Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 10:31 PM   #1  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default mooooooo moooooooo i am tired of page five

WHAT has happened??? we used to HATE page two and now we put up with PAGE FIVE?????????????? if i weren't so busy with my displays,I would have something interesting to say---BUT as soon as i have several assembled,I will be sure to take photos and send them about ----- Lush even sends me PERSONAL insults {like at hallowe'en}----GUESS WHAT ,MY SISTER WAS AT TARGET AND SHE GOT ME SOME MINT M AND M'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU PEOPLE MUST HAVE TARGETS AROUND THERE SOMEWHERE????????====IF I KEEP EATING THEM,I WILL BE A VERY EASY TARGET,THAT'S FER SHURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PEACH----CAN YOU EMAIL US FROM THE SHIP????[ your new NO friends are insane,and kleptos for certain}
Old 12-04-2002, 06:39 AM   #2  
fatter than U

Unhappy No Target here!

Just a Wal-Mart that isn't even a real Wal-Mart. Being German, the managers just don't get the concept. Parking lot is too small, no greeters at the door, and they sell Nike and Adidas running shoes for full price. Wal-Mart is supposed to be cheeeeeeep, right? Mostly they just have groceries and not much else. We never go there.

Got a new answering machine. As soon as dh plugged it into our mysterious phone plug in thingy (where you can have three phone lines at the same time) on of the phones wouldn't work. I asked him if it could be the answering machine and he said "Nah, this other thing is broken. We still have a guarantee. You just call this hotline tomorrow and they'll deliver a new thingy." And I said, "No, YOU call the hotline. I don't even know what's wrong with the thingy." So today he calls and the lady (who actually knew something, sort of) said to fax a copy of our receipt and they'd get things rolling. Then I said to dh, "Are you SURE it's not the answering machine? This problem started *as soon as* you plugged it in. Did you read the instruction manual first?" Guess what the answer was? Not only did he not read the instruction manual, he didn't even used the cable that came with the machine! Duh!! Everything working fine now thanks to my superior brain. I swear, men would be lost without us girls. Next thing you know I'll be fixing the toaster.
Old 12-04-2002, 09:32 AM   #3  
Most boring housewife.

Default bah humbug

What a yawn my life is. My DD has mangled her knee at football and I must take her little self to the dr today. This would be an ideal day to catch up on my house, but frankly, who cares? Not you, I'm sure, and not me either. I promise to post a list at the bottom of this message. No scrolling to see how interesting it is, you'll have to read this dreck I'm writing to get to it.
I broke down and bought my boys Playstation 2 for Christmas. They want bikes, but I can't buy bikes, my taste is too Walmarty for them. Maybe if I lived in Germany, they would be willing to have Walmart stuff. Nike? At Walmart? Our Walmart has nothing of the sort.
I could go to Target, but why? I can get delicious crack laced mint lentils at my local mall. I need some crack right about now, so it is perfect.
I feel bad but I can't post that list I promised right now. Stop bellyaching. I'm sure I'll have one to post for you later. I have to take DD to dr. bye
P.S. We are promised snow. This will make my Christmas displays perfect.
Old 12-04-2002, 02:11 PM   #4  
fatter than U

Default Lush said a German word!

"Dreck" means dirt (ok, filth, actually, if you want to be picky about it) in German. Are your Pennsylvania Dutch roots showing, Lushy?

Last night they had a report about messies (can't remember how to strike!) on TV. On the one hand, it made me realize that I'm not *that* bad, because these people really were living in squalor, but it made me realize that if we don't do something soon, it could happen to us. We've been shoveling out the computer room and I must have thrown away the cr*p of a thousand years, at least. Where does it all come from???

Christmas displays are at a standstill until my next decorating vision.

