Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 11:57 AM   #1  

Talking Is anyone going to start this?

I was hoping someone would beat me here. I guess I am just a little early.

I got my blood test back and all of my hormone levels are ok. I wonder what it is that is making me crazy then.

I just started my serzone today. Does anyone know if I will have to wait another 3 weeks to notice anything? I told the doc I want ed a pill that would give me energy , increase my libido (there is NONE right now, poor hubby)and also help with the anxiety. He seems to think this will work. I sure hope so. I wonder if there is a libido pill out there for women.

My mom wrote down what I have and she is going to her doc. today to see if she has it. I told her my symptom and she was amazed that she has just about the same problem. She didn't say anything to us b/c she didn't think any of the kids had a problem. I guess we are all really good at hiding it.
Old 12-03-2002, 01:17 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi !

Finally I get a break.

Linda are you feeling any better ?

Kem glad your test results came back good. Although it will now drive you nuts trying to figure out whats going on nonetheless, its still good news. If you find a pill that gives you energy, pass me one.

Well the night was a rough one. Grace is teething something fearce and woke up almost every hour crying. I would have given her tylenol but as quick as she woke up, she fell back to sleep. Nothing like waking up to a blood curdling scream....poor kid. YAWN !

Nothing new here SOSDD. Did good eating yesterday and good so far today.

I need another cup of coffee mmmmmmmm.

Well chickies, have a great day, whats left.

Love, Leenie
Old 12-03-2002, 04:14 PM   #3  

Kem, you would be amazed at how heredity is involved with depression etc. Once I started talking about how bad I was feeling to my family, my sibs started coming forward too. 5 out of 7 are/have been treated for mental stuff! Look back in your family tree, too. My great-uncle and dad were alcoholics, my great aunt & grandpa were hooked on prescription drugs, and all of them were overweight, too.

I wonder if there is some link... addicted to food, alcohol, drugs, is there any difference?

I hope everything evens out for you and you find something to help!
Old 12-03-2002, 05:16 PM   #4  

Thanks guys. I hope I find something too. It kills me how everyone looks at me and says that I can't have a problem. I guess I am just really good at hiding stuff and putting on a show.
Old 12-04-2002, 09:04 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Me to Kem, I can hide things rather well to most people. My old boss used to read my face so well it scared me

I find that if you walk around mopie, people don't necessarily want to be with you, I know I don't want to hang with folks that are always sad sacks, it drags me down and I need that like a hole in the head..... so a happy face I will paint even though inside I could be crushed.

We shall overcome this !!

Love, Leens
Old 12-04-2002, 10:12 AM   #6  

Wink What you see is what you get

Hello everyone! Man am I running late, I am a day behind....I just had to add my two cents worth...I prefer to live my life as what you see is what you get....I mean I don't bleed all over the place but if I am not having a great day I don't pretend I am....I prefer being around people who can be honest about how things are...true enough though I will not hang with negative energy for ever....people do have to try and suck it up and move ahead...no one as Leens says wants to hang with a big black rain cloud.

It has taken me 6 years to get over the death of my son in that I do not feel physically depressed and angry...I appreciate so much the people who stood by me and put up with all my sadness and grief.

Let's be real, but be happy whenever we can....like I tell my 10 year old lots of things in life are a choice!

Eliz
Closed Thread