Old 02-13-2011, 02:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/115

Height: 5'5

Default Do you reward yourself as you lose weight?

Hi all, I finally got into the 130s these past couple weeks, and as a reward, bought myself a video game I've been wanting (yeah, i'm a nerd ). I was wondering if anyone else gives themselves rewards or treats for reaching certain milestones. Having something to look forward really helps motivate me, especially since they are things I need to buy anyway, so I don't feel like I'm overindulging myself.

Here are my planned rewards:
in the 120s - a salon haircut (I desperately need one!)
125 - new shoes (I'm thinking sexy black pumps )
120 - bikini
115 - ??? (I haven't thought of anything yet...)

Does anyone else do this? If so, do you mind sharing what sort of things you plan on treating yourself to? Maybe I'll get some more ideas for when I reach my goal weight

Oh, and if this inspires others to plan out rewards, I just wanted to point out my rewards are not food-related, which I think helps a lot - I don't want to associate food as reward, but something to fuel my body to keep it healthy and fit
Celandine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

I definitely reward myself, but I kind of do it when I feel like it, when I remember that I'm actually doing a good job or when I remember that I've actually come quite a long way!
I do non food related rewards too...video games (if I can afford them), nail polish, a massage or manicure at the mall, clothes if I'm really desperate for something that fits better, a bag, a dvd.
I had a tattoo planned and meant to get it at 15kg/33 pounds down, but I couldn't afford it then and I'm still holding off on getting it because I want to wait til it's winter here.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:54 AM   #3  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

I'm definitely doing non-food rewards. The weight is coming off so slowly, this also means I'm less likely to buy myself random fun things before I hit the right weight

I do reward myself with food, though -- the possibility of "cheat" food -- but only as a recovery meal somewhat tougher workouts. Usually, I end up not really "cheating" because working out makes me not want fats in any way. But it's a good way to delay cravings -- "you can have a brownie after you run a 5k!" "Oh, brownies don't sound good anymore? Have an apple. You have a brownie after the next 5k!" Etc.

Last edited by lackadaisy; 02-13-2011 at 02:54 AM.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

Any idea for rewards that don't cost (much of) anything and also aren't food-related? We're on a tight budget - strained even further by my new massive purchases of lean meat - so I'd like to reward myself but it can't go outside my normal spending. Pretty much everything I can think of costs something!
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I do , every 10 pounds I buy myself a gift, non food and no clothing, maybe a pair of earrings, a new perfume, camdles, flowers are some examples.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 280/274/199

Height: 5'5"

ERHR - I feel ya, I'd love to buy myself a gift for a 'job well done!' kind of thing, but I can't. I just don't have the budget right now to buy something for the sake of buying it. What I do plan on doing is when I need a reward, as I 'need' it, I'm just going to buy one step up from something I'm already buying.

Like lotion is on my list, I need some. Next time I go shopping for necessities, as a treat, I'm not going to buy the generic brand like I usually do - I'll spend a couple more dollars more on a name brand that feels a bit more luxurious. I would be spending x amount anyway, so just $3 more wont break the bank. And its a treat that I really will appreciate every time I use the lotion.

When I hit 20 I will buy a food scale, and 40 will be a *nice* new pair of walking shoes (I need them both anyway, but I'm going to make it a little celebration hehe ).

Last edited by BigBlueStar; 02-13-2011 at 10:03 AM.
BigBlueStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:56 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/135/130

Well, my reward for getting to 140 was new work out clothes. It ended up just new clothes in general was my reward and still is as I continue to lose. I went from a size 12 to size 6 (which are now a little loose) so I had to buy all new jeans and some new tops. Right now I am really trying to get to 130 so I might treat myself then because I will have to work hard for it, but that will probably just be summer clothes because I will have none that fit now. lol
Ashley829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/133/117

Height: 5'3

Do I reward myself?!?!? TOTALLY!

