Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2002, 07:17 PM   #1  
Finally Fit!

Talking Ya Ya's

hey, I saw that movie recently, and related to it so much, i figured i"d call this thread by the same name. hope you all find me here. I'd hate to be sitting arund here all by my lonesome. See you soon: AngieME, Kempy, Noelle, Jenni.

Ciao Girls!
Old 12-06-2002, 07:49 PM   #2  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Thumbs down Gotcha!!!

I am here!!!!!

Jen, Where are you? You have me worried. I hope you are ok.
Old 12-07-2002, 11:21 AM   #3  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey Ladies, just thought I'd check in this morning. It's the weekend and today may just be the first Saturday that I'm in control of myself (the eating that is). I'll be in a computer-class from 8-4 which is kind of a drag, but at least it'll keep me from eating all day. Take it easy and I'll see you gals later.
Aloha!
Old 12-07-2002, 08:02 PM   #4  
Finally Fit!

hey Angie and Noelle... hope the other girls find us here. Had a weird day. Visite dmy grandparents, and that was depressing. Came home smelling funny. You know what I mean. They live in a nursing place, so that's the reason. Too warm in there, and so depressing. Do we have to get old? How about a soilent green type of thing? Huh?

Ate okay, and skipped the walk today, since we're oging to Williamsburg in the morning, and we'll walk around all day, I deserve a break,. Anyway, it's freezing outt here, and the snow refuses to go away on it's own. Well, hope you girls are warm. Ciao!
Old 12-09-2002, 11:39 AM   #5  

Hey guys I am here. I am really busy right now so I will check back in later today! See ya!
Old 12-09-2002, 07:56 PM   #6  
"Print"cess Jenni

S/C/G: 247/226/149

Height: 5'6"

I'm alive..... and fat I've been eating like crazy. Guess ya'll probably guessed that since I haven't been her to fess up to it.

EH's operation was last Wednesday. He went home the same day, but had to go back in because it started swelling really bad. He's home again now, and the good news is they didn't find any cancer. Thank goodness for my youngin's!

I think my cold is trying to leave. I don't want to jinx it by saying I feel better, but I do.

I'm super sleepy. Kiddos got up in the middle of the night and were too wired to sleep. (Too long of a nap yesterday afternoon.) I think we're all ready for bed now though. It's only 6:53 here LOL.

I'm proud of all of you for sticking to it. I'm sorry I haven't been a good example..........

Gotta go..... little girl is calling me. I love you girls!
Jenni
Old 12-09-2002, 08:02 PM   #7  
so close, yet so far...

Hello girls...sheesh, afternoon here already and you guys are probably asleep. Anyway, been a busy, busy Monday and that's good for business.

Jenni, good to hear you're back and feeling better. Especially good to hear that your EH does not have that nasty ole cancer. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, ex or not.

Hope everyone's weekend was fun. Catch up with you gals later.

*Noelle
Old 12-09-2002, 08:08 PM   #8  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Jen, I am glad to hear he doesn't have cancer. I am sure you have been under a great deal of stress. I am so glad you came on to let us know you are alright. I was a little worried about ya.

Noelle, How have you been? Did you have a good weekend? I went to the animal shelter to donate some stuff and watched Austin powers, Goldmember. It was pretty funny.
Old 12-09-2002, 09:34 PM   #9  

Jenn glad yo see you are back. Glad to hear about EH. I had to go through Cancer with my dad. I don't wish that on anyone. I know you need us now more than ever. I can't wait to hear from you more.

Noelle, you are 4 hours behind me right? (central time) I usually don't hit the bed until 10. I feel like I should be in it earlier but hubby like to watch tv and I hate going to bed without him there. I don't sound to codependent do I? lol
Old 12-09-2002, 09:46 PM   #10  
so close, yet so far...

Hi Kemp, I am 5-6 hours behind you (I think)--Hawaii is always 2-3 hours behind the west coast (California/Oregon/Washington). We don't observe daylight savings time here so I don't know when to ever add or subtract the hours. Anyway, I pop in and out of this website during the day while at work and sometimes during the evening if hubby isn't hogging the home PC looking at things to buy from ebay or gov't liquidations...
Old 12-10-2002, 07:07 AM   #11  
Finally Fit!

