Old 02-09-2011, 09:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 236/217/195

Height: 5ft4

Default Weightloss/Moody

I've been sooo Moody this week! I kept thinking it was the weather or something, but im starting to think its part of my weight loss. I think it has to do with part of my enjoyment was always looking forward to food. It was the highlight of some of my days. I know that sounds pathetic. But I used food alot to deal w/ stress or unhappiness etc. Im also aware that this is a totally unhealthy relationship to have w/ food.

Anyways my question is have any of you had moodiness while losing weight? And how do you cope? I've got a lonnng way to go to reach my goal. And was just wondering what you all do to deal.
MzHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:55 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 10''

In the past if I was cutting calories, I would be moody...but I have found that eating low-carb/South Beach that I don't have that problem. I easily stay within my calorie allotment without feeling deprived or mad. I completely know what you are saying about loving food, I do too! But when I am eating the "right" foods (lean meats, veggies and some fruit/whole grains) I don't think about food so much. When I eat sugar/processed foods, all I can think about it what I am going to eat next.

Have/do you eat low carb? I recommended this book the other day to another poster, but also check out "The Mood Cure" by Julia Ross. It talks about various bad-mood foods and scenarios (like not getting enough calories!). Good luck and I hope you are able to lose weight AND be happy along the way!
AngelxxRose is offline   Reply With Quote