Old 02-07-2011, 10:19 AM   #1  
Woman on a Mission

S/C/G: 205/195/150

Height: 5'6"

Cool New Day, New Week, New Life

Greetings all! Another newbie here. Not new to dieting, message boards, etc. Just new to this board. I lost 70 pounds 3 years ago. Made a lot of changes and was on my way to getting my life back. Then... slowly the suckiness of the daily grind wore me down and I medicated my depression with food. Now I have nearly 60 pounds to lose once again.

Please believe me when I tell you that I am so beyond and over "dieting". I have been making life changes since the new year. I have worked my way to the "WOE" (Way of Eating) portion of my life changes.

I am 40. I am a mother of 2. I am a full time office manager. I am a full time college freshman. I am a full time neurotic. I welcome any and all encouragement. I also welcome any recommendations for any groups, given my biographical information, anyone would think that I may fit into.

Carpe Diem.
Zoradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:11 PM   #2  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

Hey Zoradah! I just posted back to you on the thread I had started...I am back and the admins were able to restore my user name!

Anyway, I agree with making changes and not dieting. Back in August of 2009, I started making small changes, simple things, added some more, kept a food journal for a time, just little changes at first and then some bigger changes....I try to eat about 1,500 to 1,700 calories a day, get in at least 5 servings of veggies & fruit, drink a lot of water and herbal teas, cook most of my meals....stuff like that.

Some simple changes that helped me were eating breakfast, I am now in the habit of taking time in the morning for a little oatmeal (i love oatmeal, im weird like that with my coffee and some milk, using mustard on a sandwich instead of mayo, I switched out my nightly snack of a huge bowl of ice cream for yummy vanilla low-fat yogurt with a little fruit or some nuts and a couple dribbles of honey, I stopped eating those $1 fast food burgers and take the time now to cook simple healthy meals, I have food on hand in the fridge and pantry that I like eating but is also a healthy choice, I made long lists of food I like to eat and I do my best to stick with the healthier choices, I read labels and stay away from anything with trans fat.

This site is great! I have received such positive and loving support from so many people, it really is amazing. Good luck to you Lady!!!
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:52 AM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi Zoradah and welcome!

I saw myself in your post. I have spent so many years on the vicious diet cycle and then I would get caught up in the "suckiness of the daily grind" as well. It seemed like I was always losing a lot of weight only to gain it back within a few months time. One bad day led to another and so the cycle would begin anew.
You really have to look at it as a life change as opposed to a diet or it doesn't work. We can't diet forever! You are on the right track. I just wish it hadn't taken me 45 years to get on it, lol
Like Hydra said, I had to stop eating those $1 burgers and start keeping healthier foods on hand. I had to quit visiting fast food restaurants on a daily (more like 2x a day) basis. I had to convince myself that candy and ice cream really were treats and not breakfast ;( I had to learn to like vegetables, that was one of the hardest things for me.
Now two years later I am the thinnest I've ever been in my adult life. For the first time I have a wardrobe that doesn't include 10 sizes just in case. I feel so much better and in control now. Life still has the "suckiness" part somedays...but I no longer reach for food to medicate myself...it didn't work then and it surely won't do me any good now.
You can do this! Baby steps. After a while all the changes become habit and it begins to get easier. You are definitely on the right track
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:35 AM   #4  
Woman on a Mission

S/C/G: 205/195/150

Smile

Thank you both for the lovely and kind words, I do appreciate the encouragement.

From Monday to today (Thursday) I have seen a 6 pound drop. That in and of itself is a fantastic motivator. I am working the calorie counting for my "life change" regarding weight management. I am still trying to figure out what my daily intake will be. Just experimenting and *feeling it out* so to speak. I believe that by not eliminating any food as a possible choice I will be able to find satisfaction in the choices I make.

I had gained 30+ pounds back from the 70 I had lost. Feeling cruddy and generally unhealthy I quit smoking. Gained another 20 pounds and just floundered through the last quarter of last year. This year I am instituting my "life changes". Oddly, weight loss was not the first issue to tackle, but... As of February 7th it took its place as the next item to be tackled.
Zoradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/125

Hey Zordah Getting down on yourself does not make for success.... Be Proud of the Fact "YOU QUIT SMOKING", Good For you ..... Congrats on your new start.

Tamil and Hydra have given marvelous advise. try one thing at a time, add it to your lifestyle then try another.

Welcome !!!
Izzadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 205/192/140

Height: 5'7

I want a LB counter please tell me how to get one ? Thanks ..
Stacyleemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/125

Hey Stacylee

I too want one, but since we are new we have to wait 20 day and 20 posts before we can get one.

So I guess you could say "we are doin' time".

Welcome to 3FC
Izzadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Zoradah..

congrats on your six lb loss!! Thats amazing.....
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote