Old 01-29-2011, 10:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/163/140

Height: 5' 5"

Red face New here - not to weight loss, but now going to do Sonoma

I've been losing weight since last May when I was 185 lbs. Got to about 165 around Halloween and have sat there (give or take a pound) since then. That was mostly because it started getting dark too early for me to walk after work, so I wasn't getting nearly as much exercise. Then, of course, came the holidays.

I'm starting the Sonoma Diet (using the new 2011 edition because it actually seems to be a little less "radical" than the original). I already like Mediterranean cuisine (especially Spanish and Italian, with a bit of Moroccan), and I cook my own food. So I don't think I'll have any trouble adapting many of my favorite foods to the Sonoma Diet. I already have a pantry full of vegetables and whole grains, this isn't going to be a giant leap. The biggest thing, I think, will be weaning myself off the need to sweeten everything (either with real sugar or an artificial sweetener), and working with proportions (the plate/bowl system).

ANYWAY... So today was the so-called "Day 0" of the Sonoma Diet, when I purge my kitchen of all the "bad stuff." It turned out that all I threw out were a few sticks of margarine that I found in the back of the refrigerator that was already past the expiration date. I did have to do my weekly grocery shopping and used that opportunity to stock up on appropriate Wave 1 foods. (But it was a good opportunity to get a rag and clean out the pantry and refrigerator.)

Anyway, sorry for being long-winded, but I'm here because it will be nice to get to know others also doing the Sonoma Diet, and perhaps learn a few things and have support while I try to shed these last 20+ pounds. Tomorrow (January 30) I officially begin Wave 1, Day 1.
Candlebrook Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 133/131/123

Height: 5'1'

Hello Candlebrook Cat and welcome!
I have yet to get the new book and am "winging" it a bit. My husband just got his cholesterol results and they are not good so he is joining me in the sonoma! This will make it easier to cook for both of us! I have lost one pound in January and am "holding". I NEED some good tired and true recipes!!!! Any ideas?
Good Luck!
ping is offline   Reply With Quote