View Poll Results: Do You Plan To Spend More Or Less Money On Holiday Gifts Than You Did Last Year?
More 2 20.00%
Less 4 40.00%
The Same Amount 4 40.00%
I'm Not Sure 0 0%
I Don't Buy Holiday Gifts 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2002, 07:04 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#70)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 12-05-2002, 07:14 PM   #2  

Don't forget to go back to #69 and read the last few posts there!!!!!
Old 12-05-2002, 10:22 PM   #3  

Sherry you have such beautiful attatchments. Love them. Yes I do cross stitch but only if I have a particular person in mind to give it to, or a special place that I would like to hang it. It is enjoyable though.

DEE
Old 12-06-2002, 09:28 AM   #4  
Losing it!

HAPPY 6th DAY OF DECEMBER!!! ONLY 20 days until CHRISTMAS!!!!

We all know the real meaning of Christmas, but just for fun, list some of the things that you want this year!!!

On my list: Artist paints, canvas, perfume, wine supplies/equipment, a rememberance necklace, and a healthy and happy family...

Shelley: Do you celebrate Christmas with your in-laws?

Ramona: Step away from the Son and check in with us!!!!! Really, hope your having a blast enjoying both of your sons!!! You can update us later.

Sher: Done Christmas shopping yet? I have one more gift to get off lay-a-way and one to purchase. Almost all are wrapped. Steve helped out wrapping this year, which has been a BIG difference.

Dee: Did you have time to check out the wine cork wreath's?? I think they would be really pretty with clusters of faux grapes and ribbon with a wine bottle or vineyard like pattern.

Well missing Floozies.... please post and let us know how life is treating you. Santa said: No posting...No presents!!!!
Old 12-06-2002, 11:44 AM   #5  

Gayle-I do celebrate with my dreaded in-laws. I would much rather be somewhere else, though!! Do I sound like Bah-Humbug?? Not really, it's just the in-laws.
Old 12-06-2002, 12:27 PM   #6  

Gayle I did look up the wreaths. I really like the wine with the grapes too. I think that I will go buy a bag of corks and some grapes and whip one up. I might just make two, one that is a ring around the candle too. Thanks. I just need some ideas. The old brain is dead! I had never heard of a one gallon wine kit until Jay ordered one of ebay. I don't think that we sell them here. Us canadians need more wine to keep us warm. lol

GUESS WHAT GIRLS ??? Yippee Yippee ......I found an owl like my nephew says! I guess that isn't much of a hint for you all. I found $50.00, the bill has an owl on it! Sure did pay to walk this morning. I found it on the street.

Ramona you still out there? How are you enjoying your time with the family? Save up all the memories. It will get you through the lonely times later on.

Shelley to bad about your in-laws but my mil sucks most of the time too. We are seeing my fil tonight for his retirement/ christmas party tonight. Haven't seen him in 1 1/2 years. He isn't a bad person we do get along but he isn't a family man. He is single and loving it. Likes to drink and party his life away.

So it is party time for our family tonight. There is a dinner and a dance. I love to dance so it should be fun. Larry's dad booked to rooms at the hotel so if we can't drive because of drinking we wi crash there. Our drinking laws just got tougher this week again. If you are caught over the limit they now can impound your vehicle and SELL it. Don't want to do that, we only have one and I wouldn't want to lose that money. So if we are to come home tonight the driver will only be allowed about 2 drinks in the whole evening and maybe 3 but that is pushing it.

Well that is all for now. Have a good weekend.

DEE
Old 12-06-2002, 02:50 PM   #7  

OKAY WHO IS LURKING BUT NOT POSTING????? I see the views going up but no new posts.

Please post and let us know how you are doing.

DEE
Old 12-06-2002, 02:59 PM   #8  

O.K. Gayle, I'll let go of him just long enough to post!
Ben got in about 10:00 last night. The icy weather delayed them a couple of hours. He looks so great! He is a big boy (6'2") and my ribs are sore today from him picking me up and swinging me around!
I've got an extremely busy weekend. We're having a family dinner for Ben tonight at my parents house. Tomorrow I have to work and then go straight to the church building and help set up for our annual ladies' appreciation dinner and then I have to help serve the dinner in the evening. Sunday we have a Christmas party at noon at Dan's National Guard unit and I have to make a desert for that. So much for my day off!!!

As far as what I want for Christmas, the only thing I can think of is a nice pair of houseshoes and to be able to go the rest of the year without the police calling or showing up at my door for something ds has done. That would be the best present ever. I've been pretty down over the situation the last week or so. I feel like I don't have any joy in my heart anymore. Oh well, I don't mean to bum everyone out during the holiday season, so I'll just hush and wish everyone a wonderful holiday time.

As far as all of you with MIL trouble, I guess I was one of the fortunate few. I loved my MIL dearly. She passed on Christmas Eve 5 years ago and I miss her so much.

