South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 04:09 AM   #1  
Mous

Smile

Acceptance brings comfort.

new members.

Oh, I tried fennel for the first time. Very good and Lou LOVED it can you imagine?!

Karen's recipe was a big hit with both of us. Of course the cook in me tweaked it a bit but I want you all to know that you need to add this one to your breakfast agenda.

Today will be a parsnip! Yes just one for the 2 of us!

I am also having fun trying new spices like saffron!

Enjoy this day to its fullest and know that you are not alone on this journey to good health and better eating.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:31 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi, Marcie! Thanks for getting us started with an inspiring message! I'll have to try Karen's recipe. Today I'm going to head to Glenwood. The pool is calling my name, so it sounds like a long work free weekend is in my agenda. I just checked and the roads are open.

Have a great day everyone! BBL
Old 01-28-2011, 04:51 AM   #3  
Mous

Debbie, enjoy the pool and woo hoo that the roads are clear.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Morning, ladies. I've got 20 more minutes left at work and then it's time for the gym. I skipped my afternoon gym trip in favor of an extra hour of sleep. I also decided tonight that I am going to participate in a 5K every month of this year w/ hopes of being able to complete a half-marathon by the end of the year.

Hope this morning finds you all well. I'll try to check back in later and do some personals since I've been slacking on those a lot lately.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:51 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! I'm working through a pile of laundry today. Four loads are washed, two are dried and folded, one is hanging, and the fourth is in the dryer. Good times. Anybody want to come over? LOL

Marcie, we love parsnips! I like to roast them and sprinkle balsamic vinegar over them when they're done.

Enjoy your dip in the pool, Debbie! Do you still go to the water aerobics class?

Natasha, I love your 5K goal! I have a friend who did a race every month last year and she really had a fantastic time with it!

I think my last load of laundry is finished so I'm going to go grab it. Be back later!
Old 01-28-2011, 05:53 AM   #6  
Be happy.

Good morning

I'll have to try the zucchini hash browns one evening next week. We love zucchini any way you fix it and Fergie's a big fan of hash browns so this one sounds like a winner for us.

Debbie have a safe trip and a wonderful weekend! I'll be swimming this weekend, too - but in a a boring indoor pool. lol One of these days (maybe after I win the lottery ) I'm going to have to plan a visit out your way. I'm so intrigued by your pool.

Natasha, that's an imprssive goal - a 5k every month! Will you have to do a lot of traveling to manage that? I loved seeing the photos from your first one - I'm looking forward to hearing about your next 11.

Like Natasha, I choose extra sleep over exercise last night too. I'm not sure if it's the weather or what but I've been dragging all week. I'm glad it's Friday, and I'm really glad it's finally our Freeport weekend. Fergie is going to pick me up at school and we'll head out from there. We've got a busy weekend planned, with snowshoeing, shopping, and a visit to the Maritime Museum planned, but it won't bother me at all if we streamline our plans once we get there.

But before I can go play for the weekend I need to head to work. I'm covering an early duty for a friend this morning so I need to scoot!

Have a great day friends!
Old 01-28-2011, 05:56 AM   #7  
Be happy.

Ooops! Good morning Kara!
No time for me to come to your house today, but if you and Lukas get bored you can always help me get caught up here. I'll leave the key under the mat... Enjoy the rest of your Friday!
Old 01-28-2011, 05:56 AM   #8  

Height: 5'8"

good morning all,
I woke up with a sinus headache due to not being able to have the window open while we slept and the couple of glasses of rich red wine I had last night. Got on the scale and was so apprehensive I'd show a gain, but I lost a pound! I'm so happy.

So tired of the snow though. It's hampering my plans to exercise and I just don't feel like doing it at the gym right now. Today will be busy at work since I wasn't there yesterday because of the snow day. That's all for now.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:26 AM   #9  

Just a fly by Hello...this morning. Hope to get back by here this afternoon! Happy, Happy Friday everyone!
Old 01-28-2011, 06:42 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Marcie ~ I love parsnips, too, but don't have them very often. I just may pick up a couple for the weekend, though. I serve mine the same way Kara does.

