Old 01-26-2011, 02:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 176/133.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Default 3 weeks- Is this normal?

Hi ladies, I've been traveling a lot for work so I haven't been posting a lot but I'm 3 weeks into my weight loss journey. I'm being reasonable with calories (i.e, 1200-1400) though I don't want to give up my glass of wine or two at night that I realize make up a portion of those calories. I also have a cheat meal once a week that maybe puts me up to 1800-2000 calories for that one day a week. The first week I lost 6 pounds but now, at both week two and week three, I'm the same 170 pounds.

What gives? Should I be doing something different? I haven't found time to fit in a workout because work has been crazy (i.e., 12-18 hour days) but hope to be able to do so soon.

Edited to add- TOM is here this week, could that have something to do with it?

Last edited by asweetchicagogirl1; 01-26-2011 at 02:22 PM.
asweetchicagogirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 236/217/195

Height: 5ft4

Im sure its not the same with everyone.. but when TOM comes I usually gain a pound or two. And then at the end of TOM if I have stayed with my eating plan and not over indulged to my cravings.. the loss will show up.
MzHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/135/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzHopeful View Post
Im sure its not the same with everyone.. but when TOM comes I usually gain a pound or two. And then at the end of TOM if I have stayed with my eating plan and not over indulged to my cravings.. the loss will show up.
This is exactly what happens with me.

Something I would try is to cut back that cheat meal to maybe once a month or if you aren't ready for that every other week. If I am cooking at home, it's always healthy. If I eat out, it's maybe twice a month at most and even then I try to make healthy decisions. It's about a life change so once you cut out those fatty foods or bad foods you will find you won't want them anymore. I don't know if you do the simple things like all whole grains, no sodas, all lean meats (i switch ground turkey for beef, etc.), very rarely have sweets, but remember those are the easiest changes to go ahead and make.

Hang in there, continue to track your food and try to fit in exercise somewhere, even going for a walk on a lunch break will help.

Last edited by Ashley829; 01-26-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Ashley829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 176/133.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Hmm, will try cutting the cheat meal to once every two weeks (don't think I can go longer than that). I am trying to eat more whole grains, veggies and don't eat a lot of sweets. I'll have a diet Coke maybe once a week otherwise its coffee, water and (like I mentioned) a glass or two of wine. I've also tried to switch to lean meats (like chicken and turkey).

My "cheat" meals (other than this week- ugh, pizza) so far have been a medium steak with a medium potato (no butter, light sour cream) and a turkey brat with some baked chips so it isn't like I'm going overboard with the cheating (well, other than the pizza this week- I felt sick after eating it because I ate too much). Maybe it is TOM...I'll keep at it, girls, thanks for the encouragement.

Exercise also has to fit into this new life of mine...just not sure how yet.
asweetchicagogirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote