm up 2.5 but I'm also back OP and journaling. I think it was probably the worse weekend of the holidays for me. I'm not quitting tho.!!!!!!

I also had to come up with big bucks @ WW for an annual membership. It's such a savings over the year that I make myself "fork over" the cash. But it sure is a BIG hit on the pocket book. It also keeps me going to meetings.

JEN: Glad you got the tree up! Makes the holidays feel really close doesn't it.

TTYL
Old 12-10-2002, 07:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

I'm going to be away for a couple of weeks - maybe until after the holidays.

My dad passed away unexpectedly this morning. He had gone to the hospital yesterday morning thinking he was having a heart attack but the tests indicated otherwise. We thought he was going home today so only one of us kids went to see him. I tried to call but couldn't get through to him and didn't try again. He was prone to anxiety attacks so we thought it was that. But he had an aortic aneurysm (sp?) and there was nothing they could do. They are two hours south of us so I will be away for a few days to help mom.

Take care and I'd like to wish everyone a good holiday season.

Keep up all the great work too - I'll need lots of inspiration when I come back.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:25 PM   #10  

OMG Terri, I don't know if you'll see this but my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Be strong when you can and remember the good times you had with your Dad.

With deepest sympathy,
j-ann
Old 12-11-2002, 12:39 AM   #11  
Find a Way

Terri - you have my deepest sympathies. My father has been in and out of the hospital rather frequently due to cancer and a series of heart attacks, so I have some idea of what you are going through. I'm sure he knew you loved him, have no regrets. Come back when you are ready.
Old 12-11-2002, 12:22 PM   #12  

Terri - our love and prayers are with you. I'm so very, very sorry to hear of your loss.

We're here when you need us.

Best regards,
Jen
Old 12-12-2002, 12:23 PM   #13  
Find a Way

Default Ouch

I can feel every muscle in my body. I went snowboarding again yesterday, actually tried to go down a green run. It took me 1 hour to get down!!!!!! I'm sure I fell every way imaginable, which means I had to use every muscle to get up. I plan on buying a helmet before the next time . And for those afraid of what the young boarder "punks" would think of a fat old woman trying to snowboard, I'd say not to worry. I was almost all the way down when I got to the steepest part. I decided to walk down that since I'd had enough with the falling, when a young guy came past and stopped and told me I had to continue riding the whole way. He was about 20 years old, and even introduced himself. He said I couldn't give up. I tried a few more times but I have a problem turning in one particular direction. Anyway, he finally decided to show me and the last I heard of him was him yelling "Come on Cynthiaaaaaa"! There may have been some kids smirking, but I never saw it, and it's good to know there are some nice ones out there as well.

Today I'm purchasing some backcountry skis on the MIL - my xmas present from her. You may wonder why I'm going so crazy with this stuff, but it's because I finally decided to stop putting things off until I lose weight. I'm gonna live my life as fully as I can now, knowing I'll be able to do even more once the excess weight is gone.

DH and I take off for London today - a very short trip because it was a United efare. I'll be back late Sunday night. We've been a few times so it's not too sad going for such a short time, we plan to visit the Tate museum and the Imperial War Museum. A friend says the War Museum has a great pub nearby - it is housed in what used to be the Bedlam Asylum. It has an upper deck overlooking the yard where the mental patients used to hang out. I guess folks used to go up for a drink and make fun of the crazy people.

Have a great weekend all, enjoy life!!
Old 12-15-2002, 02:50 PM   #14  

Chillin way to go with all the exercise. Hope you had a great trip.

I have been so far off program it is horrible. I always do this to myself. I do really good for several weeks then I go wild. I did really good over Thanksgiving I was really proud of myself. But, this weekend I have been just crazy. Donuts and pizza in one day with no moderation included. Oh, yeah, then there was these no bake chocolate-oatmeal cookies. I have no control. I am not sure where it has gone. It really makes me mad and disappointed in myself. I know I am going to have to re-lose those pounds and that makes me more discouraged.

Amanda
Old 12-16-2002, 08:48 AM   #15  

Long weekend, lots of stuff done, feeling a little holiday depression coming on. At least I don't eat when I'm depressed... LOL!

J-ann - how's it going?

Chillin - I envy you your snowboarding. I'd break something, I'm sure of it. But then, I broke a bone in my foot while walking in the mall, for goodness sakes!!

Dietcokedrinker: Hey, buck up! We all make mistakes (go ahead, ask me about my 1 pound box of See's nuts and chews that I ate last week - yikes!). Its about forgiving yourself and moving forward. You can un-do the things you did last week or yesterday or ten minutes ago. You can think about where you'd like to see change in the future and make it happen. We're here for you!
Closed Thread