Old 02-11-2011, 10:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 241/239/130

Height: 5'0"

Smile Giving it another try!

Hi everyone -- I'm new to these forums. I wanted to join a community where I can give/receive support as I go back on Atkins.

In my senior year of high school, I dropped a lot of weight on Atkins, and I finally felt right with myself (180 lbs down to 145 lbs; did not reach target weight). Unfortunately, the stress of being away from home at college really got to me. I have now become larger than before -- 238 lbs. I am quite short (about 5'0", 5'1"). I'm newly married, 26 yrs old, and in a stressful professional program (getting my Pharm.D). I want to get healthy, be able to start a family in the next few years, and avoid serious health issues that I know will be around the corner if I don't do something now.

I'm ready to do something and stick with it long-term. I started back on Atkins on February 2nd and have lost about 3 lbs so far (I haven't been totally perfect on the diet thus far).

I look forward to meeting everyone here
laueliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:12 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 10''

Hello and welcome! I also have great success on Atkins (and South Beach too) and started again last month to lose the rest of the extra weight from my daughter. I've lost 10 lbs. this past month!

Congratulations on getting married and good luck with your education and losing weight!
AngelxxRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 308.8/294.8/???

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you!
Elvish Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! Your story sounds alot like mine only I have never done atkins before. I used to just calorie count but in high school i finally got down to 130s-140s but i still was never happy with myself because I was still a bigger girl than my classmates and i felt 120s is what i was supposed to weigh (i think I did once, for a few weeks in high school but i was very nearly starving myself and I don't remember the last time before that since I remember being 160 in the 4th grade). My weight fluctuated alot in college and after going up and down and then I met my husband who was much bigger than me and my weight steadily rose, until finally last year after almost 2 years of marriage I was flabbergasted to find myself up to 240! I did not want to turn 30 and be so unhealthy. It was getting hard to tie my own shoes and nothing fit and I hated having to buy things only in the plus section. Also my hubby and I had been trying to have a baby with no luck and I know my weight is a big part of that. So with this new determination I went back to calorie counting and hubby did atkins. Hubby lost over 130 lbs in the same time it took me to lose 45, but I was still happy to be in Onderland for my 30th. We then went off our diets due to life difficulties. I have been gaining and losing the same 5 lbs for awhile and hubby has gained all of 5 lbs himself. So we just got back on track! I am back down to 195 and I am only on day 3! I can't wait to see my ticker go lower!

So that was probably all way too much information but I found our similarities uncanny! Welcome again! Good luck on your journey!!

Last edited by ElizabethG; 02-12-2011 at 12:00 AM.
ElizabethG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/167/145

I too am back on Atkins. I did Atkins over 10 years ago and lost down to 120 pounds and stayed there for 5 years until I got preggo with my daughter. After that I gained the preggo weight and never reallly lost it after she was born. I stayed that way up and down. I started Atkins again on Jan. 2, 2011. I am now down 13 pounds. I am older now and losing a little slower, but plan to stay on track and lose another 20 pounds by summer, hopefully.

I am staying on induction for now. I find this the easiest diet around. Good luck!!
gonnalosein11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:51 PM   #6  

Welcome! I know you will be successful.
Athenacapella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:56 AM   #7  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, Laueliz, you've come to the right place for encouragement, ideas, and answers. You have so many great things going in your life, I'm glad you've committed to getting healthy and feeling your best. Post often; it helps.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote