South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 02:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default SBD Daily Chat: Friday, February 11, 2011

Hi everyone. My move to Cali is next week, specifically Monday God willing. I'm also gonna join Weight Watchers when I get out there. For those of u who do WW and SBD, can u tell me about Weight Watchers? If u become a lifetime member, are meetings free then. What is being a Lifetime member? Is that when you reach the goal weight they set for you? I can't wait to start!
Old 02-11-2011, 03:15 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Morning, Okie! I'm excited for you about your move! We lived in northern California for two and a half years and had a great time. Lovely hikes and camping out that way! I've never done Weight Watchers, but Tom's step-mom has and I believe once you reach your goal weight and maintain for six months you become a lifetime member. But don't quote me on that. Good luck with the move!

The girls and I are finishing their phonics and then we have a couple more things to do before heading off to school. I've got laundry running and we've already changed the sheets. After the girls go to school, the baby and I are going to go grocery shopping and try to find a Valentine's present for Tom. I had gotten him a nice wool cap that he's been trying to find but now that we found out we're going to Hawaii I kind of think it's not the best present... So we'll go see if we can find something better.

I'm comfortable wearing my size 8 pants today. Woohoo! Four pounds to prepregnancy weight!

Back to work!
Old 02-11-2011, 04:07 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Okie! I am keeping my fingers crossed that falls into place for you very soon! I haven't done WW, but I think it would be great accountability, a way to learn to track food and an outlet for meeting new people.

Kara, congrats on getting back into your size 8's. Perhaps a sun visor would be a more appropriate gift.

I'm up early doing things in shifts. Our pipes got repaired yesterday, but the whole process really messed up my schedule. I asked my friend, the pet store owner, if she would help me groom Bing...which means he needs to be washed and dried by 1030am. I was just too tired last night. He is clean and wet and funny and I'll go back to bed while he dries in his bed. Boy am I counting down until warmer weather.

I think?? I'll be back later. Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 02-11-2011 at 04:19 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:10 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! Grrrrrr...when I weighed in this am I had gained a pound. I know it's not real weight; for one, with the exception of one night I was pretty on plan last week, two, AF is imminent, three, I haven't "celebrated" (love the term Z) in two days. But in the interest of being honest I've changed my ticker just so it will feel extra good when it starts to GO DOWN next week.

Last night I tried to make chips out of low carb tortillas for a drinks party I'm having tonight for some girls from my office. They taste like cardboard but will do to dip hummos in. Trying to remain as on plan as possible! Fridays are prep days for the following week and office clean up days for me...and it's looking good that I'll be able to accomplish all that. Tomorrow we do our taxes...

Okie, I really like the new points plus system at WW coupled with South Beach. Good luck to you on your move!

Last edited by Mmckellen; 02-11-2011 at 06:11 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning everyone!

Okie - I've missed out, you're going to CA?!??! How exciting!! Can't wait to get updates!

Kara - WOO HOO for only 4 lbs left til prepregnancy?! You're amazing.

Lexxiss -uh-oh. I didn't read yesterday's thread, sound like a pipe busted? Hope you get some rest.

Me - Turning a new leaf . Not so much on SB (although that comes more easily). Bought myself a 75% off calendar at Barnes and Noble (I am SO PICKY about calendars), because my other one was too small. Now, I schedule in EVERYTHING (well, not everything ). But, b/w quitting facebook, and scheduling in exercise, it's going really well. I just feel so much more accomplished, and better about myself. I do admit, I need to quit on the snacking.

Hope all is well and you have a fabulous Friday!
Old 02-11-2011, 07:23 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and Happy Friday!

BellaLucia - love the new name - you mean Monday the 14th? An auspicious day! I hope it all works out well for you.

at Kara. Yup - a wool cap in probably not appropriate for Hawaii although they seem to wear wool touques in Jamaica. Congrats on the loss of the baby weight!

Debbie, you've had a rough couple of days. Be gentle with yourself. I imagine Rudi snuggled in his bed drying off. My friend's Rudy was here yesterday - nice dog! Do you think it's the name?