HI Girls. Back from Williamsburg. It was beautiful there, and much warmer, even though it was only 3 hours south of me. Saw the Grand Illumination... best fireworks i"ve ever seen. Longest walking I've don ein a while, but worth the wait to see the sky lit up so pretty. Stayedonly one night, and ate atre ate ate. First of all, hubb'ys dad loves to eat three big meals each day. Every time you wak back to the car, they're talking about then ext meal, and that makes you nauseaus aftera while, not to mention the travelling with a full stomahc. But , i mad emy own decisions, and that'll probably show up in the scale. We did have fun, although onthe way back,, half way home, fatheir n law gets a phone call from a state trooper, "Sir, someone fuond your wallet at the gas station in Williamsburg, you're gonna have to turn around and pick it up. Unless you want us to play cat and mouse and ticket you for driving without license." SO, we turn around, drive all the way back, get ithe wallet, turn back around.... you get the drift. What a long trip back. Woke up like i"d been drugged this morning. I can't belive how biting cold it is here,a dn I hear we're getting more snow, maybe today or tomorrow? Geez! I've decided to start doing workout videos until the weather is better. I'm tired of being stressed, and slipping on the ice out there.

Jenni: I"m so happy to hear from you. You are a great example, because you keep coming back, fessing up, and getting back on track. Life is not always smooth sailing.. We all have tough times. But keep coming back here, adn check in. We're gonna love ya til ther's harldy any of you left!

Kempy: You okay? I saw you missed a cuople days? Is hubby outta town?

ANgie: Are you guys buried in snow yet? Maine should be a glacier by now!

Noelle: After this weekend, Hawaii sounds like a dream come true. Do you guys put up chrismtas trees,a nd pretend snow? Ha Ha
Old 12-10-2002, 10:32 AM   #12  

Chris - I had a friend in this weekend. We spent the entire time shopping. Saturday night we went to Joe's company party (300 + there) Sunday I went grocery shopping (spent way to much money, but I got a lot of good deals) and then we went to eat with my family in Baton Rouge that night. I have been very busy but that is good. I need to have that in my life. I am so sedentary most of the time.

I am trying to get an association going for our subdivision, and we will be busy with Duck's Unlimited this year. That should get me going for a little while. I need to do something to make myself move more.
Old 12-10-2002, 11:01 AM   #13  

Noelle, I see that you are on. Good Lord woman what time is it? And I cna't believe you are up. I wish we didn't have daylight savings time. It really screws me up. I heard that there is one town in the mid west that doesn't follow it either. I want to say Indianapolis. I could be wrong though.
Old 12-10-2002, 02:27 PM   #14  
so close, yet so far...

Hello all. Just checking in.
Kemp: I am 5 hours behind your time ( I just checked my "earth time" calendar to see what the difference was) and 2 hours behind west coast time. I think my computer didn't shut down completely last night and may have still had me connected. I've got a little wireless network running to my mom's computer upstairs (shhhhh, don't tell anyone I'm "stealing" cable ) so she can get internet service...sometimes that makes the computer do weird things. What's Ducks Unlimited? I have a lab t-shirt that says Ducks Unlimited...never knew that it was an organization for anything (duh, sorry for my ignorance)

Chris: Williamsburg sounds like a great place to visit. I have got to get to the east coast one of these days. My former boss just took a vacation this past September and hit the DC area and Williamsburg. Said it was a great trip all things considered. (This was about the same time of the DC area sniper attacks).

Angie: Can you give me a little of your willpower? Or maybe a little brainwashing? Sometimes all I think about is eating...you're amazing. I could not be around donuts all the time and not eat any.

Jenni: We're all behind you if you need us.

And yes, we do have Xmas trees here that are "flocked" with fake snow. We have never bought one like that though. We have an annual "Honolulu City Lights" christmas thing where they duke up City Hall with millions of lights and displays. Then they scout around O'ahu for the biggest pine tree and transport it to City hall and decorate it. Last year there was some kind of contraption that made it "snow". Don't know what it was but the flakes disappeared as soon as they touched ground. It was kind of neat seeing the snowfall but I'm guessing it was around 70 degrees at night. The coldest it got here so far at night was only 59...brrrrrrrrrr, that was sooooooo cold (haha)
Old 12-10-2002, 02:53 PM   #15  

I just typed this whole long thing and lost it, shoot!
Here it goes again..
Duck's Unlimited is a conservation organization. They buy land as a habitat for migratory birds. I think it is a lot of fun to be in. You get to meet lots of local business owners. It helps to have friends in high places. After all, this is Louisiana and I am sure that all of the country thinks that we are all politicians that only help out their brother. I have to say that I have used it a few times (getting a ticket fixed, buying our new truck, etc....).

I wish it would only get to around 56 here. Today it is 50 and the sun isn't out and that doesn;t help any. This is a good day to stay home but I know what I would be doing if I was at home, I would be sleeping. Hey, that doesn't sound to bad to me right now.
Closed Thread