South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 05:18 AM   #1  
Mous

Wink SBD Daily Chat: February 3

Today, remember that friends can help us to be better motivated, stick to our WOE and be there for us through thick and thin.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:35 AM   #2  
Mous

Good morning

I see where Travis from the doctors has written a new book called the Flat Belly Prescription!

It is -14 out right now. Yesterday I did go to the store and it was -7! Dumb, well NO as we are do for More and more bitter cold and I needed to get a RX picked up. There were a lot of people out and about and Charley, Lou and I went at 7 in the morning.

I made a broccoli cheese and bean soup yesterday and it was/is delicious.

Stay warm, enjoy the warm weather, exercise, stay on plan and know that you are all awesome~
Old 02-03-2011, 05:58 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Good morning!

The big storm is behind us here, and life goes on. We didn't get any icing and not as much snow as first predicted either, so I'm happy about that. The schools around us all seem to have delays this morning, but not us. I guess we're the 'tough guys'. Fergie and I got things cleaned up pretty well last night and we only got a few more inches over night so I won't have any trouble getting out of the driveway

I got a lot accomplished yesterday, and went to bed early. Now this morning I keep thinking it's Monday instead of Thursday. It doesn't take much to throw me! lol

Enjoy your THURSDAY, ladies!

Last edited by Heidi58; 02-03-2011 at 05:59 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:04 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,
The weather is such a topic of conversation this winter. It was almost upt o 40 yesterday for us and some of the snow melted, which I am so grateful for, but what melted seemed to be the pretty white snow and now all we see is the black (yes - really) snow left over from a month ago! Honestly, it's enough. Cold today but thankfully no more real snow for the next couple of days.

What is getting tiring to me personally is how dark it is in the morning still. I believe I do suffer from a bit of SAD and I need to get my travel light out and bring it to work and start using it again. It's nice to still see some light at 5pm when I leave work though.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:27 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning.

Quote:
enjoy the warm weather
???? Is that a typo, Marcie? We are COLD here!

Heidi, too bad you didn't get another snow day. Everyone here enjoyed a snow day yesterday. It wouldn't have been as much fun if the power had gone out.

Aw, Matilda, get out your SAD light. They do help. We don't get even a glimmer of first light until 7 but the days are getting longer by about 2½ minutes every day.

Our snow stopped overnight but I need to get ploughed out again if I am to go anywhere this morning. My neighbour shoveled my side steps and walk for me last night but the 100' lane needs a man with a truck and plough! I need to do a bank run, drop off some papers and go to a meeting in town for 10:30 so ... If I'm stuck inside, I'll just cancel everything and have another home day which will please the dogs a lot. I may wade through the snow in the yard (20") and make them potty paths. They sure can't cope with this stuff.

Whatever your day brings, remember it's a gift. That's why it's called the present!
Old 02-03-2011, 06:38 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! I am having an amazing day because I got a call from Tom this morning that we're moving to HAWAII in May! We had really hoped this assignment would pan out and we're both super excited. Now I don't have to worry about getting selected for the Idaho job. LOL

I was sick yesterday but I'm feeling so much better today. I thought it might be mastitis because it felt like the flu and I was sore in my milk-maker but either my body kicked it on its own accord or it was something else. I'm glad to be out of the achy-feverish-chills phase and onto trying to get used to eating again.

Marcie, your temperatures are so super cold! Colorado was one of our options and we had it at the top of our list, but now I'm a little glad we didn't get it.

Heidi, I've been all confused about the days of the week this week, too. All day Tuesday it felt like Wednesday. Odd.

Matilda, it doesn't get light until 8:00 at the earliest here. In December/January, it's often 8:45 before the sky starts lightening. Don't move to Germany!

Ruth, I'm sure your dogs would love if you stay home with them again! Be safe driving if you do go out and enjoy your day by the wood stove if you stay in!

I'm supposed to be cleaning but I got side-tracked...
Old 02-03-2011, 06:40 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

That's great, Kara! I feel warmer already just thinking of Hawaii.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:40 AM   #8  
Visualizing the Goal

You should come visit next winter!
Old 02-03-2011, 06:48 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Everyone got up with me this AM so I had to go right into my functional mode. Pups have been out (it's only 0 here) and DH is back in bed. I have lots to do this morning and need to keep going. What I find when I procrastinate is that my morning exercise suffers. I have a batch of yogurt just about to finish up on my radiator and I'm going to get bills paid. I'll walk at least a mile in my living room before heading to the food bank at 930.

Have a great day everyone! Stay warm!
Old 02-03-2011, 07:02 AM   #10  

Good morning everyone!!! Sounds like everyone got hit pretty hard with the white stuff....none here! Thanking the Lord for that! We would have another Sat. school day! My boys have had another sick week...this time it's flu like stuff??? We all had the flu shot so the Dr. didn't test but it has done a real number on my oldest with his asthma! I don't function real well on little to no sleep and he has kept me up with hourly breathing treatments. He sounds so bad and it breaks my heart! The only relief he has is when he takes the steroid (Predisone??sp) pills. I broke down and gave him his dose for today at about 5 am this morning. I have learned from this that being tired and stressed does not help me stay on plan...last night I had a snack/junk food supper! But I am starting back over on Phase 1 for a few days...I refuse to let that set me back! Sorry I rambled...

Kara- So happy everything worked out and you are getting to make the move you want! Wow Hawaii...how cool.
Mmckellan- I know what you mean about the light...I am so ready for Spring!!!
Hello- Ruth, Debbie, Heidi and Marcie....Have a good THURSDAY!!!!

Last edited by litar; 02-03-2011 at 07:05 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:03 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hawaii!!!! Kara, how would like a permanent house guest? Congratulations on getting the assignment that you both wanted!

I'm back home again after spending the first part of the week at the farm. The storms didn't end up being quite as bad as first predicted, but I'm glad I didn't have to worry trying to drive out there. The girls didn't want me to leave yesterday, but Jake was starting to get lonely.

It's looking like we're getting back to normal today with no dire weather warnings, and there's not a cloud in the sky for a welcome change.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:24 AM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's a quiet morning with lots of spinning in my brain. Not sure if I'm on the road, WFH, or off to the doctor with DW. I'll be back later to check-in. Hope your travels are safe and warm today.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:37 AM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Windsong - Wonder what he'll have to say and if it's anything new.

Heidi - LOL - I am confused about the day too. Drive carefully.

Matilda - I just heard last night that we gain over an hour of daylight this month

Ruth - I love that the neighbors here help shovel each other out. Warms my heart.

Kara - Woo hoo! Which island?

Debbie - Busy morning for you. It is easier for me to get my exercise in when I do it at home; when I have to be at the gym at a certain time I sometimes just can't get out the door.

Lisa - I hope everyone is better soon. My oldest had asthma but not that severe. He actually outgrew it. DH has it but was never diagnosed as a kid, only when our son was.

Linda - Glad it was not bad there; on the national map it looked like you might be south of the ice. My son did have freezing rain on campus.

Cyndi - Hope the brain spin is from good stuff.

The schools are closed again here since it is in the negative temps. This was spirit week for my teen so they are missing all that fun stuff. Saturday is their dance and it is supposed to be above freezing during the day so it could be quite a mess. He told me we need more food in the house so I guess I'll be braving the temps to hit the store today.

Have a great day everyone. Keep warm!
Old 02-03-2011, 08:21 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning, chicks. So busy this week, I haven't had time to check in - just a fly by for now, and catch up later. I'm staggering my way back into Ph1, but found I hadn't planned things as well as I thought. I think I'll throw some black beans in the crock pot for soup. Anyway, those buried in snow and deep-freeze, stay warm, those with ice, be careful, congratulations to Kara, and I think a chick-meet in Hawaii next year is an excellent idea!
Old 02-03-2011, 08:30 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning!!

No more snow "cold" days for us. It's off to work this morning, but I feel very rested from my 2 days off. The kids will probably be wired so, its probably good I am feeling so calm. Yesterday was nice. We did end up going out with my mom and met up with my aunt. My son was so excited, because he got a Mad Hatter stuffie from the Disney store. I am excited because I got pomegranet seeds YUM!!!!

Tonight I am trying a new recipe for vegetarian/vegan tortialla soup. I hope it is yummy.

Kara-I believe I am just a tad jealous

Have a great day!!!!
Closed Thread