Matilda, I am considering reinstating my ticker. I deleted the darn thing because it wasn't right. I must admit I was up to 202 on Jan. 24 and I sure can't use AF as an excuse.

Twynn, I'm considering ditching FB too. Has spring arrived in PA yet? I love hearing about it moving north.

This seemed a really long week with too much happening and I'm glad it's the weekend. I'm off to town for a haircut this morning, have a meeting after lunch and will take the doggage to the kennel before supper for a 24 hour visit while I elect a new Bishop. I sure hope we get one on the first ballot because I want some shopping time while I'm in town instead of losing my Saturday.

Hope your Friday is a good one and winds down the week gently.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

TGIF chickies! I'm working a half day again today, so I hope to get my house cleaning and grocery shopping done. I'm so excited to get all these chores out of the way before the weekend, now I have to come up with some good weekend plans. Yesterday had lunch with my best buddy at Panera and got other shopping errands done. I feel so accomplished!

I can't keep up with you, Okie! I thought the move was off... Well, I wish you the best of luck in Cali, and I know you'll keep in touch with us. I am a little disappointed we couldn't make that 5k happen here first!
I'm with you, Debbie, I am dying for a little warm weather. I think we will get a mini-thaw this weekend.
Matilda and Ruth, you may have noticed i haven't had a ticker for some time. Too depressing. Maybe I will start fresh too.
I am still a sucker for a real calendar, I can write in, Twynn. Even though I use the one on my phone and my work Outlook and end up with 3 different calendars, aggravating! I'm not planning on ditching facebook, but I sure haven't been on there much lately.

Okay chicks, let's get to wrapping up this week!
Old 02-11-2011, 07:49 AM   #8  
Visualizing the Goal

Debbie, I'm glad they were able to repair your pipes. I hope there wasn't too much damage.

Matilda, I'm sorry your scale is being punky.

Tammy, we have a big whiteboard calendar that I set up every month with the family activities. It hangs in the mudroom so I can peek at it when I go through there. I think I'm going to get different colored markers for each of the kids to keep everything easy to read at a glance.

Ruth, so you put your ticker in time out just like I put my scale in time out, huh?

Schmoo, what are your fabulous weekend plans???

We're home from the commissary and the groceries are put away. I never made it to look for a present for Tom because I had to stop at two libraries to try to get our book club book for next month and that took too much time. I'll have to sneak out tomorrow after Connor's basketball game.

Off to parent conference for Connor!

Last edited by tomandkara; 02-11-2011 at 07:50 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:57 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Friday! I stayed in bed as long as I wanted and am just now savoring my first cup of coffee.

Okie, I'm excited about your move to California and hope it brings much happy surprises and all kinds of good things your way. I wish you the best, and much success with Weight Watchers, too.

Kara, a visor and a snazzy new pair of sunglasses sound like the perfect Valentine's gift for Tom. Whoohoo on those comfy 8s!!!

Debbie, that's a shame about your broken pipes, but I'm glad you were able to get them repaired quickly. That must have been a very rude welcome home. I, too, am counting the days until warmer weather. I've had enough of winter. Enjoy cuddling with a freshly bathed and groomed Bing!

Matilda, you are doing so well that I know that little gain is just a temporary blimp. Did you put any seasoning on your tortilla chips when you made them. I've had them sprinkled with a little Cajun seasoning or with Spike seasoning, and they're not too bad that way. Have a good time with your friends tonight!

Twynn, I've missed you and am happy to see you here this morning! It sounds like a good plan you have, turning over a new leaf. I'm not too active on Facebook anymore, either, and may eventually ditch it, too.

Ruth, your day sounds busy as usual. That should be interesting tomorrow, electing a new bishop. How exciting to be a part of the process! I hope it goes fast, though, so you'll have some time for shopping!

The sun is shining and there's not a cloud in the sky. It's still pretty cold, though, but there's promise of a warming trend coming for the next week. We may even get up to 60* by this time next week. Whoohoo!
I have to go pick out the paint color for our bedroom today, and then will probably go visit with my parents while Jake is painting. It will sure be nice to finally get the bedroom put back together again and get the curtains hung. I don't have any other plans except for maybe doing some laundry and the usual dusting and vacuuming. I lead such an exciting life!
Old 02-11-2011, 08:34 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Happy Friday!!!