I've got to go and finish printing the menus for tomorrow night so I'll close for now. I hope you all have a terrific weekend.

Love you all,
Ramona

HO HO HO!
Old 12-06-2002, 03:52 PM   #9  

Ramona I am so glad that you posted! Don't fret about bringing us down. We are all here for you to vent when you need to. I sure have done my share, and I thank everyone of you for listening and halping me through it. Just remember Ramona that this is not your fault, it is a bad judgement call on your son. As much as it hurts you, you have to let it go. You have no control over the situation. Remember that you are a good mother and you did the best you could. It is up to your children now to make the right desisions. It is part of the growing up experience. Enjoy your time with Ben. Have a great weekend.

DEE
Old 12-06-2002, 04:00 PM   #10  
Losing it!

Ramona!!!! So thrilled that you let that son of yours put you down long enough to check in!!!! I know you love both of your sons, and I also understand what you are saying about not having any joy left in your heart. Just try to remember through all the trials that God never gives us any more then we can handle. Sometimes it takes some children longer to grow up then others.

Mother-Inlaws!!!! YEEK!!!!! I have been blessed to have a bad one and a good one!!! My first one reminded you of a heavy set version of the wicked witch on Wizard of Oz. The second MIL that I currently have is a small built lady with a strong will, but very lovable. She would never think of saying unkind words. The first MIL prides herself in hurting peoples feelings and continues to do so even after years of my not being in the family. In fact, last week was the daughters 18th b-day, she neglected to send a card or call just to prove a point.

Well, guess I better go, someone at the door!!!
Old 12-06-2002, 10:50 PM   #11  

Hi Ladies

Guess what?? I have bought 3 Christmas gifts!! Wow....I'm on a roll!! I'm going to try real hard to do all my shopping within a week or so!!

Dee......... I hope you're having a wonderful time at your party tonight!! It sounds like fun!! WTG on finding the money! See..walking DOES pay off!!

Gayle...... How in the world did you get your hubby to help wrap gifts??!! Lucky you!! I can just imagine what my gifts would look like if Wayne helped me!! LOL!! Well...like I said, I've only bought 3 gifts but hey...that's a start..right?

Ramona.....Im glad you're having a wonderful time with your Son! I bet he was as happy to see you too!! It's sounds like you're going to be real busy the next couple of days! Have fun and enjoy your time with him. Oh and by the way...Please remember that you can always come here and fret! We are here for one another through thick & thin! You're a WONDERFUL Mom!! He has just made bad choices and he will learn through them.Let him know that you love him but won't tolerate his behavior! Good luck!! We love you!!

Shelley...... Are you done shopping too? Or am I the only one who hasn't really started yet?! LOL!! Try and have a good time at Christmas with your in-laws.They did one thing right: They had your hubby!! I hate that you don't care for them.I know that must be hard.I love my in-laws.They are so good to me.They will take up for me before they will Wayne! LOL!!

OK.....where are the other FLOOZIES????? Come out where ever you are!!!! I miss you!!!!! Gayle is right....you won't get gifts from Santa until you post!!!!!! WE LOVE YA'LL!!!! {{{ hugs }}}

Things I want for Christmas:
Small diamond earrings, George Forman grill, perfume and a new mop!!!! LMAO!!!

Going to go lay back down.....I have a bad headache!

Love ya'll,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Old 12-07-2002, 07:51 AM   #12  

Gayle-Was you 1st MIL perhaps my present one????

Ramona-Keep on venting. You know I have no problem doing it!! We're here for you girlfriend!!

This is short-I'm going out jogging in the COLD!!!(50 degrees)
Old 12-07-2002, 02:05 PM   #13  

No Shelley....Gayle's first MIL is like the one I have....hehehe

Been out Xmas shopping and almost done, which is very unusual for me...

Making cards to send to people and working for a group that I am fundraiser for.
The organization is for critically ill children.

The snow can go away now. Pretty but can be gone.

Later ladies...Kentucky is playing today.

Vicki
Old 12-07-2002, 02:10 PM   #14  

Merry Christmas
Old 12-07-2002, 03:04 PM   #15  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hey girls...still alive over here! I can't seem to get into the spirit of Christmas! I'm sure as **** not ready to shop, although I did look around in a few stores while waiting to pick Son up from the SAT testing today.

On the weight loss front, I kept a food journal on my 3FC journal link for two days, "messed up," then just now deleted it. Story of my life! Anyhow, I weighed in this morning at 231...still the same. I have, however, realized that I am starting to really get that hanging-belly fat that laps over the top of my pelvic region. YUK! I haven't noticed that before. Is this just a sign of age? My skin is starting to rebel? HELP! (If ever there was a reason to lose it, I think I've found it!)
Closed Thread