Last edited by SugP; 12-04-2002 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-04-2002, 03:46 PM   #5  

Sugar, men would not be able to manage life without us. This is the way my DH's mind works - I stayed home this am because I had a headache. I was going to go into the office at noon, but being the thoughtful DW that I am, I called first to see if anyone would like me to pick up lunch on the way in. DH said, why, are you hungry? I said yes, but he said don't worry about it, we'll pick up something later. So I said, ok, I'll be right in. When I got to the office, he said, gee, the guys just left to get sandwiches, you didn't want anything did you???? Now did I just tell him I was hungry? Yes! Was I thoughtful enough to offer to get him something to eat? Yes! Was he thoughtful enough to bother to order me a sandwich? No! His excuse was that he just has a hundred things on his mind, he can't think of everything. He is such a man.

Peaches, from what I read about gall stones they can be caused by lots of very restrictive dieting. Hmmm. Have I ever done that in my life? The good news is that I didn't need that gall bladder anyway. Kinda like tonsils.

DS has a Playstation 2, Lush. Also lots of gory games. I personally hate it, but as he is over 18, and supposedly not a young impressionable child, I put up with it. What ever happened to Pac-Man?

I've got to get off this computer and take care of some Dreck.
Old 12-04-2002, 04:26 PM   #6  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

DS has a Playstation 2 that he bought himself. When the d****d things came out they were $300 now they're $200. He paid $200 but it's still mean of them to do that. We use it to play DVDs too.

I may be able to email from the ship but we'll see what they charge for it.

And this MUST BE NOTED. A woman from work went to Australia. She sent a POSTCARD from TASMANIA and it arrived ONE WEEK AFTER THE DATE OF THE POSTMARK. What do you Canadianas have to say about that????
Old 12-04-2002, 04:49 PM   #7  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Gosh, Wabbit

Gallstones don't sound like much fun. Isn't there some miracle drug? Gallbegone? Stoneaway?

My DH is exactly the same, Sugar. Don't ask him what the problem is; he didn't read the manual and he doesn't plan to. He "knows" it's this. And if that doesn't fix it, buy a new one. We've had a non-working CD-ROM in one of our computers for months and he sort of looked at it a while ago and didn't know what the problem was. Since the other computer has a working CD-ROM, it wasn't urgent. Then last weekend when he took DD shopping, he was threatening to buy a NEW COMPUTER! Just because they were "cheap" and this would "solve" the problem with the non-working CD-ROM. Excuse me? Well, I like that old computer; it runs some programs you can't put on an XP (and I guess everything is XP now, at least cheap machines). Plus I didn't want to be W.C. (without computer) for who knows how long, so I suggested that he take a look at the CD drive itself. Guess what he did? He bought a new CD drive! He said it was so cheap that it was easier to just install it rather than try to test the old one. Hey, no problem, at least it now works and I get to keep my computer. Yay. Men. Oy.

No Targets around here, Bagz. I guess I will just have to suffer without mint M&Ms. Perhaps I can go mint M&M shopping when I'm in N.C.

You have very odd friends, Peachie. I would think they just might have a little problem getting that security tag off. Well, unless they have a real receipt.

Dreck seems like a common enough word to me. Or maybe I'm showing my German roots! Did anyone see NYPD Blue last night? They had a crazy lady who answered the door to the cops naked with powder all over her. When they opened the door, you could see stacks of newspapers all over the place and a really horrible mess. She was really sick crazy; she had an unhealthy relationship with her teenaged son, but all I could think of was "you don't have to be crazy to live in a pigsty!" If it weren't for DH throwing away newspapers around here, I'm sure I'd have stacks of them myself. And here I sit on the computer instead of doing something useful. I did get rid of several large bags of clothes at Goodwill the other day. That's always a good feeling. Still, this place ain't going to clean itself.

Do you roll your 'r' when saying dreck? I do

Kiwi

P.S. I'm glad we started a new thread. 5 pages was getting to be disturbing suspenseful. (When should we start a new one? Will we get to 6? News at 11)
Old 12-04-2002, 06:18 PM   #8  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

I have a migrain. I am bit*** and I hurt. I want to sleep all dang day and eat junk food.
Has anyone tried the new Mint Kisses? AS for mont M7Ms they sy sell them all over the place! I prefer Mint Godivas personally. Well in my dreams I do. I also like other expensive mints. But I can make do with cheap crap too. I am off to take a nap.
Daphne
Old 12-04-2002, 06:29 PM   #9  

This is how bored I am. I'm posting for the 2nd time today. It's rainy and gray and I have to go work out after work. I'm waiting to start looking forward to exercise. Will this ever happen? Does anyone actually enjoy exercise? I only enjoy it after it's all over with.

