Old 01-25-2011, 10:15 PM   #1  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Smile So Far, So Good!

The switch to Weight Watchers seems to be working out. Now granted, when I first weighed in last Tuesday I was retaining fluid after a long car trip so my starting weight was a little high.

This past week I tracked both WW points and counted calories. I just could not turn loose of cc because I was afraid that I would have too many calories with the free fruit. Using my daily points, my calories were about 1300 - 1350 per day. I only used a few of the extra weekly points.

Anyway, I had my weigh in tonight and *drum roll* I lost 7.2 pounds! While I am sure that some of that was water weight but some of it had to be fat.

This week I am going to still cc and count WW points. If I have another good week, I may turn loose of counting calories. We will see!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:15 AM   #2  

Wahoo!!! Good for you. I am also enjoying weight watchers, albeit with a little less spectacular results than yours!!
Bunti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Yea!! for your weight loss and Weight Watchers!! I occasionally run my intake through a calorie counter (and other nutritional factors) and it always seems to be right in line with 1350-1500. I'm so glad its working for you!
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 420/420/210

Height: 5'9"

Yay! You're doing so good. I never did weight watchers, but I heard nothing but good things about them. I know they do ww points but what else? What are the meetings like?
stasiagurl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:01 AM   #5  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
I know they do ww points but what else? What are the meetings like?
I did WW off and on for years. Typically I would lose 20 or 30 pounds, quit losing for a few weeks and then give up. I did not join this time for the diet but for the support. I have lost a lot of weight with calorie counting but have struggled for several months now and feel that I need a change. They have changed their diet and I like it better than the old one. You do count points for your food. The points values have changed from their old diet. Junkier food is assigned more points to discourage you from eating them. Most vegetables and fruit now have 0 points. I am being very cautious with the fruit because I can consume lots of calories with fruit.

I really joined for the meetings and expect them to really help me. You weigh in when you first get there. The accountability of that helps me. Then at the meeting there is a "ra ra" factor. You get a small reward for losing weight. It is a gold star for every 5 pounds and goes up to a key chain and something else as the loss goes up. Everyone claps and you can get that feel good sensation.

The leader will have a little lesson on weight loss - something like "How exercise helps" or "strategies for eating well at a party".

My favorite part used to be discussion by the group of questions, or foods they found or exercise tips or problems they have encountered. Just whatever, much like the discussions we have here at 3FC. My new meeting has not had that type of discussion yet, but I think it is because they have been overwhelmed with an influx of new members.

I think it will help me but it is too soon to know for sure.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:41 PM   #6  
Sherry

S/C/G: 205/187.2/150

Height: 5'2" (really 5'1 1/4" ( but I refuse to accept that - I don't care what the doctor says!)

YAY! there Timetolose....Way to go. Isn't it encouraging? I like your Lee iacocca quote. I too am going to WW. And I've gone there off & on for eons. But this time I have a different feeling about the whole issue of dieting or whatever you want to call it. I really like the new points system. I don't think about calories-just go with the points. Good on all of us, eh? Now if the snow would go away but that won't happen for another couple of months.
Laffalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:18 PM   #7  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Way to go shaking things up a bit!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:40 PM   #8  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations Cheryl! The program sounds great; I'm glad it's working for you.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:46 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

Congrats! I'm happy you've got your weight loss kick-started again...keep it up!
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:39 AM   #10  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I'm glad you explained why you think it's working because I always thought really CC and WW were pretty much the same. I was pretty sure the group meeting aspect would help motivate you. I think that's amazing!

And yes, free fruit would do me in. I limit myself to 1-2 servings a day. Free veggies I could handle though. But it's nice to see them encouraging people to choose fruit over chips for the same points.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote