PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:58 PM   #1  
Back in the saddle again

S/C/G: 249/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

Default Feeling hormonal today....

and I never do! Seriously - n-e-v-e-r! On the same BCP that I've been on for years, no recent change in diet, nothing particularly stressful or emotional going on in my life, but I spent most of the morning, and now the evening, feeling weepy and anxious. I don't get it. The only thing I've managed to come up with is the possibility that my hormones are imbalanced/adjusting due to weight loss?? Is that even possible

p.s. yes, I'm posting this here because I do have PCOS complete with low estrogen and somewhat high testosterone (at least I did the last time they ran a hormone panel, but that was years ago)
spixiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:12 PM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
is the possibility that my hormones are imbalanced/adjusting due to weight loss?? Is that even possible
Yup. Fat tissue is where estrogen has some action, so it is possible that if you lose fat tissue (weight loss) you get some hormone wacky.

Fat tissue also stores old toxins. When you lose the fat, the toxins break back out into your blood stream and could make you feel all wacky too.

If its been 5 years since your last labs, you might want to think about getting a fresh set done just to see that you have your PCOS under control.

GL!
A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:24 AM   #3  
Picking Myself back up

Height: 5'6 1/2

Hi!
I know about hormonal feelings. LOL.. about a week before my period..
Say one thing wrong and im ready to rip off your head.. LOL ok maybe not that bad.. but i have gotten used to it.. mostly its sadness and crying for me..
not sure what triggers it.. other than my cycle..
the joy of having pcos...
Grace73 is offline   Reply With Quote