Debbie ~ have a safe trip over the mountain!

Kara ~ I put off doing laundry until today, so that's what I'll be doing this morning, too. At least with just Jake and I, I usually only have a couple of loads.

Heidi ~ I've been dragging all week, too. I don't know if it's the weather, but all I want to do is sleep. Have a fun shopping trip to Freeport! And have a lobster dinner while you're there.

Matilda ~ kudos on another pound gone! I've had it with all this snow, too, but another big one is due next week. Ugh.

Cindy brought the girls over here yesterday on her way to her appointments. We spent the day playing on the Wii, then I took them sledding with Amber and Tyler. I may try to go over to the farm for a few hours today. I just saw that the girls have yet another Snow Day. The poor kids are going to be making up these days until the end of June at this rate.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:46 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning No time for personals today, it's an over the mountains day. Luckily the sky is clear and it should be lovely.

You have me thinking about parsnips now. We never eat them because of the GI and DW's diabetes. Maybe I should give them another look. The one time I checked we crossed them off the acceptable list. I actually thought they weren't allowed at all. It would be nice to have a new veggie that's local this time of year. Off to the Google this weekend

Have a sunny Friday everyone
Old 01-28-2011, 06:55 AM   #12  
Mini-goal: 260

S/C/G: 325/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

So we did Week 1, days 1, 2, 3 of C25K and the big question now is: do we move on to week 2 (which looks amazingly impossible) or keep at week 1 until we feel like we aren't going to die when the run is over? Ha ha! I think we're supposed to move on, and indeed we may well do that.

Lady Windsong: Fennel is particularly good in sausage.
Debbie: The pool never calls my name. I hope you enjoy your time with it nonetheless!
Natasha: A 5K every month sounds like a great goal! I haven't even found my first one yet.
Kara: Laundry day, huh? Hope it's mercifully short lived.
Heidi: Zucchini hash browns sound a bit too adventurous for me. Pictures when you make them?
Mmckellen: We're luck to be done with snow here for now. May yours melt quickly.
Litar: Enjoy your day!
Cottagebythesea: A day of Wii sounds fun (and tiring)!
Cyndi: Are parsnips like turnips? Or something else?

Off to work! We ordered a new mattress topper and some heaters in hopes of making our bedroom a bit more cozy. Can't wait for them to arrive!
Old 01-28-2011, 07:48 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Was awake for several hours during the night and am running really late. Got up at 7:30!!!!!
Some cleaning, shopping and prep for weekend visitors is on the schedule.
Catch y'all later.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:21 AM   #14  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Windsong - Glad you liked it. I rarely tweak since I am not a talented or creative cook. I've never tried either fennel or parsnips!

Debbie - Have a safe trip back. Enjoy the pool.

Natasha - What a great goal!

Kara - I remember the days of little ones and lots of little laundry! My teen has lots of big laundry; I think he changes clothes more than once a day.

Heidi - My husband even ate them and he doesn't like zucchini any more than I do! If you are driving to CO, could you stop by (I'm on your way) and pick me up to go with you

Matilda - I'm tired of snow too and I think you have way more than me! today it is going to be in the 50s here so it will be a melting mess.

Lisa - *waves*

Linda - I heard one school district, not sure which one but it was out east, say they'd actually be using vacation days to make it up. Bummer.

Cyndi - Off to the google?

Annie - Why not try week 2; you may surprise yourself. And if it is too hard, you can always back off. I love my heated mattress pad

Ruth - Have a good one!

I've got nothing planned today but lazing around, for the most part. DH will have the car all afternoon and I still can't exercise yet. I suppose a good wife would figure out which cleaning activities don't engage core muscles (not vacuuming, for sure).
Old 01-28-2011, 08:34 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

TGIF!!!

I am so ready for my weekend. Weeks when I have parent teacher conferences just seem so long. It is supposed to be in the high 50's here today. Maybe I will sneak out for a little sun this afternoon. Hopefully, the kids are well behaved today and it will be evening soon, where my only plan is to veg on my couch.

Have a great day!!!
Closed Thread