Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 05:28 AM   #1  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default IP Weekend Chat, Fri, Sat, Sun Feb 11-13.

Tiny summary of late yesterday: Rondar struck again, #105; Mrs. D is doing well and happy; Longdvision has a lovely new avatar and some food for thought, # 103; Pegsi's allusion to a ferret # 93 is in memory of Dave the Salesgod, who departed this forum 3 days before Christmas -- a mere shadow of himself; more non-FAQs in the FAQ thread, which Cheekywit so tactfully points out; and some great losses and observations sprinkled about liberally.

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by Linden; 02-11-2011 at 05:56 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/145/135

Height: 5'9"

Yesterday was WI #3 - lost 4.2 pounds. I love this diet. I was happy to hear of the new higher number of ounces of meat in the diet too.

Yesterday I took a big load of clothes to the Salvation Army - boy does that feel good - all too big.

Yesterday I saw the picture of the turnip fries. Looking forward to trying those.

Hope everyone has a great day and weekend. I hear we're going to thaw out a little here in the mid-west!
Old 02-11-2011, 06:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/199/170

Height: 65

Good Friday Morning! There is NO snow in the forecast and it's suppose to get to 50's next week!. I weigh in tomorrow - Looking for a big Number!
Enjoy your weekend everyone!
Old 02-11-2011, 07:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNinCT View Post
Good Friday Morning! There is NO snow in the forecast and it's suppose to get to 50's next week!. I weigh in tomorrow - Looking for a big Number!
Enjoy your weekend everyone!
I hope the scale gives you what you want...
Old 02-11-2011, 07:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Wow its going to be in the 70's next week...burrrr

I have this excellent new pair of jeans..and Saturday we are going tot he
rodeo and a BBQ...meeting my Chili Cookoff friend there to prepare for my
Competition coming up...
My mouth will be taped and I will bring my goodies along....

Everyone have a great weekend...
:b roc:
Old 02-11-2011, 08:07 AM   #6  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Good Morning I hope you all have a AWESOME! IP day today. Well I have been away since last Sunday training and that means I have been eating out all week on restaurant food I have followed protocol bringing my own WF dressings an salt to my meals and have been pounding back the water like crazy. I have also increased my protein by a few ounces a day to compensate for the exercise I have been doing but I hope I haven't thrown my body out of ketosis. I have been doing a fair amount of cardio each day something I don't usually do at home and I don't feel the signs of being in ketosis like bad breath etc.. I weigh in tommorow and haven't stepped on a scale since last Friday I sure hope the combination of exercise and restaurant food isn't going to hurt my weight loss. has anybody else had to do something like this before and if so what was your outcome?
Old 02-11-2011, 08:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Good morning to all IPers!!

Today is WI#5. Last week I gained 0.7 pound.. but it was TOM. so I guess it,s OK. This week, I feel skinny!!! so I'm hoping for a good number, I have 4 pounds in my head but I don't want to be disapointed if less!

I will come back with my results. I can't wait! Have a good day!
Old 02-11-2011, 08:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 288/268.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Well, I had my weighin #2 yesterday and was down 5lbs and in two weeks have lost six inches. My coach said a couple of things to me yesterday that struck me as kind of odd...
1) We were talking about challenges ahead and I said well, Valentines Day is one of them - can't go out and have a nice meal and such with the boyfriend -- she said that one day of cheating won't hurt you...?!
2) I asked if I could have her do my measurements since we didn't do them last week. She said it wasn't worth it because I won't have lost any inches. I insisted and got them done...in two weeks I am down 6 inches.
Do these things strike anybody else as odd?
I am happy today is Friday - I am planning a weekend of correcting that is overdue to return to students. Other than that I wish you all a wonderful OP IP day!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:07 AM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

Glad to see everyone is still motivated and doing well with Ip.

I had WI#6 today and was up a pound. I had a slip last week so I was not surprised with the gain. I also am experiencing the Big C. That is so uncomfortable!!

On to week 7!!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:15 AM   #10  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Linden,

I enjoyed your 'tiny summary' from yesterday!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:28 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5'5

Default Tgif!!!

Happy Friday everyone.....hope today is just another day on IP losing pounds and hitting some NSVs....

Had WI today and lost another 2 lbs......super happy but still debating on Valentines day chocolates......

Good Luck everyony and happy v-day !!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:40 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Good Morning I hope you all have a AWESOME! IP day today. Well I have been away since last Sunday training and that means I have been eating out all week on restaurant food I have followed protocol bringing my own WF dressings an salt to my meals and have been pounding back the water like crazy. I have also increased my protein by a few ounces a day to compensate for the exercise I have been doing but I hope I haven't thrown my body out of ketosis. I have been doing a fair amount of cardio each day something I don't usually do at home and I don't feel the signs of being in ketosis like bad breath etc.. I weigh in tommorow and haven't stepped on a scale since last Friday I sure hope the combination of exercise and restaurant food isn't going to hurt my weight loss. has anybody else had to do something like this before and if so what was your outcome?
Congratulations on the good work especially when you are out of town. Please let us know how your weigh in went. I bet even if you don't lose pounds you will lose inches.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Wow its going to be in the 70's next week...burrrr

I have this excellent new pair of jeans..and Saturday we are going tot he
rodeo and a BBQ...meeting my Chili Cookoff friend there to prepare for my
Competition coming up...
My mouth will be taped and I will bring my goodies along....

Everyone have a great weekend...
:b roc:
Hope you post a picture with your jeans on. Have fun at the rodeo!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:50 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndee57 View Post
Yesterday was WI #3 - lost 4.2 pounds. I love this diet. I was happy to hear of the new higher number of ounces of meat in the diet too.

Yesterday I took a big load of clothes to the Salvation Army - boy does that feel good - all too big.

Yesterday I saw the picture of the turnip fries. Looking forward to trying those.

Hope everyone has a great day and weekend. I hear we're going to thaw out a little here in the mid-west!
Congrats on you're big loss!!! This diet sure is awesome!! Turnip fries are my favorite, I have them everyday!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:54 AM   #15  
Started IP Feb 4,2011

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday! I have officially finished my first week of IP, thanks to the support of everyone here, and I lost...drumrollllllllllllllll... 7.2 pounds and 1% BF!!! I am beside myself with glee. This is the biggest one week drop I have ever seen on any of the 50 or so different diets I've been on in my life.

The pickle jar is now the star of my fridge. As I was looking in my fridge for the 10th time yesterday for something to munch on, my eyes suddenly fell on the huge jar of pickles that I normally don't eat because they are so high in sodium. It felt just like a tv commercial where the bright ilght comes on and heavenly music plays Who'd have thunk it.

I am heading out for a full day of shopping/errands. I've got my lunch shake and a bunch of cucumber slices packed along with water. Oh, can't forget my pickle, too! I sure hope there are lots of bathrooms available - all this water goes right through me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camio87 View Post
2) I asked if I could have her do my measurements since we didn't do them last week. She said it wasn't worth it because I won't have lost any inches. I insisted and got them done...in two weeks I am down 6 inches.
Do these things strike anybody else as odd?
I am happy today is Friday - I am planning a weekend of correcting that is overdue to return to students. Other than that I wish you all a wonderful OP IP day!
In past diets, I have noticed that my body does not give up the inches until a week or two after I have lost the pounds. Maybe that's what your coach was thinking and didn't want you to be disappointed? Then again, I often hear others who lose inches before the pounds come off. Regardless, she could have explained her reasoning a little better to you... Keep up the great progress!
Closed Thread