Life is good here. Yesterday I made dal for the first time. We generally liked it, except for one of the spices just didn't seem right. I think I will have to make it again and play with the spices.

Today after school we are celebrating a friend's birthday. I made a sweet hummus dip with apples. I am not to worried about it. I haven't found these get togethers to be to tempting.

Okie-CA is great. We moved from southern CA to CO. Have a safe move.

Happy Friday!!
Old 02-11-2011, 08:36 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Happy Friday!

Okie - When I did WW many years ago it was indeed free 6 weeks of attending once you reached your lifetime goal. You set the goal but I think it has to be within certain healthy limits. I stopped going when I reached lifetime - big mistake. Just found this.

Kara - Woo hoo! I liked Debbie's idea for your hubby. Glad we don't do gifts - I hate the pressure.

Debbie - Bummer on the pipes. Was there much water damage?

Matilda - I made some chips like that and thought they were nothing like real chips. I had mine mine "sweet" instead of savory.

Twynn - I'm picky about calendars too! And that snacking, my downfall

Ruth - Doggage - love it. You have such a great way of saying things.

Schmoo - Hope your day is wonderful.

Linda - The warming is coming here any day now so it should make it your way soon after. What color are you thinking?

tanner's mom - Did you try the dal on here? I keep meaning to try it but it gets put off.

No school for the teen today; teachers get the day off because of conferences earlier this week. My son has to go film something for his broadcast thing and he needs to go buy Valentines for his grandmothers. Time for more grocery shopping for me. Talk about exciting lives
Old 02-11-2011, 09:35 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaistingTime View Post
Debbie - Bummer on the pipes. Was there much water damage?
No water damage-all underneath. BTW-they've never frozen before, but DH forgot to plug the heat tape back in! All's well now!

Matilda, great that you made OP chips and will stick with them even if they're not perfection.

Ruth, hope the voting goes well tomorrow.

Linda, picking out a paint color sounds fun!

tanner's mom, your treat sounds good.

Karen, have fun shopping. I like going and finding healthy choices

Schmoodle, yay for a half day of work! You deserve it!

Twynn, yay for turning over a new leaf. I don't spend too much time on FB.

I stayed up and got my rescue group paperwork caught up. Now I'm running behind. Tis ok, I'll order the deli tray for tomorrows' party by phone. Now to get ready for the pool. I'm sure I'll be really happy later that I went back to bed and got a few more hours of sleep.

See ya'll later. It's vitamix time!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 02-11-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:55 AM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning Chicks! OY VEY I am a mess today! Showered for a wee bit too long this morning... got out at 7:32 and went Somehow still made it in at 8, and managed to dry my hair, put on eyeliner, and put on lip gloss (in the car.) Definitely needing some CAFFEINE.

Gonna be a long day because it's followed by a 4 day weekend for me! YES!!! Very much looking forward to it. Better get going. Hope everyone's having a blessed day!

Oh, and if you see wan2beamom, give her a great big HELLO and WELCOME! She's a friend of mine

Lisa
Old 02-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Fly by this morning (almost afternoon). I had to get my car to the mechanic and get to a breakfast meeting. Good news - the car is fine, just lots of snow in the wheel wells. I also found dark chocolate covered strawberries for tomorrow's dessert.

We are spending a relaxing evening at our B&B so I'll check back in then. Since some of you asked the first interview podcast is available. The first part is better than I thought but I'm still embarrassed by getting caught off guard with a softball question. Our part starts at 34.10 ish. Weird note - this is not at all how I sound in my head. I didn't recognize my own voice. http://blog.markjohnsonshow.net/2011...on-effort.aspx

We are off to NY. Have a good rest of Friday. See you at Happy Hour

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-11-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:02 PM   #15  
Mini-goal: 260

S/C/G: 325/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

It's been a long week, and I'm afraid I lack the energy for personals. I'm struggling to stay on plan, but I'm okay with that for now. We will be back on phase 1 when we return home. I flew out on Friday, to stay with mom, dad, and my siblings until dad died early Thursday morning. So tired. So sad.
Closed Thread