Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-28-2011, 02:23 PM   #1  
the aly bagel

Height: 5'8"

Default Feeling frustrated today!

I took this week off from the gym because we've had two huge snow storms. I've kept on my usual calorie cycling.

Still.

I feel like I gained a million pounds, even though I didn't gain/lose any inches.

My scale was 2lbs higher than on the weekend and I think that's why I feel this way. Even though I know just about anything can cause the scale to go up.

It's like, if I am not going to the gym 3-4 days every week, I feel just bloated and terrible. My weight loss seems to stall too. Or maybe it's in my head?

I think I just need some reassurance.

My biggest enemy has to be the scale. I could stand on it a billion different ways, and get a billion different numbers. I wish I could throw it in a pit of acid! lol Who invented that damn thing??
schubunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

I get feeling that same way. I've decided to take a looong scale break. Which is terrifying. But it seems that I can't move past this roadblock right now an the scale just aggravates it. I've committed to 6 weeks no weighing and focus on being on plan. No idea how this goes. But maybe you could benefit froma mini version? Like 2 weeks.
For me when I lose weight and see thatcher low number I feel accomplished and lighten up on tracking what I eat. That's when the scale creeps up again. I'm hoping that when I hit that three week mark and am just DYING to see my success on the scale I'll realize I must go the course cause if I'm not still sticking to plan to the end of six weeks I'll never know what level my success has been.
ma26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

You don't need to go to the gym to work out there are plenty of great exercises you can do at home. If you have cable there are whole networks dedicated to work outs and if you have on demand you can pick and choose what you want to do. If you don't have cable there are plenty of great work out videos online exercisetv.tv is a great source, youtube has plenty of exercise videos, and there are tons of other sources out there if you look for them. If you don't like videos you can do your own thing like doing 20 mountain climbers, 20 push ups, 2 minutes of jumping jacks, and 50 crunches. If sitting around makes you feel bad then find a way to get moving without relying on the gym.

I wouldn't worry about taking a break though if that's what you want to do. Keep counting your calories and you'll be just fine.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:54 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma26 View Post
I get feeling that same way. I've decided to take a looong scale break. Which is terrifying. But it seems that I can't move past this roadblock right now an the scale just aggravates it. I've committed to 6 weeks no weighing and focus on being on plan. No idea how this goes. But maybe you could benefit froma mini version? Like 2 weeks.
For me when I lose weight and see thatcher low number I feel accomplished and lighten up on tracking what I eat. That's when the scale creeps up again. I'm hoping that when I hit that three week mark and am just DYING to see my success on the scale I'll realize I must go the course cause if I'm not still sticking to plan to the end of six weeks I'll never know what level my success has been.
This is what I'm doing right now. No more daily weighing- I'm going to try once a week and possibly every other week- if I get brave enough I'm going to try once a month!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:05 PM   #5  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

I think Im goin to put my scale away for a couple weeks. It just stresses me out!
MzJuicyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 183/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I weight myself Everyday because I use the Wii, but I think that a long scale break would be awesome. maybe when I get the tredmill, i can' put up the wii for a bit.
CosmicGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 164/see ticker/125

Height: 5 feet even

Just a teeny warning about 'putting the scale away'

When you wait a long time to weigh again, you are putting a LOT of emphasis on a single weigh in. We all know that our bodies can fluctuate pounds at the time, and it can be quite depressing if you set yourself up to see a huge change, and the time you step on the scale it's not being cooperative. Weeks of work can seem trivialized if your only gauge is that number.

One random thing I have noticed about my body is that the days that I feel the thinnest, I usually tend to weigh a pound or so more. Also, my lowest weight day is the first day of my period! I'm a weirdo like that.

I'm not saying there isn't good reasons to set the scale back, but when you do take the scale back out, you need to take that first weigh-in with a grain of salt.

Don't set yourself up for disappointment.
Katydid77 is offline   Reply With Quote