Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-30-2011, 06:25 PM   #1  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Bad Weekend

I had an utterly off-plan weekend. I've been PMSing for almost two weeks (seriously, where is my period?) and generally in a terrible mood. The weather is insane and I didn't feel motivated to work out after a really exhausting day at work on Friday.

Over the course of the weekend I had seven high-cal alcoholic drinks, 200g of peanuts (~1200kcal), two boxes of chocolate (~550kcal), an Idaho Burger (~713kcal) and various other munchies and meals.

To top things off, my car is completely snowed in and there are no sidewalks to be had in this town. I feel like on top of eating poorly, my workouts are also sabotaged until the snow melts. I'm stuck doing whatever I can manage at home. I feel a little helpless and my hormones and the weatehr are doing nothing to make things better.

How was your weekend?
Kahokkuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 420/420/210

Height: 5'9"

Sounds terrible about the snow. BUt there will always be times when you sort of have an off day with diet and exercise. Just forgive yourself and get back on track. Can't promise yourself there will never be times where you say forget carrots, I'm having a cheesecake! mmm cheesecake sounds good right now.....
stasiagurl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:23 PM   #3  
STREET DOG

Thanks for the support! I'm doing my best to keep a good attitude. Checking out the forums this morning has helped immensely.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:54 PM   #4  

Is there any kind of exercise you can fit in at home? The snow totally sucks and so do the hormones. I'm in the same boat right now. Plus I have a sprained ankle and I really CAN'T work out anyway. You would think that would motivate me to eat healthy, but no. It makes me eat more, UNHEALTHY food, and drink a ton of alcohol over the course of the weekend. UGH. I feel like crap but tonight I 'm chugging water and getting ready to start over tomorrow morning.

Sometimes things get the better of us but the best thing to do is put it behind us and move forward!! You'll get back on track tomorrow, even if it's just baby steps!!
tiffany0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Just get right back on the horse and try again. You've been doing great and the fact that you haven't given up despite all of the things working against you just shows that you have it in you to succeed. Try and avoid the extra food as best you can. We all make mistakes this is just a small setback in your long journey. I know you can do it!
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:04 PM   #6  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

My weekend was just like yours. I think it took my boyfriend telling me he was a little grossed out by how little control I was exhibiting to make me realize I need to sort myself out.

I'm updating my ticker to reveal the truth, I've gained in the past couple weeks. Cutting out sweets is step 1. NO CANDY FOR A WEEK. That includes the potluck enchilada cook-off this coming Saturday (good lord).
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:10 PM   #7  
STREET DOG

I'm going to try to find some basic workout videos for download/stream online. I don't have weights or equipment of any kind so I'll just have to find something to get me moving inside my house.

Hopping on the bandwagon food-wise, at least! Just have to avoid the chocolate and soda at home. Thinking of throwing them out so I'm not tempted.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:43 PM   #8  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

30 Day Shred is supposedly really awesome, you can find that easily.

You have chocolate and soda at home? Why/how do you do that? I definitely cannot be trusted with anything "bingeable" in my house.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:04 AM   #9  
STREET DOG

It depends totally on my mood. I let three boxes of chocolate sit untouched for months. I was able to eventually eat the one at a time. And then I bought some on Friday and started eating them in the car on the way home. I'm usually able to keep myself away from everything except bread.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:29 AM   #10  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I had a rough weekend, eating wise, as well. My best advice is always to get back on plan with your very next set of choices. Ive lost over 70 pounds from my very highest weight, an did so with uncountable slip-ups along the way! Dozens and dozens of bad choices and rough days. And yet, I sit here halfway to my goal and looking worlds better. That is only because I persist, day after day, and get right back on the horse when I am thrown off.

Do some pushups or marching in place if you must move - I live in Alaska with small children, I don't go outside for half the year except to run errands. There is SO much you can do for activity indoors. Resistance bands and a Leslie Sansone DVD are my big ones, as is my exercise bike. With eating, getting rid of the 'bingeable' foods and ceasing temptation will help you immensely. You can do it (and so can I )!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:25 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 140/140/110

Height: 5'

Everyone slips now and then... be as kind to yourself as you would be to others. If someone else had posted your comments I bet you would encourage them to just move on, forgive themselves, and get back on track. You are every bit as deserving of your kindness as anyone else, don't you think??
dogsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:07 PM   #12  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahokkuri View Post
To top things off, my car is completely snowed in and there are no sidewalks to be had in this town. I feel like on top of eating poorly, my workouts are also sabotaged until the snow melts. I'm stuck doing whatever I can manage at home. I feel a little helpless and my hormones and the weatehr are doing nothing to make things better.
Well, I myself didn't do so great yesterday either - for reasons too complicated to get into here, my will power slipped and I went to McD's to test the new tortilla wrap with chicken & bacon. Of course I had the option to go for grilled chicken but no, I went for the deep fried. And I ate TWO wraps, not just one.
Other than that, I was pretty good.

Back to you though. Do you know that shoveling is an excellent exercise? (Just make sure you warm up a bit before heading out to do the actual work). What's stopping you from shoveling the entire street? Or at least your sidewalk and several neighbours'. Also, I don't see why you could not exercise at home and had to wait till the snow melts. How about popping in some exercise video? Or, buy a fitness magazine - virtually every one will feature a workout that you can perform at home with minimum equipment.
Don't wait till the snow melts!
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:06 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 348/Ticker/180

Height: 5'8

I use to beat myself up all the time for having slip ups here and there, but then I thought about how I used to eat. If I even ate half that much now, I'd be doubled over with stomach pains!

Just think of this weekend as a reward. I went on vacation this weekend and had a footlong chili dog one day and Taco Bell the next. I got up this morning and walked my three miles just as I do every day. Not thinking about the junk I had eaten. (omg, I regretted that chili dog tho! My stomach can't handle that stuff anymore!)

And if you can't get out to exercise, stay in. Girl, just put on some music and shake what your mama gave ya for an hour! Good luck to ya hun!

Last edited by IheartZumba; 01-31-2011 at 02:06 PM.
IheartZumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:00 PM   #14  
STREET DOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
Back to you though. Do you know that shoveling is an excellent exercise? (Just make sure you warm up a bit before heading out to do the actual work). What's stopping you from shoveling the entire street? Or at least your sidewalk and several neighbours'. Also, I don't see why you could not exercise at home and had to wait till the snow melts. How about popping in some exercise video? Or, buy a fitness magazine - virtually every one will feature a workout that you can perform at home with minimum equipment.
Don't wait till the snow melts!
Thanks for the suggestions I'm actually snowed in because I don't have a shovel and the only stores I have walking access to are sold out of them (it was truly a crazy snow like the town hasn't seen in a long time, and I guess everyone got to the stores before me). I did get a little bit of exercise walking to and from work since I didn't have access to my car, but not nearly as much as I'd like. And I'm on the hunt for exercise programs I can do from home that don't require equipment. I don't have a single resistance band, dumbbell or bar. And on that note...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartZumba View Post
Girl, just put on some music and shake what your mama gave ya for an hour! Good luck to ya hun!
I had a dance party in my house last night. Not as many calories as my usual workout, and going to bed late as a result is kicking my butt this morning, but it was good to move around a bit without slipping all over ice ;p