I wish I could post a list of things I will accomplish, like Lush, but I don't even have enough gumption to make out a list. I like that word, gumption. I'm lacking gumption. My house if filled with dreck and I have no gumption.

Kiwi, have you ever noticed how men will buy tons of computer or mechanical stuff, but if you suggest some new furniture, they give you that "what we have is perfectly good" look.

Daphne, try Zocor for your migraines. Good stuff.
Old 12-04-2002, 08:47 PM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

Here's how blind I am. I thought you wrote "It's raining gravy". Yeah, we "need" things that he wants, what I want is quite unreasonable. Like last year: Why did I need a new vacuum? We had a perfectly good (16 year old) one. Well, let's see, I thought the fact that I burned my fingers on the plug every time I unplugged it was good enough reason, but........ But a new computer every year? Well, that's only reasonable. After all, the price is going down all the time.

All Dreck, No Gumption. That's me too!

Kiwi
Old 12-04-2002, 09:11 PM   #11  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

I am full of Dreck and that is my gumptions.
Brattie
Old 12-05-2002, 11:01 AM   #12  
fatter than U

Talking Glühwein recipe for Kiwi!

This'll put hair on your chest!

Glühwein
Old 12-05-2002, 01:32 PM   #13  

Daphne, don't use Zocor for your migraines! I just realized that's cholesterol medicine. Whatever it is I take for migraines starts with a Z, but it's not zocor.

Well, I'm in a better mood today. It's sunny today and that makes all the difference.

Maybe I am starting to like working out. I like how it makes me feel afterward, anyway.

I wish I had something interesting to add to the conversation, but I'm fresh outta interesting. Anyone going to any exciting Christmas parties? Our company dinner is saturday night. I have a short black glitzy dress to wear. Whattaya think? Is the tiara too much?

Sugar, have your tried this glow-wine? is it yummy?

I'm sharing the office with a big Rhode Island Red rooster today. One of the guys who works here said it was being mean to his hens (these hens live in a country club chicken coop) and he's giving it away to one of the other guys who lives out on a farm. Actually he's out in the shop, but when he crows he sounds like he's in my office.

Last edited by Wabby; 12-05-2002 at 01:35 PM.
Old 12-05-2002, 02:00 PM   #14  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

my cleaning lady and i are laughing about Wabby's Rooster!!!! lotta gumption that rooster has goosin' them there henny pennys.[ i thought i would mention my cleaning lady that dear mil pays for---that used to make yas all MAD---madder than Wet hen's being chased by Wabby's Cock-a-Doo-Hickey!!!
Old 12-05-2002, 03:02 PM   #15  
fatter than U

I love roosters - they're so beautiful. My mother had one called Mr. Hangover when she was a kid in Arizona. He used to meet her at the garden gate every day after school and ride around on her shoulder.

Speaking of hangovers - if you drink too much Glühwein you'll get a doozy. NOT recommended for migraine sufferers. I only drink the stuff about once a year and immediately fall into a stupor.

Bagzie - what did you make your darling cleaning lady for lunch?

A couple of Wednesdays ago I was in the parking lot of the supermarket chucking groceries into my car, when the woman beside me, who was also chucking groceries into her car, turned and said , "Man, we housewives sure have our work cut out for us, don't we? I wonder how much time we spend loading and unloading groceries every week? And the men think that all we do is hang around the house watching tv. Of course *my* husband isn't like that. He respects me. But some of them, I tell you!" If I had been brave I would have said, "Hey, lady! How do you know I'm a housewife? Maybe I'm a brain surgeon on my day off!" but all I did was nod my head and smile wanly.

See yous all later.
Closed Thread