Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-14-2011, 11:06 AM   #1  
Hungry Hungry Dancer

S/C/G: tickertickerticker

Height: 5'4"

Default sweets

at night i almost always want something sweet...i crave it so strongly sometimes D: ....it's hard to defeat

last night it was candy...skittles and nerds and a peanut butter cup

BUT....i'm not going to let it get me down, just reporting here so i feel accountable for my actions

any tips on defeating a major sweet tooth ??
blueballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:57 AM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

VERY dark chocolate...

I bought that 70% cocoa chocolate because I wanted chocolate EVERY night. I bought the LINDT huge bars that are like $3. I bought like 2 bars and by the time I was done the cravings were gone. I ate one square a day (each bar had like 6 squares).

I'm not going to lie that stuff is VERY bitter but I told myself that was the ONLY chocolate I was gonna get.

Then there are others who will allow themselves ONE or two hershey's kisses a night and it's worked into their diet. Me personally a bag of kisses will be gone in 1-2 days!

Get rid of the chocolate/sweets you have now and don't buy anymore- drink water anytime you get the cravings (and check out those bars). I think the bitter chocolate that I bought really made my body go "I don't want anymore thanks but no thanks." lol.

Last edited by beerab; 02-14-2011 at 11:58 AM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post
VERY dark chocolate...

I'm not going to lie that stuff is VERY bitter but I told myself that was the ONLY chocolate I was gonna get.

Then there are others who will allow themselves ONE or two hershey's kisses a night and it's worked into their diet. Me personally a bag of kisses will be gone in 1-2 days!.
Unless you are like me and happen to like very dark chocolate Lindt bars. Every week I buy a Lindt dark chocolate and sea salt bar and eat either two or four squares when the chocolate mood hits, depending on how many calories I want to use on an evening snack BUT once I bought the 70% very dark chocolate bar, and while it was delicious, it was 50 calories MORE per serving than the regular dark chocolate bars. I love chocolate, so I allow myself chocolate a couple times a week. It isn't forbidden, so I don't crave it or binge on it, and when I eat it, do I ever savor every nibble! LOL
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:33 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Ug you liked that 70% stuff? It totally weaned me OFF chocolate- I don't want to ever eat another of those 70% bars again! lol.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/169/149

Height: 5'5"

I, too, have an insane sweet tooth. One thing that has helped is to allow a small treat each day. I still count it in my calories, but knowing that I have something to look forward to in the evening helps. One of my new favorites is Jell-o Mousse. They have several varieties, but the mint chocolate is awesome. I put it in the freezer for about an hour, and it almost tricks my mind into thinking I'm getting ice cream (my major weakness). If you're at all like me though, the trick is to find something that you enjoy, but not that you love or will crave. i.e., allowing myself a scoop of ice cream each night would not work for me-- I would want to eat the entire thing.

I think the biggest thing is to not deprive yourself entirely. Unless you have the willpower of a god, it's setting up for failure. Allow the occasional treat, in moderation, and hopefully it will help with those cravings since you know you can have it.

Hope that helps! Good luck!
AriRuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

I do frozen blueberries, plain ff yogurt and a bit of honey. This does the trick without triggering cravings.

Last edited by SarahinBalance; 02-14-2011 at 03:16 PM.
SarahinBalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post
Ug you liked that 70% stuff? It totally weaned me OFF chocolate- I don't want to ever eat another of those 70% bars again! lol.
LOL Yes, I do, but not enough to add 50 calories to a serving, so that bar has sat with one lonely serving gone for weeks. I really love the sea salt and dark chocolate bars.
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #8  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

BTDT.

Get more protein at the start of the day. Make sure I take my multivitamin in the day too. Then I'd save my fruit exchanges for the end.

I used to keep watermelon/melon on hand because it is sweet and you can eat a LOT without blowing it on calories.

I also would keep pears canned in juice in the freezer. Run in hot water enough to thaw so it can slide out of the can, Then blender smooth -- instant sorbet.

Another fav was keeping peeled, halved frozen banana and frozen strawberry. Put half a banana, 4-6 berries, and 1/2 cup any juice (OJ, Apple) in the blender and you've got a nice smoothie.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:33 PM   #9  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Gum! I've been munching on the Dessert Delights by Extra. The Key Lime Pie is really saving me right now.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 240ish/180/165

Height: 5'9"

I eat a piece of fruit right after dinner---always---usually a really sweet apple (like Braeburn or Pink Lady), or an entire Mango---talk about sweet! Sometimes, I'll have dried fruit instead (like plums or apricots), but I sometimes go over-board on those, whereas, even if I have two big apples, I hardly ever would want three Fruit works well for me, it is sweet and usually crunchy or smooth, so very satisfying texturally. Some people like frozen grapes. I also do frozen berries with greek yogurt if I'm still truly hungry after dinner---it almost turns into icecream if you use enough berries!
sfree13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/125

Height: 5'6"

I find my sweet cravings are insatiable when I eat Aspartame, or Splenda.

Stevia is a great alternative for sugar sub.

I love Berries and they work to curb my cravings
Izzadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:54 PM   #12  
Hungry Hungry Dancer

S/C/G: tickertickerticker

Height: 5'4"

thanks for all the suggestions.....since posting this..it doesn't seem to have gone away....but it AT LEAST hasn't been satisfied with candy....other than dark chocolate, which i am happy to see a lot suggested anyway ..and i love dark chocolate ! ....a sea salt and dark chocolate bar sounds very intriguing ......i think the bar i got was ghiradelli ..twilight chocolate..or something like that ? ..it was 70% ..and yummy ! .....the one thing that has always bothered me about darker chocolates is that they aren't as creamy ..but if i let it sit out somewhere a little warm..for just a little while..it is soooo good, i feel like i'm cheating

my problem sweets are never actually in the house unless i get one or two things at a convenience store..but nothing sweet is ever kept in bulk..that would make me go crazy....unfortunately the sweets at the convenience store are of the worst variety....nerds, skittles..pretty much anything fruity

i think the next dark chocolate bar i buy will be one of the ones i saw the other day with a hint of raspberry or orange

the way i've been satisfying it now has been with blended frozen bananas w/ a dab of peanut butter and less than 1/4 cup of vanilla almond milk...i'v made this soooo many times and it is amazing and simple...i have no idea why i didn't think of it before......also blended together some frozen blueberries, peaches and a banana with a bit of honey and froze it til it was a bit more solid

i think these homemade sorbets/soft serves are amazing and even taste better than what you can get in a store....and costs a lot less

thanks for bringing me out of that slump .....hopefully my husband doesn' start calling to ask if i want anything from the store, or going out at night to the corner store for candy ... D: .....he really should stop that :P
blueballerina is offline   Reply With Quote