For ever 5 pounds lost is a pedicure (thanks to the husband- it was actually hsi idea! LOL) and every 10 pounds lost is a bigger item, like a haircut or workout clothes.

My last big goal was rewarded with a new eco yoga mat and a new yoga towel.

When I hit 135 I will get a pedicure and when I hit 130 I am thinking I will get new shoes! I have been eyeing these Asics for awhile to replace the ones I have and I'm super excited! Besides, i use them some 5 times a week, totally worth it!!!!!!
KimWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Yes, definitely! I really want to cut my hair into a bob- right now it is way past my shoulders and I won't let myself cut it until I get to 127. I hate, hate, hate washing and drying long hair so it's really helping me think twice about grabbing that second helping
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:00 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 168/168/135ish

Height: 5'4"

lol i find that i reward myself with more excersize lol like when i lost 10 pounds i rewarded myself with jillians 30 day shred. but i also buy smaller clothes when i see them on a massive sale kinda like a motivation i'm going to fit into you one day thing. lol i aslo have this treadmill that i never use i just realize that walking is not for me i just dont like it and it doesnt help so when i lose all the weight i'm going to slae it and the that money is going towards a new wardrobe!
jackiedavis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:12 AM   #11  
doing it this time

S/C/G: 340/310/180

Height: 5'7

I just started my weight loss journey and haven't reached any goals yet but I don't even know what ill want when I do. The only thing I've been wanting is the kindle and my boo is getting me one for valentines day so that's out. Im like uhh I deserve something but what?
b rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:15 AM   #12  
Daily Struggle

Height: 5'3

Im also a nerd! i love video games! i have to tone down the gaming to stay focused on school! also i no longer game during the day time because thats how i gained weight, playing video games when i could be out exercising and enjoying a beautiful day. But anyways, enough getting off the point.
Like you, i reward myself in increments of 5 lbs.
My first reward is 9 lbs away, which is getting a manicure and stashing away 100 dollars. I plan on stashing away 100 dollars for when i reach a 10 lb milestone, like from 190 to 180, and put away 50 dollars when i go from 180 to 175. I plan on using the money for shopping for when i reach my final goal weight. i find it very motivating.
Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:34 PM   #13  
2 chins down, 1 to go

S/C/G: 387/228/175

Height: 5'6

Definitely - I don't think I would have made it this far if I didn't have something besides good health to look forward to!

I had a very large amount of weight to lose so I didn't break it up into 5lb increments otherwise I'd be broke by now but some of my rewards were new sneakers for 25 lbs, Lilith Fair for 50lbs, Wii Fit for 75 lbs, new wardrobe at 100lbs and, even though I am still 1.5 lbs away, I bought plane/hotel/convention tickets to San Diego in July for Comic-Con (I iz a geek) for 150lbs. I don't know what I'll do if/when I hit 200lbs - I guess at that point I'll need to save my pennies for new clothes again!
ShesLosingIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 231/ticker/165

Height: 6'1

I wish I could afford to treat myself often. Instead I let myself have something I need every couple months, like I bought trainers last weekend, also as motivation to do more exercise!

I think when I am nearer to/at goal I will be treating myself to new clothes, I haven't bought any since the summer!
LucyFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesLosingIt View Post
Definitely - I don't think I would have made it this far if I didn't have something besides good health to look forward to!

I had a very large amount of weight to lose so I didn't break it up into 5lb increments otherwise I'd be broke by now but some of my rewards were new sneakers for 25 lbs, Lilith Fair for 50lbs, Wii Fit for 75 lbs, new wardrobe at 100lbs and, even though I am still 1.5 lbs away, I bought plane/hotel/convention tickets to San Diego in July for Comic-Con (I iz a geek) for 150lbs. I don't know what I'll do if/when I hit 200lbs - I guess at that point I'll need to save my pennies for new clothes again!
Congratulations on losing 149 pounds. Awesome !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote