Old 01-31-2011, 08:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/228/180

Height: 6'2

Default I am a newbie here but not new to weight loss

Ok so im new to this group and posting on a board in regards to weight loss. So here it goes.
I started my current weight loss mission about 2 years ago. I weighed in around 290. Not my heaviest. Once I was 332. That was my Peek weight. That was a long time ago. When I was 22 years old I peeked out around 332 and began my weight loss mission 1 and I lost over 130 lbs dropping to a low weight of 198. I was damn skinny. Was in a size 32 pant and wore a Medium shirt. I got that way through HUGE amounts of exercise and not eating. This was WAY not healthy. My hair was falling out and I was getting sick. This weight loss did not last. I had a knee injury and was not capable of the same huge amounts of exercise. ( When I say huge I mean huge. 3 hours of cardio per day if not more along with 15 plus miles on a bike each day) My level of fitness at that time was extreme and I was competing in professional sports. The knee injury set me on a long downward spiral back into my old habits of eating and not exercising and slowly over the years I gained it all back (Thankfully I did not gain back more than my peek) a couple of years back my wife was threatening to leave me if I did not take better care of my self and that finally got me off my lazy *** and I began to make some changes to my diet. Cut out the soda and the sweets, Cut out a lot of the carbs and the fat, Cut out most of the fried foods and now I’m down to 230. The last 50 lbs are going to be the hardest and that is for sure. So any words from the masses on how to tough it out and make it work. I dream at night of not being fat. I hate my body right now. I know im a lot better off than others and a lot better off than I was not that long ago. I just dont want to be the fat guy in the crowd. The one that folks stare at and the one that people point at. I dont want to feel self conscious when I order at a restaurant that someone will think that I ordered too much. I am down to a size 36 pants and a xl shirt now but I am still fat. LOTS Of flab I am thinking that with my body type to seam not fat I will have to hit 180 this time and likely be a 30 waist and a medium shirt once more. Im 6'2 and my doctor says that 175 would be a good weight for me. I have not been that thin since the 8th grade. In the 8th grade mind you at 175 I was super fat. My mother told me that I was 50 lbs when I was one year old. That she just fed me when ever I cried or wanted food. I dont know what she was thinking. How can you allow a 1 year old to be 50 lbs. My addiction to food comes from that I am sure. So any feedback would be great and thanks for reading if you do.

Weightlossmission2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:51 PM   #2  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

6'2" and 175 would be really skinny

Goodluck!
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:20 AM   #3  
Amanda Swan

S/C/G: 231/220/160

Height: 5'6

congrats on coming as far as you have, and good luck with the rest of your goals =)
amandaswan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:40 PM   #4  

Default Thanks

Thanks for the support
Old 02-03-2011, 12:19 PM   #5  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weightlossmission2 View Post
Thanks for the support
Good work so far! Keep at it. I am 5'11" and was 296 Jan 3rd. I started Ideal Protien Jan 10th at 289. Last week I was 262. My goal is 200 as I have a larger frame.

I wish you luck with more balanced approach this go around. I hope it works for you. Keep us posted.
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #6  

Default Thanks

Thanks and I wish you luck,